ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Taking The Michael - Police (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/615178-taking-the-michael-police.html)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 20 June 2007 10:45 PM

Taking The Michael - Police

2 plod squad cars going down the Whitechapel Road tonight. At the head of the lights side by side creaping forward & on light change they both shoot off. The "winner" gives a hand-signal to the other :rolleyes:

Both doing slightly more than 30 and weaving in/out traffic for the next couple of miles.

It happens that I get alongside at some traffic lights to one so the other whacks it's blues on and goes outside the traffic light (wrong side road) and gets ahead of both of us but then stops 100 yds up at next lights. They were just ar$ing about not doing "police business" :rolleyes:

I pull up next to them.

But what would you do?

hectic 20 June 2007 10:51 PM

let the Cheif inspector know there registration numbers , via 'crimestoppers ' as a concerned citizen ?

wrx-kris 20 June 2007 10:54 PM

i was sat in kfc car park the other day when a van blue and sirens on came through at least 3 sets of lights i could see.
drove over a few high speed bumps at 40mph (on the retail park drive way)
copper jumps out, runs in and comes out laughing with 2 wicked zinger box meals!!!!

i thought it was being robbed or something!

fatherpierre 20 June 2007 10:58 PM

I've only ever done that when my kebab order has been confirmed as cooked and I'm more than half a mile away.

The pitta goes soggy otherwise

sti-04!! 20 June 2007 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre (Post 7039806)
I've only ever done that when my kebab order has been confirmed as cooked and I'm more than half a mile away.

The pitta goes soggy otherwise

Any tips for ordering Mandarin & getting there before it gets cold ?? ;)

Jerome 21 June 2007 12:07 AM

I was walking back from the pub the other night and I saw 5 different police vehicles slam on the brakes for a speed camera, then noticably speed up again. OK, it was near midnight, but not exactly a good example.

In your example Puff, it is possible that the shout that they were on was cancelled whilst they travelled between the lights, however, I doubt it. Having said that, if I was a copper, I'd have plenty of fun putting the blues and twos on between donought shops. ;)

fatherpierre 21 June 2007 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jerome (Post 7040030)
I was walking back from the pub the other night and I saw 5 different police vehicles slam on the brakes for a speed camera, then noticably speed up again. OK, it was near midnight, but not exactly a good example.

In your example Puff, it is possible that the shout that they were on was cancelled whilst they travelled between the lights, however, I doubt it. Having said that, if I was a copper, I'd have plenty of fun putting the blues and twos on between donought shops. ;)

The piss is rarely taken with blue lights, cameras etc.

I get NIPS all the time from being at work and have to justify why I was doing *** in a 60, and jumping red lights - despite the picture showing lights on from their cameras.

You can't do anything as there are black boxes in the cars that show everything you're doing, and can be downloaded in seconds. Big brother even watches the police.

Abdabz 21 June 2007 08:24 AM

Abusing police "powers" should be a sackable offence, be it speeding with blues and twos when there's no call out, be it beating up tramps, be it parking in disabled bays or being fat.

fast bloke 21 June 2007 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 7040258)
Abusing police "powers" should be a sackable offence, be it speeding with blues and twos when there's no call out, be it beating up tramps, be it parking in disabled bays or being fat.

you missed ginger

DCI Gene Hunt 21 June 2007 08:32 AM

Cool :cool: .......... arm them, then they could see who's the best shot from a moving car as well....... one way of getting gansta rappers off our streets :D