ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is This a Good Deal? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/618504-is-this-a-good-deal.html)

scoobyscootz 04 July 2007 03:03 PM

Is This a Good Deal?

I've agreed a deal on this car and have arranged to collect tomorrow.

Been told that it's a 2005 Spec C and was originally imported by Prodrive. It was never used and sat in storage for 2 years.

Was recently bought and registered and has since done less than 1k miles.

It looks a fair bit different to other 2005 cars I've seen (particularly the front).

I'm no Scooby expert so could do with some opinions...

http://www.ccmotors.autoweb1.co.uk/d...p?cdID=1276713

pippyrips 04 July 2007 03:15 PM

it certainly looks like a spec c. did you pay the asking price? Even if you did thats a good price imho and the car looks like it should

scoobyscootz 04 July 2007 03:17 PM

Yep... is this a bad thing?

bluenosewrx 04 July 2007 05:03 PM

It looks like one alright, everything is there.good price as well, i paid the same for a MY04(VIEW MY SCOOBY)Spec C LTD.looks lovely

There is a white one with the same miles and same spec for sale from Ireland on Pistonheads,?????mmmm

Mac

Tidgy 04 July 2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx (Post 7078641)
It looks like one alright, everything is there.good price as well, i paid the same for a MY04(VIEW MY SCOOBY)Spec C LTD.looks lovely

There is a white one with the same miles and same spec for sale from Ireland on Pistonheads,?????mmmm

Mac

looks similar but not the same, spoilers different

might be worth giving prodrive a ring and asking them if they imported it.

Tidgy 04 July 2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 7078684)
looks similar but not the same, spoilers different

might be worth giving prodrive a ring and asking them if they imported it.

also isn't the irish one the wrong shape to be an 07 reg? unless its the date of reg in the uk

scoobyscootz 04 July 2007 06:02 PM

I'm guessing he's managed to reg it as an 07 due to it having such low miles and having been previously unregistered / unused. This is something that I thought the dealer I've bought from should have done, but hey ho... at least it means it won't get hit by the 4x4 tax being a (on paper) older car!

I'm guessing Prodrive have recently sold a few of these unused cars.

scoobyscootz 04 July 2007 06:06 PM

I could also have got a WR Blue JDM STi at the same price with similar miles and similar reg, but in the facelift model with high level spoiler and roof vane.

Would this have been a better purchase, or is the un-facelifted Spec C with low spoiler and no roof vane still the one to go for?

Tidgy 04 July 2007 06:15 PM

facelift model?

scoobyscootz 04 July 2007 06:30 PM

Yeah, bog standard JDM STi (not a Spec C) in the MY06 facelift stle.

noobyscooby 04 July 2007 07:12 PM

If it has not been used for two years, you need to give it a full service and change ALL the fluids including brake. Ceck the exhaust and discs for corrosion, dry grease in wheel bearings, perished hoses, flat spotted tyres where its been standing and so on. DO NOT go out and give it a thrashing until you have. Lots of people think that buying a low mileage motor is a good thing. It's not and it is why Porker and Ferwawee owners, who don't use their cars in winter months, end up paying huge maintenance bills. Cars need to be used regularly to keep them in good order and I for one would rather see and buy a car clocking up 10K per annum that is well serviced than one clocking just1K!

juggers 04 July 2007 09:03 PM

Sat in storage for two years :wonder:

You can tell by looking at the intercooler it has done more then 1000 miles.If the car had only done 1000 genuine miles the intercooler would be in better nick then that.

scooby-tc 04 July 2007 09:14 PM

Looks a good car for the money although i do prefer the 05 WR Ltd heater dials (bit anal i know) but they compliment the console better than the ones fitted to this model,makes it look that tiny bit more up to date
Still a cracking buy nice one :thumb: