ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Get Out Of Your Mobile Phone Contract!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/612326-get-out-of-your-mobile-phone-contract.html)

pslewis 09 June 2007 06:58 PM

Get Out Of Your Mobile Phone Contract!!

It seems that the Mobile Phone Operators are changing their Terms & Conditions for the worse, this is the Orange notification:-

Orange - terms and conditions update

Word has it that you can terminate your contract without penalty if you so wish as they have made a material change to your Terms and Conditions! Imagine if you said that you weren't going to pay them £30 a month, but you had decided you would pay £5 a month!! They would be onto you like a ton of bricks!!

So, if you act in a reasonable timespan you can walk away scott free from the contract that they have broken - if you are not happy then this is a golden chance!

This is what I have picked up - I have a Virgin Orange Account and a PAYG Account so doesn't affect me ...... but, I know lots of you would like to walk away from expensive contracts with companies who don't care.

Check it out ..................

turbomatt 09 June 2007 07:02 PM

If your not happy just cancel your direct debit ? the contract isnt legally binding i dont think and even if it is they aint onna take you to court anyway?

Snazy 09 June 2007 07:03 PM

Im just renewing a couple of contracts with Orange at the mo.

No changes there that bother me too much :)

Snazy 09 June 2007 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by turbomatt (Post 7003086)
If your not happy just cancel your direct debit ? the contract isnt legally binding i dont think and even if it is they aint onna take you to court anyway?

They may not take you to court, but 3 non payment strikes on your credit record = an 8 entry would result in a bit of a drop on your credit record, and possible refusal for a new contract with others.

dpb 09 June 2007 07:05 PM

virgin orange :wonder:

turbomatt 09 June 2007 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7003095)
They may not take you to court, but 3 non payment strikes on your credit record = an 8 entry would result in a bit of a drop on your credit record, and possible refusal for a new contract with others.

But wouldnt you have to go to court to get a bad credit record?

pslewis 09 June 2007 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 7003096)
virgin orange :wonder:

It was a deal Orange ran a few years ago which shadowed the Virgin Deal - I pay nothing except for calls - ever.

I get a monthly bill and pay it when it reaches over £1.

Emergency old phone left in the car - about the size of a housebrick, but the cheapest deal there is :thumb:

And just cancelling your DD is not wise - your credit record will take a bash.

J4CKO 09 June 2007 07:41 PM

Or dont take out a contract you dont want, dont need or cant afford !

Simon 69 09 June 2007 09:15 PM

They cant change the terms of the contact.

gso 09 June 2007 09:56 PM

surely the idea is to cancel your cotract and get a new one with a brand new, FREE, phone?

StickyMicky 09 June 2007 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by turbomatt (Post 7003086)

just like tiscali passed on my details to some credit agency thing and demanded the £16 i owed them.

i was offline for 2 months, got nowhere fast and cancelled the debit payments, it was only then that i got anywhere with "leaving" them

had to laugh at the girl on the phone, i told her i was more then happy to pay £16 to get rid of tiscali once and for all :razz: