ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   anyone watch traffic cops on thurs (9pm bbc1) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/615200-anyone-watch-traffic-cops-on-thurs-9pm-bbc1.html)

finnigan5823 21 June 2007 01:14 AM

anyone watch traffic cops on thurs (9pm bbc1)

F me how harsh wer the traffic cops 3 points and £60 fine for parking near a crossing,and then a bloke charged for drink driving even tho they never seen him driving (public tip off) WTF all that about:confused:

DevilHimSelf 21 June 2007 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by finnigan5823 (Post 7040094)
F me how harsh wer the traffic cops 3 points and £60 fine for parking near a crossing,and then a bloke charged for drink driving even tho they never seen him driving (public tip off) WTF all that about:confused:

Just deserts!

The Rig 21 June 2007 06:08 AM

yeah,an old one that was.

the copper who gave the ticket for the lady on a crossing was a cock,thats what gives cops a bad name,no need,a telling off/lecture for 10 mins and a harsh word would of been enough,wasnt like it was 1pm and a bussling pedestrian time was it.

The rookie 21 June 2007 06:25 AM

The guy drink driving deserved all he got, its just not acceptable, if there is sufficient evidence than so be it!
The other case was a bit harsh, although the attitude of the driver didn't help I didn't think!

Simon

blueangel 21 June 2007 06:32 AM

The TCops were watching......

Bravo2zero_sps 21 June 2007 09:17 AM

Seen that one before and that stupid bint deserved 3 points for parking like that, shouldn't even have had a licence as she couldn't even reverse the bloody car let alone for parking about 4 foot from the kerb while on a pedestrian crossing :rolleyes: As for her fat gobby b!tch of a mate she deserved locking up to protect the public from encountering such a monstrosity.

stilover 21 June 2007 09:32 AM

I thought the copper who gave that ticket to the young lass was a complete C*nt.
She'd just past her test and was probably paying through the teeth for her car insurance. 3 points will add to her premium, as she's so young.

Why couldn't he have just given her a ticking off, and moved her on?

That's what makes coppers such w*nkers. :mad:

Abdabz 21 June 2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 7040387)
Seen that one before and that stupid bint deserved 3 points for parking like that, shouldn't even have had a licence as she couldn't even reverse the bloody car let alone for parking about 4 foot from the kerb while on a pedestrian crossing :rolleyes: As for her fat gobby b!tch of a mate she deserved locking up to protect the public from encountering such a monstrosity.

/\ Ditto /\ :thumb:

wrx-kris 21 June 2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7040433)

cant agree enough :thumb:

The Trooper 1815 21 June 2007 10:21 AM

But if your ......... (insert relative here) had been knocked down because the drives view was obscured by her parked car then what would you say!!!!!!

DCI Gene Hunt 21 June 2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 7040626)
But if your ......... (insert relative here) had been knocked down because the drives view was obscured by her parked car then what would you say!!!!!!

But then what if said parked car blocked a rapists escape and he was caught.... what would you say ;)

Abdabz 21 June 2007 10:50 AM

And what if the rapists friend once appeared in the audience of Deal Or No Deal?

oobster 21 June 2007 10:53 AM

Aye the 3 points for parking on the crossing was OTT but I was more annoyed at the guy driving the Transit who apparently had "everything" in his system but the crown offered no evidence & he got away with it.

The Trooper 1815 21 June 2007 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7040637)
But then what if said parked car blocked a rapists escape and he was caught.... what would you say ;)

:brickwall You having hoops for Tea:cuckoo:

marmski 21 June 2007 12:16 PM

I thought it was a good program... if only there were more of them around.

I did think that the points for the ZigZag parking was also harsh, but as soon as her sisters started gobbing off i lost my sympathy... just a shame they didnt get banged up for a night for breach of the peace aswell.

Also went a long way in showing just how bad drugs are on our roads.... really hope more coppers get the drug training they demonstrated because the sooner we have a zero tolerence on driving with drink/drugs the better.

m1cks 21 June 2007 01:14 PM

I thought the copper who gave that ticket to the young lass was a complete C*nt.
She'd just past her test and was probably paying through the teeth for her car insurance. 3 points will add to her premium, as she's so young.

Disagree. Like the copper said, she's recently passed her test and should know about parking there as she would have done her theory. If she can't remember something so simple after a few months, she should't be driving.
And I'd have locked up the fat mate for being abusive.

andypugh2000 21 June 2007 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by oobster (Post 7040743)
Aye the 3 points for parking on the crossing was OTT but I was more annoyed at the guy driving the Transit who apparently had "everything" in his system but the crown offered no evidence & he got away with it.

They offered no evidence because they had a drink driving charge on him a week later, much easier to convict on that one as he had previous form, and he got banned for 4 years too....

stilover 21 June 2007 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by m1cks (Post 7041216)
Disagree. Like the copper said, she's recently passed her test and should know about parking there as she would have done her theory. If she can't remember something so simple after a few months, she should't be driving.
And I'd have locked up the fat mate for being abusive.

Haven't we all parked somewhere we shouldn't have at least once?

