ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   More thieving scum - LG54 OHJ Black WRX, Weybridge (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/622126-more-thieving-scum-lg54-ohj-black-wrx-weybridge.html)

JPL 19 July 2007 10:29 AM

More thieving scum - LG54 OHJ Black WRX, Weybridge

You never think it will happen to you, the utter c*nts!! :mad:

Having the bathroom done, (skip and vans on drive), and went on holiday, so was a good idea to park up at my friends house, in fact, park on his drive behind his 2 month old Grand Cherokee, he was going on holiday too, keys left in the house (another friend looking after pets, might need to move cars, etc).

The fvckers broke into the house, found both sets of keys, and drove both cars off.

This happened last weekend, so I'm not expecting it to be found. It's only a bit of metal at the end of the day, plus the c*nts broke in when the house was empty so no-one hurt... however, my query is thus;

I cannot get a hire car on my insurance, what are my options?
Work cannot help me out
What am I looking at, for very, very cheap car hire?
Is it cheaper to go and buy a wreck?

I know nothing about cars, so buying a wreck will be a gamble, but without a car I'm screwed workwise.

Lastly... LG54 black WRX, perfect condition, about 16,000 miles on clock, what's it worth?

Thanks guys

John

rossyboy 19 July 2007 10:32 AM

If you're going for a wreck, you cant go far wrong with small japanese eg micra, civic, corolla....

Scoobyspanners 19 July 2007 12:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your Motor, anything Jap will do but I would look out for an old Celica or Supra personally! :)

fivetide 19 July 2007 01:09 PM

Bus not an option?

Otherwise something with an MOT and three months tax should sell on for what you paid when you don't need it anymore.

5t.

dantastic 19 July 2007 04:15 PM

Members of surreyscoobies have been informed of the theft of your car by one of our members they will all keep an eye out for it hopefully someone might spot it, i hope you get it back unharmed. regards, :Suspiciou dan.

Stevesbluewrx 19 July 2007 05:05 PM

JPL,

Shocking mate. Sorry to hear of the sad news when you got back.

I'd suggest signing up to Surrey Scoobies - Powered by vBulletin and add any details that may stand out on the car.

Good luck.

Steve

daddyscoob 19 July 2007 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear about the theft.

Suggest to run around in a Pug 205 D I had one just to save running up the mile on my Subaru. Bought for £500 run for a year sold for £485 and 50+ mpg £ 130 insurance

stara 19 July 2007 08:13 PM

gutting mate, hope they ****ers die slowly.......anyhoo an old mondeo diesel will get you around reliably, or for £100 a week, hire a ford ka or similar. whatever is the cheapest.

JPL 19 July 2007 08:57 PM

Cheers guys,

Insurance people are sympathetic... but useless.

I gave up smoking 13 days ago as well, so coming back to this wank is really not helping me.

I don't think I'll be buying back into the Subaru club again :(

FvckI am so pissed off still:mad:

bugeyeandy 19 July 2007 09:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your car mate, never thought something like that would happen in Weybridge.
As for car rental, if you go to Vauxhall Station to the Sixti Car rental place you can hire a smart car for £9 a day.
I did this for a few weeks when my last car was off the road for a bit.

SIXTI. Low Cost Rental. Rental Car from SIXTI.