ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Show 'n' Shine / Car of the meet at the Lodge (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/617216-show-n-shine-car-of-the-meet-at-the-lodge.html)

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 11:57 AM

Show 'n' Shine / Car of the meet at the Lodge

Right as those that have viewed the Lodge thread will know I'm starting a "Car of the Meet" at every Lodge meet. This is just a little bit of fun that will encourage everyone to get their car looking it's best.

What I propose is that each car will be marked out of 10 on the following:
  • How clean the outside of the car is (glass, trim, exhaust etc)
  • How clean the inside of the car is (finish to plastics, any leather, carpets etc)
  • Finish to the paintwork (lack of swirling, depth to the colour etc, beading if it's raining. Don't worry I won't be pouring water over your car)
  • Modifications / Oringinality
  • Overall appearance of the car
There will be 3 judges, Myself, Bibo Boy and Bri4n. In the event that a judge cannot make the event then a stand in will be chosen by the other 2
Judges cars are not allowed to be entered but all other cars are eligible and do not have to be specifically entered.

Voting will start at 8pm sharp in the summer months and a little earlier in the winter. Rain will not stop play ;)

The scores will then be gathered and added up and a total given out of 150.

A certificate will then be placed on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place cars. The winning car will then receive and small feature in the news letter to be handed out at the next posers cruise. 2nd and 3rd will receive a mention.

The winning car will then not be eligible for the following months "Car of the meet". This will allow other cars to win. We all know that there are some very keen car detailers within the ESC so I feel that this way it will give others a chance.

As a member of Pistonheads I have been asked / volunteered to introduce ESC members to the the Pistonheaders that share the Lodge for our meets. I think that the car of the meet will be a great way to bridge the gap and include new members. I know we are a Subaru club but at the end of the day we are into our cars as well. The ESC is becoming more of a place for friends no matter what car you drive. So what better way that a bit of fin and friendly competition.

frayz 29 June 2007 03:25 PM

Cool idea mate..

Good luck with it.. i too will help out where i can :D

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 03:44 PM

cheers Frayz

I bought some nice new zymol stuff yesterday :D i guess as the guy who come up with the idea, my ar should be seen to be bufty lol.

frayz 29 June 2007 03:53 PM

lol... i tried Zymol titanium @ £165 a pot.

Hated the stuff ha ha.

At the mo id justr like to wash it, let alone polish it lol :D

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 04:03 PM

£165 a pot! at least it wasn't vintage!

just got a creame starter kit for £52.50 and a glasur starter kit for £74.50. hope i like it lol. zdouk have a 50% sale on at the moment.

eta - won't be long now mate. all good things and that :thumb:

Tiny 29 June 2007 04:32 PM

Nice one Matt

I Personally think KevD's Classic will take some beating , His wheels are :notworthy But if there is any sign of rain it will be left @ home :lol1: :lol1:

Great work mate :thumb: Best of luck with it :luxhello:

frayz 29 June 2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 7063750)
Nice one Matt

I Personally think KevD's Classic will take some beating , His wheels are :notworthy But if there is any sign of rain it will be left @ home :lol1: :lol1:

Great work mate :thumb: Best of luck with it :luxhello:

LOl.. i agree Kevs is a clean one.. but it dont ever go anywhere :D

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 04:40 PM

Cheers Tiny. I'm sure yours will be a big contender too. one of the best cars in the esc imo. :thumb:

Going to be aiming to get mine up to the standard of Frayz, Kev D and 53 WRX. I've got a long way to go yet though. anyone fancy a bufty sesssion tomorrow? We can always play RC's while the wax cures ;)

frayz 29 June 2007 04:44 PM

Matt, little tip.

Try spit shining your wax.

Basically add your layer of wax, then spitshine with distilled water and re-apply your wax over the top. This builds layers and will allow you to add another layer of wax without removing the first layer.

To spit shine, just use a small pump spray bottle of distilled/filtered water.

You also wont have to wait long to let your wax cure :thumb:

Tiny 29 June 2007 04:49 PM

Matt

Another little tip / Advice that i know that " Muddy " Used to apply

He would allow more points for an older car than a newer one before even looking @ a car

As a 94 MY Car would not be in as great condition as a 07 MY Car generally ( Stone chips / Condition etc ... )

Muddy show & Shine judging forms were a work of art :thumb:

Tiny ...

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 04:49 PM

Cheers Frayz. :thumb: Have loads of distilled water at home and the sprayer that i used to put my graphics on with. :D

V4JDMSTi 29 June 2007 04:51 PM

Cheers Tiny. Yup age will be taken into account. Will be covered in the Condition of the paint and the mods / originality sections :thumb:

SirFozzalot 29 June 2007 05:46 PM

:cool: Nice idea! :thumb:

Cornelius 29 June 2007 06:17 PM

Would this include a certain VW Golf GTi?;):D

WRX_Dazza 29 June 2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 7063750)
Nice one Matt

I Personally think KevD's Classic will take some beating

If he can actually bring himself to take it out of its comfy state of hibernation lol :)

BeeSTi 29 June 2007 09:03 PM

What a great idea mneame :thumb:

I don`t think we have meet yet mate, what do you like to drink :norty: :lol1:

Darren

bibo_boy 29 June 2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7063791)
Matt, little tip.

Try spit shining your wax.

Basically add your layer of wax, then spitshine with distilled water and re-apply your wax over the top. This builds layers and will allow you to add another layer of wax without removing the first layer.

To spit shine, just use a small pump spray bottle of distilled/filtered water.

You also wont have to wait long to let your wax cure :thumb:

OMG :eek: all this talk of spit and polish reminds be....... must get the bees wax out and "Bull" my boots

bibo_boy 29 June 2007 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by BeeSTi (Post 7064583)

Darren

HEY! :razz: I'm a judge too!!!!! (i'll have a Babysham)

BeeSTi 29 June 2007 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by bibo_boy (Post 7064633)
HEY! :razz: I'm a judge too!!!!! (i'll have a Babysham)

Funny, I Had you down as a Chinzarno and lemonade man. ;)

I think I have Brian All wrapped up (snowball for him I think) :lol1: :lol1:

BRI4N 30 June 2007 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by BeeSTi (Post 7064666)
I think I have Brian All wrapped up (snowball for him I think) :lol1: :lol1:

:hjtwofing

V4JDMSTi 30 June 2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by BeeSTi (Post 7064583)

Darren

:lol1: just a coke for me when i'm driving. lol. been off the beer for a while so a bit of a lightweight now. :brickwall

BeeSTi 30 June 2007 11:30 AM

Sounds like that Trophy's in the bag then :lol:

customdanioc 01 July 2007 06:54 PM

best get me " max wax" out then lmfao

great idea to Exclude the winnin` car from the followin` comp`

takes away the " same ole same ole " scenario.......:luxhello:

if cornelius is entering the morphy richards iron,i mean vw golf :) i may have to buff the ashtray diesel up ! hmmm every panel is a different shade of pink !

V4JDMSTi 02 July 2007 09:58 AM

lol.

could be a winner in the rat look section ;)