ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   TSL Exhausts, are they any good..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/612774-tsl-exhausts-are-they-any-good.html)

MTayler 11 June 2007 05:09 PM

TSL Exhausts, are they any good.....

Just wondered how many people on here are using a TSL exhaust on their scooby, particularly newage wrx.
I've got an 03 wrx with PPP fitted and have been looking for an exhaust for some time.
What with the recent alignment issues with scoobyworld systems I thought i'd look elsewhere and came across TSL.
Interested in the deresonated centre and group N backbox and wondered if anyone else here has the same :wonder: .
Would anyone recommend it or not, is fit and finish any good, help appreciated as if a good system was going to order it tomorrow :D .

Mark.

Luckyscoob 11 June 2007 05:26 PM

I've got a TSL deres section and rear box on my hawkeye, and have been really pleased with it. It transformed the sound of the car. Quality is very good and for me sounds just right. It's louder and deeper than my old prodrive rear box. Fitted perfectly and the guys there are really helpful.:thumb:

DevilHimSelf 11 June 2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by MTayler (Post 7008838)
Just wondered how many people on here are using a TSL exhaust on their scooby, particularly newage wrx.
I've got an 03 wrx with PPP fitted and have been looking for an exhaust for some time.
What with the recent alignment issues with scoobyworld systems I thought i'd look elsewhere and came across TSL.
Interested in the deresonated centre and group N backbox and wondered if anyone else here has the same :wonder: .
Would anyone recommend it or not, is fit and finish any good, help appreciated as if a good system was going to order it tomorrow :D .

Mark.

Do you like a loud exhaust, or a quiet one, if its the former go for it.

Imho TSL are the dogs dangles, go graham and Sue!

and yes im a Tsl fan! :)

stara 11 June 2007 05:32 PM

on my 2.5 wrx i have a TSL de-res center, and grp N backbox, and it sounds v nice, a discrete rumble at low RPM's and a nice throaty roar when giving it some. (I bought the de-cat as well, but it doesn't fit, it's the right length, but wrong angle and the down-pipe bore is larger), so if anyone wants a de-cat pipe that doesn't fit the MY06 & 07 2.5, i have one)

MTayler 11 June 2007 06:25 PM

I'd say from the few responses here that it's a good un :thumb: .
Don't want anything overly loud just more of a rumble than the current prodrive system.
Thanks people, looks like i'll be ordering tomorrow, don't suppose they offer a discount for scoobynet people :confused: .
Been quoted £300 for the de-res centre and backbox, inc delivery.
Is it worth me getting any new gaskets / hardware at the same time ?.

Mark.

MTayler 12 June 2007 08:13 AM

bttt for any more input / opinions :D .

Anderooo 12 June 2007 08:22 AM

I have the De-res center section and I also have the Group N backbox fitted to my 03 STI. Got them as part of the PPP > 333 conversion I had done there.

The exhaust now has a deeper rumble but imo makes a far better noise than the Prodrive one. It is also sensible for motorway driving as well certinly nothing that will drive you mad after a couple of hours. As Stara said a nice low rumble but great roar when giving it some beans.

Would recommend TSL no end, very friendly staff. :thumb: Also made my STI go like it should have done from the production line. :notworthy

AllyJ 12 June 2007 10:55 AM

I have the TSL remap and their full pulse extraction exhaust system. Its running around 340 tune and sounds very nice, tbh whether this makes much over the odds to other cheaper systems is open for debate but I certainly recommend the noise :lol1:

MTayler 13 June 2007 08:13 AM

Well I've taken peoples opinions on board and gone for it !.
Phoned TSL yesterday and had a chat with a guy there who was more than helpful and assured me what I wanted was right for me, top people :thumb: .
Got the de-res centre and Group N backbox, should be with me Thursday so hopefully will be fitted by the weekend, hurrah :D .

Mark.

Mikey Ace 13 June 2007 09:29 AM

good for you... you'll enjoy it :)

I've only got a 'group n' back box from TSL on my sti version 3...

fitted it myself with no problems at all, very nice quality and it sounds great.

I totally agree with all the comments here that TSL offer a first class service.

Mikey :)

MTayler 21 June 2007 08:27 PM

Well got the exhaust all fitted on Friday, had a bit of sodding around getting the flange bolted up using the sprung bolts but got there in the end :) .
The quality of the backbox is out of this world and I recommend the exhaust to anyone as it is money well spent, truly outstanding :thumb: .
The noise ; slightly louder than the Prodrive system at idle and a nice note when accelerating.
Def. not intrusive at all and exactly what I was after, my next door neighbour loves it and he's 65 ( still he does own an old daimler with full stainless system fitted ! ).

TSL = Top people.

Mark.

GREEDO 28 June 2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by MTayler (Post 7042532)
Well got the exhaust all fitted on Friday, had a bit of sodding around getting the flange bolted up using the sprung bolts but got there in the end :) .
The quality of the backbox is out of this world and I recommend the exhaust to anyone as it is money well spent, truly outstanding :thumb: .
The noise ; slightly louder than the Prodrive system at idle and a nice note when accelerating.
Def. not intrusive at all and exactly what I was after, my next door neighbour loves it and he's 65 ( still he does own an old daimler with full stainless system fitted ! ).

TSL = Top people.

Mark.

Shame then if there that good that 95% of the staff is now happily working at Carnetix in Melton up the road. You lot should try them.
Alot better service and cheaper.Trust me i've been around a bit with 8 scoobs under my belt.:norty:

JohnD 28 June 2007 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MTayler (Post 7042532)

Mark.

Mark - I found that when mating the TSL de-res. section to the Prodrive de-cat section that the springs closed completely thus losing the flexibility at the joint. I had to use some thick washers to correct this. Worth having a check to see if the same is happening to your system?
JohnD

MTayler 29 June 2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 7061145)
Mark - I found that when mating the TSL de-res. section to the Prodrive de-cat section that the springs closed completely thus losing the flexibility at the joint. I had to use some thick washers to correct this. Worth having a check to see if the same is happening to your system?
JohnD

JohnD,

Funny you should mention this as I already had noticed that the damper springs had closed up, not fully tight but certainly not like how they were originally.
I phoned TSL to enquire about this and was told provided they are not fully closed up with no daylight between coils then they would be okay.
Fair enough I thought, it's their system they know best :wonder: .
Had a hell of a job getting the coils to close up enough to get the bolts in anyway ( used two pairs of mole grips to clamp the flanges together ) so what chance will I have by putting washers in as well :confused: .

Mark.

Gus the Bus 29 June 2007 06:18 PM

TSL decat DP and Group N back box fitted on mine. love the sound and fitment was perfect.:thumb:

girl-in-a-scoob 09 July 2007 07:48 AM

I have a TSL Group N back box on a MY04 wrx. Very pleased with it

steano 16 July 2007 10:09 PM

We now have a new, very strong, knowlegeable and friendly team and a new business direction and are going from strength to strength.

From reading the replies in this thread looks like like were doing just that

Id advise you not to live in the past, we now have a new TSL thank you very much

Best Regards

John

Originally Posted by GREEDO (Post 7060964)
Shame then if there that good that 95% of the staff is now happily working at Carnetix in Melton up the road. You lot should try them.
Alot better service and cheaper.Trust me i've been around a bit with 8 scoobs under my belt.:norty: