ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Prescott dead? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/611282-prescott-dead.html)

Charley Horse 05 June 2007 10:20 PM

Prescott dead?

Well, not quite, but it sounds serious to me:

BBC NEWS | Politics | Prescott suffering from pneumonia

Shame... Too much Rum Punch, spicey grub and the odd whiff of ganga in the Caribbean perhaps?

Ironic, on the day the Goverment have the cheek to instruct us that WE are the ones who drink too much in our leisure time.... :razz:

BBC NEWS | Politics | English 'booze culture' targeted

"The campaign will seek to alert, for the first time, those who enjoy a bottle or two of wine at home most evenings of the possible long-term health risks."

Well - f*ck them :hjtwofing

unclebuck 05 June 2007 11:51 PM

Yep, New Labour - now they want to remove our last source of pleasure.. a bit of a drink.

They really are beyond contempt. :mad:

swampster 06 June 2007 12:23 AM

Been saying it a lot recently... drinking is now where smoking was 20 years ago.. give it time!

CrisPDuk 06 June 2007 02:06 AM

Bugger:(

You did get my hopes up with that thread title;)

speye91 06 June 2007 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 6989850)
Bugger:(

You did get my hopes up with that thread title;)

And mine.:(

logbrog 06 June 2007 07:18 AM

Not Yet!

Nurses have said he's dead from the Neck up, but unfortunately not from the waist down.:norty:

Infractfree 06 June 2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6989723)
Yep, New Labour - now they want to remove our last source of pleasure.. a bit of a drink.

They really are beyond contempt. :mad:

Drinking your last source of pleasure Robin? That's very sad.:cry:

Have you considered getting out more perhaps?:)

Remember the happy days when you used to be able to get out of the house and down the beach?

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d1da7146d9.jpg

Iwan 06 June 2007 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6989723)
our last source of pleasure.. a bit of a drink.

Sorry UB but you really are a bit of a pen15 if you honestly believe that. You sound like some moaning unemployed council estate dweller who uses the lines "well what else are we supposed to do to relieve the boredom of being a layabout", or "it's the only pleasure we have" to justify smoking (free cigarettes paid for by the taxpayer).

Paul3446 06 June 2007 10:18 AM

The whole issue around alcohol has been caused by idiots abusing the stuff.

If these morons didn't go beserk every time they drank we wouldn't need labels on the bottles.

Buckwheat 06 June 2007 01:00 PM

:lol1: @ Infractfree.

Infractme! 06 June 2007 01:03 PM

Yeah he's a riot!:)

SJ_Skyline 06 June 2007 01:29 PM

;)

http://www.sjskyline.com/images/misc/prescott01.gif

Leslie 06 June 2007 03:24 PM

Nothing wrong with a drink in sensible moderation. Its good for you in many ways like that.

Les

STi wanna Subaru 06 June 2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6990069)

Remember the happy days when you used to be able to get out of the house and down the beach?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6...clesucklt0.jpg

Unless his arm is in a sling there or the gov have banned it too I'm sure he's still making good use of that wanking glove :thumb:

scoobynutta555 06 June 2007 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6990069)

https://img267.imageshack.us/img267/...clesucklt0.jpg

That picture cracks me up everytime I see it :D

The Zohan 06 June 2007 03:36 PM

Don't like Prescott
Don't trust Prescott
Another 'do as a say not as i do' politician.
I doubt he will be in an NHS ward and geting the same levels of attention as 'normal' patients.

There would be a certain irony if fatty two shags caught MRSA, so someone in govenment knows what it is like to suffer due to the mishandling and politicial meddling of this government :)

Infractme! 06 June 2007 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 6991347)
That picture cracks me up everytime I see it :D

Be careful otherwise Uncle Buck aka Robin (:D imagine living with that as a name :D) might use one of his plus member aliases to infract you. Sadly he wasted his money as it doesn't work.;)

Love the w@nking glove comments by the way, I can't imagine a worse picture of oneself to be set free in the public domain than that epitome of gayness that Robin released............

RobinSherwood 06 June 2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Infractme! (Post 6991511)
...........Robin (:D imagine living with that as a name :D)

Thanks for that :D

Having done so for 38 years I can assure you it really isn't that bad even with my surname ;)

Robin

STi wanna Subaru 06 June 2007 04:43 PM

:D

borat52 06 June 2007 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by swampster (Post 6989796)
Been saying it a lot recently... drinking is now where smoking was 20 years ago.. give it time!

