ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England under 21's (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/615134-england-under-21s.html)

richiewong 20 June 2007 08:16 PM

England under 21's

Now thats what I call true class and team spirit, also what a penalty shoot out.:eek:

Pity the Waterman had top constantly cheat by coming off his line:nono:

Proper grit shown by Taylor:notworthy

myblackwrx 20 June 2007 08:20 PM

Well the ref thought it was alright so it must have been, the w**ker:nono:

richiewong 20 June 2007 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7039161)
Well the ref thought it was alright so it must have been, the w**ker:nono:

Been said many time before and a bit cliched but yes the ref was a w@nker.:freak3:

Great performance by the team though.

myblackwrx 20 June 2007 10:38 PM

yes it was a good performance showed proper determination unlike the main squad (imo).
Great goal by the dutch though.

STi wanna Subaru 21 June 2007 09:02 AM

I thought it was excellent experience for the England players. Should stand them in good stead for the future. England take the lead 1-0 then defend it for the whole second half before conceding a goal just before full time. Before going on to lose on a penalty shoot out. Text book

All that 'grit' means nothing if you lose. Typical English response. Happier losing than winning. Why does every England team at any level **** themselves when they take the lead and then become incapable of still trying to play football.

while England try play and 'honest' game we'll never do anything at International level as all the other teams are far too cute for us.

davegtt 21 June 2007 09:32 AM

I cant understand all the rubbish about scoring a goal and defending it. If you were good enough to get the first keep on trying and get a second. ridiculous.

STi wanna Subaru 21 June 2007 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7040435)
I cant understand all the rubbish about scoring a goal and defending it. If you were good enough to get the first keep on trying and get a second. ridiculous.

It's all in the head. We breed losers in this country. All this it's not the winning it's the taking part bollox coupled with the media and public desire to knock anybody who has a degree of success in ensures that for anybody to succeed it is against the system and not because of it.

richiewong 21 June 2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7040471)
It's all in the head. We breed losers in this country. All this it's not the winning it's the taking part bollox coupled with the media and public desire to knock anybody who has a degree of success in ensures that for anybody to succeed it is against the system and not because of it.

You're not wrong, instead of going for the win England tend to sit back.
This applies to just about every sport:rolleyes:

Need a killer edge and if it includes stretching the rules a little even better, it'll bring us up to date with rest of the world.

davegtt 21 June 2007 10:22 AM

I honestly think if England played football like the teams do in the Premiership then we'd probably be the best in the world. I really hate the mentality England have when it comes to football, who do we blame for it though and how do we change it?

STi wanna Subaru 21 June 2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7040629)
I honestly think if England played football like the teams do in the Premiership then we'd probably be the best in the world. I really hate the mentality England have when it comes to football, who do we blame for it though and how do we change it?

comes from grass roots all the way up. you don't see it as much at club level due to the foreign influence. We don't teach kids to be ruthless about winning. The best even when on top will never drop their level and continue to punish an opponent so then win. In this country we teach people that to do that is being a bad sport.

davegtt 21 June 2007 11:15 AM

:lol1: being a bad sport, I suppose your right but at the end of the day the 11 players on the pitch should want to win the most convincingly as possible, I dont understand where the mentality comes from especially when your playing at the highest level. Even when we was winning 9-0 at 5 a side last night it was still important to me to push on, keep a clean sheet and score as many goals as possible. Fek how dejected the other team feels. Winning is what counts at everything.

richiewong 21 June 2007 11:20 AM

National teams should employ sports psychologists to get them mentally prepared to win and enjoy it.