ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Tunnel Run video from last saturday, enjoy!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/613509-tunnel-run-video-from-last-saturday-enjoy.html)

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 08:01 AM

Tunnel Run video from last saturday, enjoy!!

This was the japgirls tunnel run which i took part in last week...

YouTube - Japgirls Tunnel Run

Slowboy Racing 14 June 2007 08:07 AM

It was a good night :D

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 08:11 AM

yeh apart from nearly blowing my engine with heatsoak it was very good....lol

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 08:13 AM

i think u had one of the quickest cars on the night isnt it? i was parked just behind u in ace cafe...

New_scooby_04 14 June 2007 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by K18LLR (Post 7019138)
This was the japgirls tunnel run which i took part in last week...

YouTube - Japgirls Tunnel Run

Suggest you look up what two unbroken white lines on the road means before posting any further videos! :lol1:

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 08:17 AM

must have forgotten my highway code :norty:

cster 14 June 2007 08:18 AM

In a word- MEGA BRILLIANT !!!
Nice to see you chose a time when other road users can see wot owning a scooby is all about.
I bet they were rite jelous.:freak3:

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 08:42 AM

lol damn right

newbiefreddy 14 June 2007 09:08 AM

:wonder: Isin't it a bit risky posting videos of you crossing back and forth across double white lines, then stating "must have forgotten my highway code" especially when your loggin is your req :wonder: by the way what speed did you reach in the tunnel:norty: :lol1: need any other info officer????:lol1:

Alan MaC 14 June 2007 09:11 AM

Very good.

What was that Red Thing that went past you ( piccie a bit blurred) and, you got at the end?

Regards.

Alan MaC

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 09:24 AM

i was well within the speed limit throughout the whole event, the red car is a celica convertable and I believe it was running a gt4 engine and gearbox thats what the owner claimed anyway, was very chav indeed, blue neons, funny stickers and all kinds of halfords crap

bibo_boy 14 June 2007 09:27 AM

K18LLR, saw your car at ESB the other day.... very nice.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get some of those "digital" vitrual gauges that one of the cars had on a screen in that vid?

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 09:30 AM

As for the highway code and the law, Rule number 108 states that overtaking is not permitted on double white lines unless it is safe to do so.. Given the situation and traffic conditions I acted within the law.

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by bibo_boy (Post 7019411)
K18LLR, saw your car at ESB the other day.... very nice.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get some of those "digital" vitrual gauges that one of the cars had on a screen in that vid?

Thanks, here have a look at these..eBay.co.uk: Auto Gauge "JAP SPEC" 270º Smoke 52mm *Choose 3 over 7* (item 270127799597 end time 16-Jun-07 22:00:00 BST)

bobsru 14 June 2007 09:43 AM

bit of a pointless video if you ask me, maybe you just like to hear the sound of your own d/v:wonder:
if your going to make a home video.....at least make it worth while:sleep:

newbiefreddy 14 June 2007 09:45 AM

108: Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe "and " you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10mph or less.
Laws RTA sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 26

The Highway Code

don't know what version your reading :wonder:
no horses or bikes in the vid

bibo_boy 14 June 2007 09:45 AM

Sorry I actually meant the gauges shown on the screen on theis vid.

YouTube - Japgirls Tunnel Run June 2007

Anyone?

nathanb 14 June 2007 09:46 AM

I love actually doing a tunnel run but watching a video is no way near the same experience. It just doesnt get across the bass of an exaust note!

Still fun though!

Slowboy Racing 14 June 2007 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by K18LLR (Post 7019147)
yeh apart from nearly blowing my engine with heatsoak it was very good....lol

Yea traffic was a little on the heavy side needed clearing by a tank i was getting temps of 104 at some points it was to warm specially with the heaters on full. :D Not good about your motor though.

I remember your plate now yes i was parked up in front.

hetz 14 June 2007 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bibo_boy (Post 7019473)
Sorry I actually meant the gauges shown on the screen on theis vid.

YouTube - Japgirls Tunnel Run June 2007

Anyone?

I dont think those gauges are actually linked to the car for readouts, they look like the ones you get on the pioneer screens are a screensaver jobbie.

hth
hetz

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 10:07 AM

i think ur after something called a defi heads display...As for the rule 108 ok u made ur point, im happy for u

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by *Un-ink* (Post 7019507)
Yea traffic was a little on the heavy side needed clearing by a tank i was getting temps of 104 at some points it was to warm specially with the heaters on full. :D Not good about your motor though.

I remember your plate now yes i was parked up in front.

just invested in a fmic and loads of heat wrapping, just awaiting a tweak on the powerfc so it should be sorted for next time ;)

Jam Performance 14 June 2007 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bobsru (Post 7019468)
bit of a pointless video if you ask me, maybe you just like to hear the sound of your own d/v:wonder:
if your going to make a home video.....at least make it worth while:sleep:

intresting tunnel run videos require breaking the law mate, lol