ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   search on this web site has changed (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/622099-search-on-this-web-site-has-changed.html)

sti 360 19 July 2007 06:41 AM

search on this web site has changed

can some body tell me why when i now use the search on this site it comes up google search and not like before with the option of advance search,
every time i do a search it seems its out of this site,
i hate it, this web site is ace and now i cant find anything,please help
matt

daz-c 19 July 2007 08:54 AM

I've just found the same. Looks like you have to upgrade to full membership me thinks :eek:

daz:

Untitled 19 July 2007 09:15 AM

yes it'll cost £5

sti 360 19 July 2007 03:31 PM

so how do i do this then thanks matt

oobster 19 July 2007 04:11 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/payments.php

andy97 19 July 2007 04:15 PM

rip off!

the_msp 19 July 2007 05:54 PM

Can this info not be made a sticky :wonder: its being asked like twice a day

LEUVEN 19 July 2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 7121789)
rip off!

Yep :)

Have option to use a service for years after registering and even paying £25 for a 12 month membership in may case.
Then Have said option taken away unless you pay more money. :wonder:

Obviously the site costs money but wasn't that what the adverts were brought in for. :confused:

The main reason I visit SN is for the search and info, If theres no search = :brickwall

the_msp 19 July 2007 06:45 PM

50p a year, for 10 years worth of searching, is not a rip off.

If you took your car to a main dealer for them to diagnose problems etc, how much would it cost? S'net has such a large resource of asked questions - and more importantly most of the time the answers to them.

pete higham 19 July 2007 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by the_msp (Post 7122152)

If you took your car to a main dealer for them to diagnose problems etc, how much would it cost? S'net has such a large resource of asked questions - and more importantly most of the time the answers to them.

but they are charging for info that the community has put on the board not what they have researched and IMO its a feckin joke

they have also cut back on the number of pm,s, before i got my smacs badge i was able to have 40 pm,s when my smacs badge ran out it was cut down to 25 :nono:

the people who are running this site are becoming greedy and will never get another penny of mine :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing :hjtwofing

T0SSER'S :thumb:

green un 20 July 2007 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by the_msp (Post 7122152)

9 times out of 10 the answers people give are 'give so and so a ring or phone these' these aint answers, if anyone wanted to ring these people surely they could get the number of the adverts splatterd all over this site. these are people who think they will get something for nothing next time they visit them, just for giving them a free plug.
for all them bumsucks out there remember nothing in life is free:D

The rookie 20 July 2007 06:32 AM

Come on be reasonable, they have to pay for Steve's Type-C replacement (surely due soon) somehow, the advertisers may pay a lot to be on here (and the helpfull ones like David API, JGM, AndyF and Harvey -sorry if I've missed some - are much appreciated for their free advice) but there are 60,000 untapped wallets on here as well!

Simon

scoobyverysoon 20 July 2007 09:23 AM

Well said Peter Piper :thumb:

Coffin Dodger 20 July 2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by the_msp (Post 7122042)
Can this info not be made a sticky :wonder: its being asked like twice a day

If we had a decent search facility we'd be able to find the info easily, no need for a sticky :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: