ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What kind of name is Ashton, Zane or Mason to give a boy? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/611176-what-kind-of-name-is-ashton-zane-or-mason-to-give-a-boy.html)

Infractfree 05 June 2007 03:22 PM

What kind of name is Ashton, Zane or Mason to give a boy?

I'm asking because a fockwit relative of mine (through marriage) has done exactly that.

I mean Ashton Zane Mason ********* what kind of life is the poor little barsteward going to have?

Instead of the normal £100 for birthdays and £200 at Christmas into some investment vehicle (as well as a couple of non-PC presents :norty:) I've decided that he and his brother (who also has an abominable chav name) are going to be getting educational materials in a vain attempt to drag them up from the gutter.

How can parents be so cruel? These names aren't 'contemporary' they are like having a 'scum' tattoo done on the child's forehead.

STi wanna Subaru 05 June 2007 03:23 PM

He'll just end up being called Ash so no big deal really.

Karl 227 05 June 2007 03:32 PM

He'll either be bullied at school or turn to crime :thumb:

<------------Oooh, would you look at that? :eek:

cookstar 05 June 2007 03:33 PM

I know two lads called "Mason" :)

Superintendent Gene Hunt 05 June 2007 03:34 PM

'Super Muppet' status - I hear they couldn't sell them so they're giving them away ;)

Infractfree 05 June 2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6987771)
He'll just end up being called Ash so no big deal really.

Well call me juvenile but the word 'fag' proceeds 'Ash' very well indeed.

The only cool 'Ash' in the history of everything had a chainsaw instead of a hand. Perhaps if the little fooker gets one of them everything will be OK?:D

davegtt 05 June 2007 03:38 PM

Ashton is ok, but the rest of the name is a bit strange IMO.

Infractfree 05 June 2007 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 6987810)
I know two lads called "Mason" :)

Mason is either someone who cuts stone or a member of a secret society of backscratchers. Not a first name.

I remember reading a survey where teachers named children called cr@p names like Mason least likely to succeed, most likely to cause problems and most likely to have low class chav parent. Think they were most likely correct looking at the 2 breeders I have to go on as evidence.

Infractfree 05 June 2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 6987840)
Ashton is ok, but the rest of the name is a bit strange IMO.

In what way is 'Ashton' OK? As far as I'm aware it's a place name or surname. Unless you're some kind of sickening American that is.

SJ_Skyline 05 June 2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6987828)
The only cool 'Ash' in the history of everything had a chainsaw instead of a hand.

All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up! :D

Did they base Gene Hunt on Ash? :wonder:

STi wanna Subaru 05 June 2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6987877)
In what way is 'Ashton' OK? As far as I'm aware it's a place name or surname. Unless you're some kind of sickening American that is.

When he's 17 and banging a Britney and Paris I doubt he'll care what some old bloke thinks

hutton_d 05 June 2007 04:03 PM

Wasn't there an Ashton Martin on 5th gear last night ...??

Dave

Scooby Snacks 23 05 June 2007 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6987765)
I mean Ashton Zane Mason ********* what kind of life is the poor little barsteward going to have?

How can parents be so cruel? These names aren't 'contemporary' they are like having a 'scum' tattoo done on the child's forehead.

My son's name is Ashton

To be honest, when we chose it, it was because we wanted something different and individual. He's just about to turn 3 and at his nursery, there's about a thousand Jacks, Harrys and Olivers and whilst I don't dislike them as names I just wanted him to have a different name to others in his class. I don't consider it a chavvy name in anyway, although at some stage in the future, all names will become chavvy because chavs are taking over. I'm 36 now and I don't think there was such a thing as chavs in 1970, but I'm called Andy and even that's becoming chavvy because it's shortened from Andrew.