She was probably made to park there by her sister and her fat mate.

I'd have locked up the gobby sister and fat friend though. Thought it was funny that the fat lass couldn't wait 5 minutes for the ticket to be wrote out before she started stuffing her face full of chips.

New_scooby_04 21 June 2007 01:26 PM

Quote Chris Rock.

If you're in the car with friends and you get stopped by the police, tell them to do one thing:

"Shut the f**k up"!!

Sound advice!

Full guidance provided here:

YouTube - Chris Rock- How Not To Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police ;) :D

Ns04

m1cks 21 June 2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7041237)
Haven't we all parked somewhere we shouldn't have at least once?

She was probably made to park there by her sister and her fat mate.

But when the copper got her to reverse into the side road it was less than 10 metres away. If the fat lazy passengers could have walked that far in the first place!

Was he not the same officer who dealt with the kids on the bank who were smoking and drinking? Seemed quite a reasonable bloke.

pwhittle 21 June 2007 01:47 PM

She will have been fully aware of the Highway code then, being a new driver. She'd also know 6 points = ban.
If her gooby mate had shut up she may have got away, but either way it was her choice to park stupidly.

speedking 21 June 2007 01:50 PM

I disagree.

Originally Posted by marmski (Post 7041029)
Also went a long way in showing just how bad drugs are on our roads.... really hope more coppers get the drug training they demonstrated because the sooner we have a zero tolerence on driving with drink/drugs the better.

I disagree.

They had a "ring of steel". That included £50k drugs analysis machine(s). TV crews in attendance looking for a scoop. On a weekend evening when probably more of that sort of offence is committed.

How many people were nicked for drugs offences? As they didn't show any, one has to assume that it was a big fat ZERO.

Now balance against that the cost of the operation, the inconvenience to all the innocent motorists stopped and delayed, the lack of resources elsewhere to respond to burglaries etc.

Is it worth it? I don't think so on that evidence.

Snazy 21 June 2007 01:51 PM

lol its the law, dont want points, dont do it :D

Deano22uk 24 June 2007 05:48 PM

Copper was right

I agree with the previous thread that if you commit the offence prepare to receive the necessary penalty. The copper was very calm in the face of abuse from the horrible women and was very lenient with them. That copper I'm sure attends plenty of collisions where innocent people have been injured, or killed and probably feels that if someone does something that is potentially dangerous, then they should be punished accordingly. It's common sense not to park too close to a pedestrian crossing!!

NotoriousREV 24 June 2007 06:49 PM

The bit that got me was when they were analysing the drink that the bloke who'd been shopped for drink driving by a member of the public claimed to have been necking. The copper says to the camera "he'll have to prove he drank that". Er, no sunshine, you'll have to prove he didn't seeing as it's "innocent until proven guilty".

At the end of the program, they said he was still awaiting trial. Now, fair do's, the bloke was totally in the wrong (if he was drinking and driving) but if they could get any part of that to stick in court, I'd be amazed.

_Meridian_ 24 June 2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7049190)
Er, no sunshine, you'll have to prove he didn't seeing as it's "innocent until proven guilty".

At the end of the program, they said he was still awaiting trial. Now, fair do's, the bloke was totally in the wrong (if he was drinking and driving) but if they could get any part of that to stick in court, I'd be amazed.

Except that as soon as he blows a positive breath test on a certified machine (the one at the nick in this case) the offense of drink-driving is proved. From that moment on it is the Defence's job to prove him innocent, and not vice-versa. In this case, it means the Defence must show that at the time he was driving, he was under the limit, and that he is only over the limit now because of the stuff he drank at home. As stated in the programme, this is the so-called "Hip-Flask defence". It's not going to work here because the man was only in the house twenty minutes, so even if he had drunk that much, it woldn't have had any effect yet.

The copper was a bit previous as he hadn't been breath-tested at that point, but I would imagine he'd seen enough p*ssed people in his career to anticipate the Intoximeter results.

M

NotoriousREV 24 June 2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 7049296)
Except that as soon as he blows a positive breath test on a certified machine (the one at the nick in this case) the offense of drink-driving is proved.

Hardly. In this case only drinking has been proved, not driving and not driving while under the influence of drink, either.

whfcone 24 June 2007 07:56 PM

The Tcops need to take a few lessons on how to deal with naive people espicilly woman who are sometimes :cuckoo: as for D/Ds lock em all up and take away their D/Ls for good :thumb:

_Meridian_ 24 June 2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7049327)
Hardly. In this case only drinking has been proved, not driving and not driving while under the influence of drink, either.

Which is probably why the court case is dragging on: he's denying driving and it's down to the witnesses. Once put in the car, then the offence is complete.

M

AndiThompson 24 June 2007 10:58 PM

The daft bint deserved the points, she'd only just passed her test, part of which is a test on the highway code, which specifically tells you you musn't park on a crossing, so she must have known she was wrong.

It's the same as speeding. I don't agree with a lot of speed limits, I don't agree with speed cameras, and I don't believe in the governments crusade against speeders, however, you can't whinge if you get caught. You knew it was illegal, you knew the penalty, and you chose to do it.