ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Any blackberry experts? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/612724-any-blackberry-experts.html)

Account deleted by request 11 June 2007 02:44 PM

Any blackberry experts?

I can't seem to connect my blackberry to outlook on my PC, my research and the salesman:rolleyes: seemed to indicate this was ver easy to do. Only want the blackberry so I can get my emails on the move as I spend 90% of the day out of the office. Have installed the device manage & desktop manager but can't get further than that.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?

Ps it is 8800.

thanks chop :)

Phil 11 June 2007 02:49 PM

are you using your server[Microsoft Exchange or similar] or are you using the Network providers Server?

If its the later thats what I have on Orange and may be able to help you

Account deleted by request 11 June 2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by phil_stephens (Post 7008313)
are you using your server[Microsoft Exchange or similar] or are you using the Network providers Server?

If its the later thats what I have on Orange and may be able to help you

Hi Phil,

On the phone to t-mobile at the moment, I am registering an account with instant email ( on the info I got with phone not a single mention of having to do this:mad: )

My office email is off an exchange server, looks like I have to register all this with Blackberry. Not working at the moment though they think it will.

I can't believe it won't work off an exchange server. what sort of email account is your setup with? Do you use outlook?

Thanks for reply,

chop :)

Phil 11 June 2007 03:34 PM

We don't have exchange

So we opted for Oranges BIZ server

We just register any POP3 Address and bob's your uncle

Mark Miwurdz 12 June 2007 12:02 AM

Hi Chop

It sounds like you're a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Server) user rather than a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) user. This way, your airtime provider essentially gives you a mail service (POP3 or IMAP4) via their environment. I don't know how T-Mobile do it but take a look at O2's portal - BlackBerry Internet Service - to get an idea of how to set yourself up. It's dead simple:

- Choose a user name
- Provide the PIN and EMEI of the device
- Enrol up to 10 mail accounts
- Bob's your aunty's live-in lover

Cheers
Kav

AVZ 12 June 2007 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz (Post 7010833)
Hi Chop

It sounds like you're a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Server) user rather than a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) user. This way, your airtime provider essentially gives you a mail service (POP3 or IMAP4) via their environment. I don't know how T-Mobile do it but take a look at O2's portal - BlackBerry Internet Service - to get an idea of how to set yourself up. It's dead simple:

- Choose a user name

Cheers
Kav

I would agree, we run exchange and run BB enterprise and it does not sound like you have that.

Account deleted by request 12 June 2007 09:33 AM

Hi guys thanks for reply.

We run a microsoft exchange server and each user/employee uses outlook to control there emails.

I was on the balckberry/tmobile site last night BlackBerry Internet Service and they was a download for my workstation or the main server that enables emails to be forwarded on. Problem is for some reason none of the workstations in my office will currently load this webpage :mad: It was fine at home last night.

I will save the download at home then email to workstation. I *think* this will work.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Account deleted by request 12 June 2007 09:35 AM

Hi Chop

- Choose a user name

Cheers
Kav

Can't open the above 02 link either :confused:

Account deleted by request 12 June 2007 09:38 AM

Hi Chop

- Choose a user name

Cheers
Kav

I am a BIS but problem is I need to acess my office email, don't think I can do this unless I set the blackberry up to re-direct my work server/desktop. Blackberry is useless if I can't do this.

Hate it already :D

chop

judgejules 12 June 2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 7011274)
Can't open the above 02 link either :confused:

works for me

:wonder: