ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fifth Gear Review - GT3-RS (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/614629-fifth-gear-review-gt3-rs.html)

skoobidude 18 June 2007 09:25 PM

Fifth Gear Review - GT3-RS

Watched Fifth Gear tonight - generally flicking channels back and forth awaiting for something "car" related ;)
What a waste of time that was! Just to watch Tiff compare it with a Cup version doing a couple of laps of a circuit.
Can't they back up a second before going mad! I want to look inside the car before watching it go around a track and perhaps a little road driving just to show us how uncompromising they are. We could do with a bit more foreplay here I think!
So glad there are still magazines out there concentrating on a little more than this..
I entered the competition to win the Evo 6 Mak though :)

Nick

Maz 18 June 2007 09:30 PM

Them number comps are scam ya know!

Luminous 18 June 2007 09:47 PM

Omg, I cannot believe people still enter those competitions. They make so much money from that sort of tat, and the time they take selling the competition to us, was the time they could have been showing you the interior :p

If only nobody entered those competitions. :)

r32 19 June 2007 07:03 AM

Fifth gear is pants, I record it and fast fwd through the crap, generally watch it in about 15 minutes, as jason is worth watching, but last night even he was pants ..............

The Chief 19 June 2007 08:30 AM

I only saw the last 15 minutes - take it i did not miss much then?

monkeysan 19 June 2007 08:34 AM

i only watch it for VBH ;)

n one 19 June 2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by monkeysan (Post 7033733)
i only watch it for VBH ;)

Dog :D

I flicked between channels too just waiting for Tiff and likewise was dissapointed with the few minuites of the Porsche. The rest of the show is utter shiŁe. `specially VBH and that fat curly haired gimp.

I promise never to watch Fifth Gear again. Ever :)

monkeysan 19 June 2007 09:20 AM

it was always a good balance.

top gear did the comedy/challenges/stig and 5th gear were the sensible show, but now they are trying to be more like TG

"lets get this gimpy student type to drive a Ferrari to Italy to deliver a Ł5 asda cake" :rolleyes:

and Jason Plato (who i detest) dressing up like an old man just so he can get "in character" to drive a Jaguar? one word there - KNOB

Matteeboy 19 June 2007 09:34 AM

I'll watch anything with cars in it!

Jason Plato does deserve a mighty slap though.

Dracoro 19 June 2007 09:53 AM

Had to laugh at the 3 wheeler racing. Not good round corners these things are they! :D :D

oobster 19 June 2007 10:19 AM

Agree with most of the above - Jason's review of the Jag was dire, the thing with Tiff & the beautiful GT3 RS wasn't up to much either, but had a good laugh at the 3 wheelers bit. The part were he rolled it and all the camera gear came flying out was great

I always Sky+ it and FFWD thru all the dross.

stilover 19 June 2007 10:37 AM

Yeah, I thought the 3 wheeler bit was very funny. I opposite of what I thought it was going to be when it started.

Plato's review of the Jag was pretty good I thought. Said & dressed exactly what the XJ is. Old fashioned and not sporty at all.

Tiff's review of the GT3 was Cr@p. He is totally wasted on that show. TG should poach him back and have him doing the Stig stuff as well as other stuff.

Must admit, I quite like the reviews Tom Ford does. Best presenter of the all on 5th Gear.