ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Thick bikers at Donington (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/615911-thick-bikers-at-donington.html)

Paul3446 24 June 2007 02:11 PM

Thick bikers at Donington

Why do the mindless idiots at Donington invade the track after the MotoGP race every year? I'm amazed Donington are still allowed to host it to be honest.

You could see them in the background on the slow down lap kicking down advertising hoardings to get on to the track.

It's not like it is a spontaneous track invasion either, the race this year was dull as anything and there wasn't even a British rider in it as far as I know.

If anyone on here was there and invaded the track, could you please explain to me why you're such a moron. :mad:

Regards,

Paul.

AudiLover 24 June 2007 02:24 PM

lol will be eagerly awaiting replies to this :lol1:

Leslie 25 June 2007 11:53 AM

Regadless of all that nonsense, it was still an entertaining race to watch even if the Brits did not feature. Some excellent riding under difficult conditions.

We have always got Lewis Hamilton though-:)

Les

kbsub 25 June 2007 11:57 AM

Moto GP is great to watch every season .. not just when a talented young British driver comes along

SJ_Skyline 25 June 2007 11:57 AM

John Hopkins has British Parents... I think that's about as close as it gets though :)

Bald Speed Racing 25 June 2007 02:06 PM

Dont forget Colin Edwards has got A LOT of british fans still so most peeps were wanting to see him I guess. Was a bit silly yeh as there was still a 125 race still be ran but not all bikers are morans as ive seen uit many a time with other car races

bonerp 25 June 2007 02:34 PM

ever been to cataluna? Its just the same - the riders love it cos its giving back to the fans, the fans love it to jump on their heros and nick chunks of carbon fibre!

I don't see it as a problem. The riders aren't stupid enough to ride fast through them.

By the way its not something I'd do, but can't see the problem.

I think its a shame fans at most circuits can't get on the track to celebrate the presentations on the rostrum! Some circuits you can't even see the rostruM!!

Paul3446 25 June 2007 04:16 PM

That sums it up really, it's a motor race for God's sake, you do not have a divine right to be on the track, you have no right to be there in fact.

There are signs everywhere prohibiting it, Donington plead with fans every year not to do it. Years ago they even banned the slow down lap and made the riders pull into the pit lane, so all the genuine fans missed out on applauding their heroes home.

Apart from that, fans are denied seeing wheelies and stoppies and all the other things that go on at other GPs because the riders have to crawl round at snails pace.

Who says the riders love it? They probably ride round muttering about the morons smacking them on the back like they're long lost best mates. :Whatever_

Neanderthal 25 June 2007 04:23 PM

So if Rossi had won, with an 'invasion' like that there'd be no way he'd have stopped to do one of his traditional celebrations :(

What was very disappointing was the amount of clothes Suzy Perry had on! ;)

Paul3446 25 June 2007 04:24 PM

Quote:
I don't see it as a problem. The riders aren't stupid enough to ride fast through them.

Really? See this from a discussion from 2003 after a Ducati had to take to the grass at Craner Curves to avoid the spectators:
----------------------------------------
"The grass tracking Ducati was Troy Bayliss, and he spun the bike around right in front of us ( and no we were not part of the Wan@@rs who invaded the track), how he kept upright, and missed people is beyond me. I can't believe people were running all over the track with those bikes comming down Craner Curve. There were people with push chairs for Fu@ks sake. And I totally agree with who ever said about the football hooligan part. These people have no real interest in racing and just want to join the Rossi band wagon."

Paul3446 25 June 2007 04:39 PM

Some more forum quotes, this time from the 2006 track invasion:

holy crap, the riders looked freaked out, all cross-countrying on the grass trying to get thru the throngs

one bad thing about the track invasion was that everyone brought dirt and grass onto the racetrack before the 125 race, and I gotta be honest, that sucked. Still, seeing all the drunk English in their natural hooligan state was an eye opener.

The 125 race was lucky that it didn't also have to deal with the remains of my body parts after the best near death experience I think I'll ever have…
'Hooligan state', accurate comparison....it felt great whacking a Pedrosa fan out with my knuckle duster!
Track Invader

bonerp 25 June 2007 07:35 PM

so for the riders, its ok abroad but not here then eh?:nono:

you got an issue with this haven't you haha!!:Whatever_

Its like when your football team manage promotion after a struggle all of the game (and we aint all hooligans) - ok donny was a tad dull, but you know what i'm saying

AndiThompson 25 June 2007 07:45 PM

You seem to point this at bikers, a few years ago it was exactly the same after car GPs, only difference is the security at F1 events is higher.

CrisPDuk 26 June 2007 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 7051466)
What was very disappointing was the amount of clothes Suzy Perry had on! ;)

You should be grateful for the fact that you get to see her at all;)

Here in Sunny Thailand we have some Aussie w@nker who makes Jim Rosenthal look good hosting the coverage, not good:(

r32 26 June 2007 07:07 AM

How do you know those people came on a bike? They might be thick drivers...

bonerp 26 June 2007 09:40 AM

......that get changed into leathers in their car - seen that before too! tossers

r32 26 June 2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bonerp (Post 7053333)
......that get changed into leathers in their car - seen that before too! tossers

I've seen that too .......

They opened the track side gate on the exit of Goddards to let spectators on to the track for the podium celebration.