Big difference, smoking inflicts a direct negative upon others without their choice, drinking (providing the police come to their senses applying the law and actually deal with people who are violent or destructive when drunk) does not. Your more likely to see your combustion engine banned than your beer in 20 years.

As for Prescott, I hope it does kill him. Nothing personal but the world would be a better place without him. Can't think of one redeeming feature.

Simon C 06 June 2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by borat52 (Post 6991682)
As for Prescott, I hope it does kill him. Nothing personal but the world would be a better place without politicians. Can't think of one redeeming feature for any of them.

Edited for accuracy :D

Infractme! 06 June 2007 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by RobinSherwood (Post 6991652)
Thanks for that :D

Having done so for 38 years I can assure you it really isn't that bad even with my surname ;)

Robin

Think the difference in your case Robin is that you've got a sense of humour.:thumb:

J4CKO 06 June 2007 07:02 PM

It does need sorting out to be fair, try any town center on a Friday/Saturday night, we have all done it but its still not right.

Booze is great but its got silly, less is more with drink, moderation is what need to be taught and perhaps availability reigned in a bit.

NeilT 06 June 2007 07:41 PM

I don't like the bloke myself, but I honestly wouldnt wish pneumonia on my worst enemy

I was diagnosed with it last Oct and it literally knocked the stuffing out of me for a good 2-3 months, never ever been so ill in all my life.

Lost a stone and a half in weight and spent most days in bed as I couldnt get enough air into my lungs to even walk down the stairs. The hospital xrays showed my left lung overrun with it. Without wanting to sound to melodramatic I did wonder at times whether i'd recover.

No idea how I got it, non smoker, dont drink much and keep myself fit.

Horrible illness and I for one wish Prescott a speedy recovery

Neil

STi wanna Subaru 07 June 2007 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by NeilT (Post 6992248)
I don't like the bloke myself, but I honestly wouldnt wish pneumonia on my worst enemy

I was diagnosed with it last Oct and it literally knocked the stuffing out of me for a good 2-3 months, never ever been so ill in all my life.

Lost a stone and a half in weight and spent most days in bed as I couldnt get enough air into my lungs to even walk down the stairs. The hospital xrays showed my left lung overrun with it. Without wanting to sound to melodramatic I did wonder at times whether i'd recover.

No idea how I got it, non smoker, dont drink much and keep myself fit.

Horrible illness and I for one wish Prescott a speedy recovery

Neil

swampster 07 June 2007 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by borat52 (Post 6991682)
Big difference, smoking inflicts a direct negative upon others without their choice, drinking (providing the police come to their senses applying the law and actually deal with people who are violent or destructive when drunk) does not. Your more likely to see your combustion engine banned than your beer in 20 years.

To the likes of you and me yeah there's a big difference.. but to these do good'er lobbyists.. that's a different matter. A few fights too many, few too many deaths by drink driving. The way the nanny state is going it certainly wouldn't surprise me, the "You're incapable of making your own life choices brigade" are only just starting to get motivated as far as alcohol is concerned, and they already making more noise than the anti smoking lobby was 20-30 years ago.

20 years ago there was no way on earth they'd ever ban smoking in pubs etc was the general consensus. Work places etc maybe; but pubs..nah never.. Besides there is nothing forcing a non smoker to go into a "smoking" pub is there (if there was such a thing as smoking/non smoking pubs)... it basically boils down to a choice, much as going out getting pissed out your skull is (and potentially causing some poor unfortunate grief)

Alcohol is on a par with smoking when you look at the amount of lives it wrecks, admittedly via different routes, but I wouldn't say getting mown down by a drunk driver is anyone's choice either.

You're probably right however, it probably won't happen.. it just wouldnt surprise me if it did, or at least a lot of pressure for it.

CrisPDuk 07 June 2007 03:19 AM

What you've got to bear in mind though swampster is that a large proportion of politicians are overly partial to a drop or two, self interest may take priority over 'public good' on this one;)

Based on your description Neil, I would say that's the ideal affliction for Two Shags, let's face it, the fat cnut could do with losing some weight. If he does croak, I pity the poor buggers who get stuck with carrying his box:eek:

scoobynutta555 07 June 2007 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Infractme! (Post 6991511)
Be careful otherwise Uncle Buck aka Robin (:D imagine living with that as a name :D) might use one of his plus member aliases to infract you. Sadly he wasted his money as it doesn't work.;)

Love the w@nking glove comments by the way, I can't imagine a worse picture of oneself to be set free in the public domain than that epitome of gayness that Robin released............

Too late, some gutless moron has indeed infracted me.