ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Amir Khan wins yet again!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/621122-amir-khan-wins-yet-again.html)

Jam Performance 14 July 2007 10:02 PM

Amir Khan wins yet again!!!

Very well deserved...

sti-04!! 14 July 2007 10:04 PM

Good fight :thumb:

Jamie 14 July 2007 10:06 PM

Yup was a very good fight shame the jock got a broken nose :)

mike h 14 July 2007 10:10 PM

Was on the edge of my seat watching it, good fight.:thumb:

hutton_d 14 July 2007 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7110125)
Yup was a very good fight shame the jock got a broken nose :)

Apparently it was a broken jaw ... eek!

Dave

pippyrips 14 July 2007 10:30 PM

quality fight

Jamie 14 July 2007 10:41 PM

Skelton fight is good aswell :)

pslewis 14 July 2007 10:58 PM

Thought the Asian Lad was done for - but, no, he came back brilliantly - deserved win!!

His immediate family were up from their seats around the ring - all 500 of them ;) :lol1:

sti-04!! 14 July 2007 11:02 PM

Jaw broke ....... just confirmed.

Jamie 14 July 2007 11:02 PM

:( pete :)

+Doc+ 14 July 2007 11:40 PM

Damn good fight, think Hamed was hurt more than he is letting on.
Will be a good learning curve for him, he needs to keep that left guard up.

Maz 15 July 2007 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7110263)
Skelton fight is good aswell :)

Biggest load of shyte I ever saw err since Fraudley Harrison. At least Skelton was trying to make something of it in his one dimensional plodding sort of way. Sprott was absolutely dire, no wonder his trainer was embarrased into reading the riot act to him. It's hardly surprising the fans were chanting 'Bruno!'.

Turbohot 15 July 2007 05:39 PM

Does anyone know if this Amir Khan's fight in on the internet somewhere? I missed out to watch it. My son told me that it was a good fight. :)

VoteConservative! 15 July 2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 7111345)
Does anyone know if this Amir Khan's fight in on the internet somewhere? I missed out to watch it. My son told me that it was a good fight. :)

Would reckon youtube is your best bet

VoteConservative! 15 July 2007 05:43 PM

YouTube - Amir Khan vs Willie Limond

Turbohot 15 July 2007 05:52 PM

It gives a flavour, at least.

exvaux 15 July 2007 05:59 PM

was a good fight but willie aint a heavy puncher,if khan comes up against someone who can bang with that defence then he's gonna get his ass handed to him on a plate needs to keep the left hand up,he talks about alex arthur,john thaxton and kevin mitchell sorry but he's not in that league yet,yes he is young but juan diaz the best lightweight on the planet atm is only 23

Turbohot 15 July 2007 06:04 PM

^ I heard that from a professional ex-boxer as well. He said that Amir Khan is being cotton-wool-ed in order to make him a name, once he reaches that top standard. At the moment, he will have his @rse kicked, if he faces another more skilled and experienced boxer than himself.

VoteConservative! 15 July 2007 06:08 PM

Think Khan might be a bit of a tyson. Fight no one decent an get all the titles. Have the public fooled thinking that your the best. Then get takene to court by another boxer who knows hes better as khan wont fight him. Khan relinquishes belt. Then eventually khan will have to face him and will get knocked out. A bit like Tyson and Lewis :)

Maz 15 July 2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by VoteConservative! (Post 7111413)
Think Khan might be a bit of a tyson. Fight no one decent an get all the titles. Have the public fooled thinking that your the best. Then get takene to court by another boxer who knows hes better as khan wont fight him. Khan relinquishes belt. Then eventually khan will have to face him and will get knocked out. A bit like Tyson and Lewis :)

The flaw in your analogy is that Tyson at that stage was a spent force way past his best. The young Tyson the one that was undisputed champion at about twenty years old was untouchable.

VoteConservative! 15 July 2007 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 7111451)
The flaw in your analogy is that Tyson at that stage was a spent force way past his best. The young Tyson the one that was undisputed champion at about twenty years old was untouchable.

Untouchable to whom exactly? He didnt exactly fight any propper opponents. All the men he fought that were not afraid of him beat him. Everyone else he fought was scared. Even so arent holyfield and lewis older than tyson - surely they never fought him at their physical peak!

bonerp 15 July 2007 07:05 PM

am I the only one that can't wait to see Khan pummelled? Cocking **** that so far hasn't fought any worthy opponents. When he does, maybe he'll lose the smugness.

Abdabz 16 July 2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by bonerp (Post 7111570)
am I the only one that can't wait to see Khan pummelled? Cocking **** that so far hasn't fought any worthy opponents. When he does, maybe he'll lose the smugness.

I'm there too... Such hype for a kid who hasnt fought a boxer with limbs yet... Last weekends bout was the closest he has been to a challenge and a part of me was praying for the upset...
It worries me that he could be another Naseem Hamed - not because of the race thing (just in case) - but because of the easy fights - potentially sidetepping his way to all the belts - then picking as many more easy fights as can be got away with until the governing bodies start taking the belts back...
I didnt like the way FW picked him up at such an early age to make money off the back of his silver medal and national hype, nor the potential harm it could have done to amateur boxing (which only time will tell).

If he isnt careful, he'll be forced to come up against the next Barerra in a few years and get totally mashed... He's going to have to fight a few who are respectably higher up the boxing food chain soon to maintain credibility in the publics eye... We tire easily. :D