ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   subaru ecu monitor (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/614290-subaru-ecu-monitor.html)

jbabrh 17 June 2007 04:24 PM

subaru ecu monitor

hi as anyone installed the subaru ecu monitor Subaru ECU Monitor
theres not much availible for my98 diagnosis and this looks very easy to install and looks to me like fc commander but without a new ecu?

StickyMicky 17 June 2007 04:31 PM

yes i have ran one for 4 years, it has saved me countless times with fault finding and no doubt saved my engine a few times alonmg the way :)

jbabrh 17 June 2007 04:49 PM

thanks mate what was the price and did you install your self cheers rich.

swifty74 17 June 2007 06:00 PM

will it work on a sti v4 import ?
& does it plus in the ecu or obd2 port ?

jbabrh 17 June 2007 06:44 PM

think its wired in to the select monitor wires with either scotch locks or spliced into the connector itself. just waiting for a reply from the website on price.

scoobynewbie72 17 June 2007 06:47 PM

do these work on other classics? I have a 95 JDM and wondered if I could install one.

jbabrh 17 June 2007 06:56 PM

looks like it works on pre and post 97/98 classics have a look on the link in previous thread and click on the install tab::)

StickyMicky 18 June 2007 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jbabrh (Post 7029265)
thanks mate what was the price and did you install your self cheers rich.

umm i bought the kit direct from andrew carr, paid for a box to mount it etc etc and then wired it up myself :D

not sure if he provides the parts any more, no ide what i paid as it was years ago :D

still going strong :D although i never managed to get the pre point shift light to work for some reason (probably wired it up wrong)

jbabrh 18 June 2007 12:50 PM

hi been trying to get hold of him but not answering emails:cry: anyone know of anything similar for the 98uk or anyone have onethey want to sell;)

bruce 18 June 2007 01:30 PM

I have one built up, I took it out of my MY97WRX when I put a PowerFC in. It will need putting into a decent box though. PM me an offer if your interested.

Thanks.

jbabrh 18 June 2007 03:26 PM

hi thanks for the reply what size are these things are they din like stereo size if so where did you have yours fitted? deffinately interested how much and are they just four wires to connect up and i take it you have the manual cheers rich.

bruce 18 June 2007 03:35 PM

I removed the dash ash tray and made a plate up for it. I'll take some pics of my setup when I get home. The manual was on the website from what I can remember. YOu have to give it a ground, +12v and a tx/rx from the diagnostics plug under the drivers dash.

jbabrh 18 June 2007 05:07 PM

cheers again i have read that you dont need the obd2 socket so the subaru select monitor port must be on all classics, which i understand is where it connects into (i hope) somewhere under there too. i dont have the obd2 thats why im limited to this rather than some of the others on the market that connect directly into the obd2 plug under the steering wheel? what do you think of monitor? i have also thought of power fc and commander but i dont relly want to tune it at all, i live in jersey and there's no where to make use of the power it has already let alone any more and there are no mappers here anyway niether any top techs! ill wait to here from you later cheers rich.