ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thieving Scum P616 UJS? Aberdeen (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/621672-thieving-scum-p616-ujs-aberdeen.html)

daves2rs 17 July 2007 10:02 AM

Thieving Scum P616 UJS? Aberdeen

Attention Scoobynet Members,

I have been the proud owner of MY94 Subaru WRX Import for 3 months and have loved every second until now and report the following.

Last night approx 12.40am in Central Aberdeen I was woken up to my horror with an almighty noise outside and the sight of a Subaru driving away!?!?!?! I flew downstairs and my car was still there but my new STI6 high rear spoiler top half had been ripped off :mad:

I couldnt see anybody or anything just total silence. I then checked the damage to see that there hand print was still visible on the lower half due to condensation but obviously the lower half was firmly bolted and bonded so didnt budge but the top half did :cuckoo:

This is where it gets worse, all of a sudden from the top of the street a car with a loud distinctive flat 4 rumble proceeded to drive down at which point I crouched down beside my car thinking he surely isnt coming back for more. It then slowed down beside my car when I ran out to confront but he then sped away where I could only see the back passengers laughing.

What shocked me was this car was the same red Subaru I saw from my window and had standard black trim, gold alloys and a LOWER rear spoiler. I could just make out the plate and 90% sure its was P616 UJS.

More than anything im shocked that a fellow Subaru owner could savagely attack another person's car then have the cheek to drive back down for a second look really f$cked me off.

If anyone knows this registration or has had a similar experience then let me know :thumb: cos I'll be dealing with this scum myself ;)

bagpipes 17 July 2007 10:07 AM

Sorry to hear that mate, will keep my eyes & ears open

hmmyip 17 July 2007 10:08 AM

Reg seems to be right, checked it at Car Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Status Check, Personal Injury Claim, Car Loan (Vehicle checks down right hand side!) its a Subaru Impreza Sport 1996.

Go get em.........

bibo_boy 17 July 2007 10:09 AM

I'd have picked up a brick and launched it.....

Ok, that's what I'd like to do.....

bibo_boy 17 July 2007 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by hmmyip (Post 7115684)
Reg seems to be right, checked it at Car Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Status Check, Personal Injury Claim, Car Loan (Vehicle checks down right hand side!) its a Subaru Impreza Sport 1996.

Go get em.........

Beat me to it!!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!

Ha!!!! the scum can't even afford a turbo!

what would scooby do 17 July 2007 10:13 AM

Let the hunt begin... :D

daves2rs 17 July 2007 10:15 AM

Thanks, its the correct registration then ;)

bagpipes 17 July 2007 10:22 AM

just posted this on aberdeen scoobies for you:thumb:

What colour of wrx do you have

rossyboy 17 July 2007 10:23 AM

Sure I've seen this one going about. I'll give it a good kick if I happen to be passing and its empty ;)

More justification for my car getting the garage :)

bagpipes 17 July 2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 7115718)
Sure I've seen this one going about. I'll give it a good kick if I happen to be passing and its empty ;)

More justification for my car getting the garage :)

The reg seems to ring a bell with me to, I only go certain places so it wont be hard for me to suss out where I seen it, will keep you posted

The Zohan 17 July 2007 10:26 AM

Do not forget they know where you live not vise-versa!

Report it to plod and see how you get on befofe taking things into your own hands. if you do go down this route find out where thery live as well so you level the playing field a bit.

Gus the Bus 17 July 2007 10:29 AM

I'll also put a link to Scottish Scoobies:norty: hope you catch the barstewards:mad:

Gus

fivetide 17 July 2007 10:34 AM

You calling the cops then? they might pick them up with your stuff on them.

5t.

daves2rs 17 July 2007 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info and help again people.....

I did contact the police and made a statement but was told, because there was no proof or me actually seeing them do it, it would be difficult for them to prove it :cuckoo:

A little info about my car... I purchased MY94 Red Impreza WRX Import 3 months ago from Chapman_1981 who for SIDC members also know him. After a few months searching I finally got the car I wanted. I proceeded with numerous mods like bodywork, engine and last week finally had it finished. I was planning to take some final shots this weekend but that will be suspended now :brickwall

Gus the Bus 17 July 2007 11:05 AM

Dave,

I 've been in your car when Stewart had it! Very very nice example:thumb:

Also got my 555 from him.

