ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Another Theiving Scum Thread. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/612608-another-theiving-scum-thread.html)

speye91 10 June 2007 11:28 PM

Another Theiving Scum Thread.

This morning went to the scoob got in and noticed plastic trim on passenger seat.I was thinking...where the fook has this come from.Picked it up,had a look,was baffled,then noticed the underside of the steering wheel had lost its Plastic.

Three screws on the floor,thinking this could of not just fell off,rang Miss Speye,and she said she had not been in the car,and never put a bit plastic on the seat.

Further looks on the car,noticed small change missing from the console.Bareing in mind i unlocked the car prior to getiing into it,so i thought nothing of it.So i rang the poice and reported it.

Then at a freinds house this evening my partner went into the glove box....It was empty all my CD's had gone as well as,my daughters ipod missing.my wallet which was empty apart from a a few cards.

They never took the CD player(it's crap anyway) and other stuff in the car.

I had a CD multi-changer and a new head unit in the boot,but as my boot catch does not work,they could not get into the boot..

Plods turned up tonight,and i reported it at 11am,had a look,but hopefully when forensics come tommorow,there should be prints.

The car was locked and alarmed,thats what is baffling me,how did they get in,and without setting the alarm off.

chocolate_o_brian 10 June 2007 11:34 PM

eh.... somethings a bit fishy there. keep us posted, this ones interesting

madbint68 10 June 2007 11:38 PM

this is a worry reading that ... keep us posted please

ticky 10 June 2007 11:42 PM

Does the alarm still work. I would test it?

speye91 11 June 2007 12:16 AM

Alarm was tested,then again in front of the local Constabulary,who attended.:thumb:

mystic_magic 11 June 2007 12:19 AM

Sorry to hear that, as said. Do tell more when you know!

Snazy 11 June 2007 12:27 AM

Bizzare mate, and sorry you have become a victim to the theiving scum of the earth!

Would love to know the answer to the mystery of it all though.

Guess the missing plastics suggest it could have been worse :(
What year car and alarm do you have

AndyP's_P1 11 June 2007 12:29 AM

How long have you had the car? Previous owner maybe?

Andy

Stevesbluewrx 11 June 2007 12:30 AM

Interesting but weird mate?

Has the car ever been a repo? If the alarm didn't go off and so forth maybe someone has a master key? However it does not explain the pulled away plastic on ther steering colum?

Steve

bearded dragon 11 June 2007 01:38 PM

Have you ever broken a key? The transponder in the black plastic bit would still work to unlock the car and appease the immobiliser, but no metal key, no start.

just a thought - I don't know if you had the car from new or not, so possibly a previous owner broke the key and someone picked the fob up and got lucky.

CCTV is the answer.