Now Britney, Paris or Channel are a different story ;)

Infractfree 05 June 2007 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6987911)
When he's 17 and banging a Britney and Paris I doubt he'll care what some old bloke thinks

I'm sure he won't. Shame he won't be getting sticky fingers with nice girls like I was at that age instead though.:)

Still Chlamydia is meant to be very popular these days and I'm sure it will only be more prevalent when little Ashton is up to his baw sack in a young waynetta.........

http://www.kathyburke.co.uk/images/waynetta2-s.JPG

http://www.catherinetate.co.uk/images/lauren.jpg

http://www.littlerbritain.com/images...pollard_04.jpg

Infractfree 05 June 2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 6987991)
My son's name is Ashton

To be honest, when we chose it, it was because we wanted something different and individual. He's just about to turn 3 and at his nursery, there's about a thousand Jacks, Harrys and Olivers and whilst I don't dislike them as names I just wanted him to have a different name to others in his class. I don't consider it a chavvy name in anyway, although at some stage in the future, all names will become chavvy because chavs are taking over. I'm 36 now and I don't think there was such a thing as chavs in 1970, but I'm called Andy and even that's becoming chavvy because it's shortened from Andrew.

Now Britney, Paris or Channel are a different story ;)

Sad to say I believe you have now made future life more difficult for your child.

Let me be the first to break the news to you. Calling your child 'Ashton' isn't 'individual'. It's similar to being 'individual' by putting a 'one of' (sic) bodykit and a set of 19's on your crappy Astra.

What you have done is mark him out as belonging to the lower echelons of society and what's more you've done it of your own free will. That's a form of child abuse to my mind.

STi wanna Subaru 05 June 2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6988031)
Sad to say I believe you have now made future life more difficult for your child.

Let me be the first to break the news to you. Calling your child 'Ashton' isn't 'individual'. It's similar to being 'individual' by putting a 'one of' (sic) bodykit and a set of 19's on your crappy Astra.

What you have done is mark him out as belonging to the lower echelons of society and what's more you've done it of your own free will. That's a form of child abuse to my mind.

Well lets bring this thread back in 18 years or so and see. :cool:

Close the thread please :thumb:

Infractfree 05 June 2007 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6988047)
Well lets bring this thread back in 18 years or so and see. :cool:

Close the thread please :thumb:

You want it closed for what reason? Because it offer a different view to yours?

It's a fact now that teachers have singled these 'modern' (I prefer the more accurate term crap) named children out as being a pain in the ass and more likely than that educationally subnormal.

STi wanna Subaru 05 June 2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6988055)
You want it closed for what reason? Because it offer a different view to yours?

It's a fact now that teachers have singled these 'modern' (I prefer the more accurate term crap) named children out as being a pain in the ass and more likely than that educationally subnormal.

Purely on the fact you're predicting the future Pete and there's no way to know until the kid grows up... I fear you may not be alive to see if you were correct or not though :(

Infractfree 05 June 2007 04:39 PM

What does predicting the 'future pete' mean? I have no idea what a 'future pete' is.

Perhaps I haven't been clear. Teachers right now are commenting on how children with what we will henceforth call 'crap names' are less likely to succeed at school and more likely to be trouble.

TelBoy 05 June 2007 04:40 PM

I used to know an Ashton. I thought of it as "American" more than anything else, a bit pretentious maybe, but certainly not chavvy, no.

STi wanna Subaru 05 June 2007 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Infractfree (Post 6988087)
What does predicting the 'future pete' mean? I have no idea what a 'future pete' is.

Perhaps I haven't been clear. Teachers right now are commenting on how children with what we will henceforth call 'crap names' are less likely to succeed at school and more likely to be trouble.

Poor teaching then. Blame Labour.

Trout 05 June 2007 04:47 PM

Studies in nominative determinism suggest that children with unusual names do rather better not worse.

Maybe for Infract he equates unusual to chav!

For confirmation look at Professors - they generally have very bizarre names!

Infractfree 05 June 2007 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 6988132)
Studies in nominative determinism suggest that children with unusual names do rather better not worse.

Maybe for Infract he equates unusual to chav!

For confirmation look at Professors - they generally have very bizarre names!

The names I mentioned aren't unusual in educationally and culturally subnormal households.

It is in fact like having a 'Burberry' tattoo.

pslewis 05 June 2007 05:26 PM

The Chavvie parents will have the names tattooed somewhere too :rolleyes: :lol1: