ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   ADVICE TO NEW MEMBER (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/617665-advice-to-new-member.html)

angry1 01 July 2007 07:55 AM

ADVICE TO NEW MEMBER

Hi i have just bought a 04 wrx (Blue of course) im after a dump valve and dont no what model mine:confused: is classed as i know what the bug eye is and its not that its the later 1.
p.s any advice on the dump valve will be appreciated.
thanks.

The rookie 01 July 2007 08:04 AM

Yours is the flange mounted type, so you either need an adaptor or go to Baileys or Forge and get the right one for the job, the early flange type have three holes in a line, your ater one has the vent hole offset.

A vent to atmosphere for the characteristic noise will make the car run less well and use more fuel if thats why you want one!

Simon

Paul3446 01 July 2007 08:05 AM

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on dump valves here before too long! :lol1:

RSB_tom 01 July 2007 08:06 AM

i think that u will have the one wif the post box scoop yes? anyway i dont know what stuff you have over in the ukim in NZ but if u can get your hands on a turbosmart vent/plumbback BOV(or dumpvalve) or a HKS SSQV then u will be set. good luck on the quest for power. and y do alot of you gyus believe in the gimmicky ecu chips nd increased fuel mods and turbonators(i think that that was just one messed up person) but still.

RSB_tom 01 July 2007 08:08 AM

you dont have to mount the BOV rite on the intercooler, iv seen plenty of them wif pipes coming off the intercooler and the BOV off to the side. just as effective and then u can fit whatever type you want

funkyspider 01 July 2007 08:12 AM

If you look at the engine bay from the front of the car you will see your existing standard dump valve on the front of the intercooler at the right hand side. It is held on by 2 bolts. If you want a replacement you just need one with the same triangular base with 2 bolt holes. Be careful when you remove the existing one as it has a thin gasket behind which may drop off and you need this for the replacement to ensure no boost leaks.

Any sold as being suitable for newage 01> is fine as they are all the same on newage.

Waste of money IMO, but if you want one then check the for sale forum on here as they often come up as ppl get sick of them.

Bug Eyed Peas 01 July 2007 08:13 AM

Yours will be a Version 8

Welcome To Snet BTW :luxhello:

Ant

girl-in-a-scoob 01 July 2007 08:16 AM

you have pm angry 1 with details of meets and etc in your area... welcome to York Scoob owning

Bug Eyed Peas 01 July 2007 08:24 AM

Thought you`d reel him in :Suspiciou

girl-in-a-scoob 01 July 2007 08:43 AM

Me? Im the welcoming committee .....

funkyspider 01 July 2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob (Post 7068761)
Me? Im the welcoming committee .....

Just how 'welcoming' are you :norty:

angry1 01 July 2007 08:55 AM

PM........ NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS? PRIVATE MEMBERSHIP OR SOMETHING? GIVE ME A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET USED TO THE ABBRIVIATIONS :wonder:
HOW DO I SET THIS UP ?
THANKS

pippyrips 01 July 2007 08:59 AM

private message - look in the top right corner

Bug Eyed Peas 01 July 2007 09:01 AM

A the top right of your screen you will see Private Messages in blue type. Just click on in and it opens up a new window with your PM (Private Message) in.

HTH

Ant

girl-in-a-scoob 01 July 2007 09:04 AM

Hi there. All sorted. Got your reply. Hopefully see you at one of the meets soon