Gus

PS aw well, if the police wont take action then I see some damage to a sport happening pretty soon:norty:

fivetide 17 July 2007 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by daves2rs (Post 7115767)
Thanks for the info and help again people.....

I did contact the police and made a statement but was told, because there was no proof or me actually seeing them do it, it would be difficult for them to prove it :cuckoo:

Utter rubbish. I'd make a complaint. I had a similar incident once and saw a white orion speeding off after having radio etc nicked from the car. Cops immediately had an idea who it was, pulled them, got my radio back which i had to ID for them and sent the four scallys down for theft.

If they got their finger out the wing might still be in their car!

useless.

5t.

D.K.1 17 July 2007 11:06 AM

No proof? What about the bleddy handprint? :cuckoo: They should take that and see what thay have linking their prints with their reg and probably address too.

Hope the plod do do something bout it! You're likely to end up in mroe troule than them otherwise :(

I do however, hope they get what's coming to them! :mad:

L.J.F 17 July 2007 11:15 AM

mate go get some barbituam paint and exspanding form!!!!! pore the paint over his paint work and fill his exhaust with the foam, teach this sh*t c*nts a real lesson!!!!!;)

Steptoe 17 July 2007 11:27 AM

Am i right in thinking you can get the scumbags details through the DVLA?
(under certain circumstances)

daves2rs 17 July 2007 11:29 AM

D.K.1 & fivetide, I understand your points but Im no mug and made my instructions very clear to them but they aint interested in some half ripped spoiler.

The scumbags just picked the wrong car especially after driving past my face and taking the mick. :nono:

wrx-kris 17 July 2007 11:35 AM

The summary vehicle description is supplied by the DVLA
reg number P616UJS
Make
SUBARU
Year of manufacture
Model
IMPREZA SPORT AWD
Engine size(CC)

i got the same too....

go grab a few mates and hunt them down IMO :D

L.J.F 17 July 2007 11:41 AM

you can get the registered owners address by doing a full H.P.I check, go to small car dealer ask about it. thats if you want to get payback on this scum!

bagpipes 17 July 2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 7115852)
you can get the registered owners address by doing a full H.P.I check, go to small car dealer ask about it. thats if you want to get payback on this scum!

Cant you do a HPI check your self thru your mobile phone? Cant remember the number but I sure someone hear will have it

daz_don1 17 July 2007 12:01 PM

thieving scum. got to say it m8 though it could have been a stupid move going to confront them hope they get whats comin to them.

bagpipes 17 July 2007 12:17 PM

Just got a heap of courier drivers keeping an eye out for this car when they are doing there deliveries in Aberdeen, hopefully one of them will spot it

fivetide 17 July 2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by daves2rs (Post 7115822)
D.K.1 & fivetide, I understand your points but Im no mug and made my instructions very clear to them but they aint interested in some half ripped spoiler.

The scumbags just picked the wrong car especially after driving past my face and taking the mick. :nono:

just make sure you are sneaky about it you can guarantee the cops will suddenly become efficient when it comes to you.

Maake sure you don't get seen either, don't want them back bricking your windows.

suggest a good bath of iron filings all over the car. Or write "Thieving Scum" in brake fluid on it one night!

5t.

rossyboy 17 July 2007 12:24 PM

Did it have a turbo bonnet or not? I saw a red sport with gold wheels that looked like a turbo, but without the bonnet down at the beach (I was just passing through, honest :D).

It was deffo a P plate and could be why it seems familiar.

bibo_boy 17 July 2007 12:28 PM

looks like these guys picked on the wrong people :)

Is there not a local "independant" radio station that can put some info on the car out?

D.K.1 17 July 2007 12:30 PM

Are you all aware of the police presence on this forum? Be careful what you post as if anything happens then you could not be liable :(

I do hope you get it sorted though :thumb:

wrx-kris 17 July 2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 7115931)
suggest a good bath of iron filings all over the car. Or write "Thieving Scum" in brake fluid on it one night!

5t.

just make a brake fluid bomb and chuck it at his car when you go past :)