ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   SWS does Eire (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/609785-sws-does-eire.html)

WRX RCY 30 May 2007 04:58 PM

SWS does Eire

Guys I had a lovely chat with some Irish boys in SSO and we were chatting about having two joint meets , we travel there for a weekend and some time later they come over to us for some of the same.

The idea for us would be
: FRIDAY -take the Ferry from Fishgaurd (morning) to arrive in Rosslare (afternoon), then drive to choosen accomodation. Park cars , eat and take in some local scenery .i.e pubs.

: SATURDAY - have a joint Ireland/ Wales meet with a few of there gang. Have some nice food maybe another pub or two.

: SUNDAY - say our goodbyes and travel back to the ferry (afternoon) to arrive back in Fishguard (evening)

The Ferry crossing would be around £230 (return) and accomodation for two nights around £70 depending on where we stay.

I am thinking as we have no welsh motor show that it could be on the last weekend in August.
How does that sound to you guys?

If you are up for it then add your name below , if numbers are low there maybe we'll levae it till next year.

WRX RCY 30 May 2007 04:59 PM

1. Chris & Gem

bossurk 30 May 2007 05:41 PM

would have loved to come but away on hols . if you go on diffrent dates will definatly come ///////////////gutted

WRX RCY 30 May 2007 07:41 PM

or another suggestion was made from the Irish lads and I think some welsh might be up for it :

AN Isle of Man trip where we can meet up with the Irish boys there.

Which would you prefer?

WRX RCY 30 May 2007 07:59 PM

For the Isle of Man trip would probably be the same friday to sunday.

Ferry goes from Liverpool no Prices yet.

Accomodation , something like these which are from £26 - 40 a nightGlen Helen Inn - A warm welcome with quality food, rooms and event facilities

Isle of Man accommodation - Sulby Glen Hotel

Russ71 30 May 2007 09:35 PM

We'll be in Fishguard during the first week in August, I would have waved you off on the ferry :D if you went early August.

KJD Mk1 30 May 2007 09:51 PM

Nice to see this going up on the board but I wont be able to make this one:(

RIGPIG 30 May 2007 11:55 PM

The quickest ferrys are from Heysham and are about £104 return for car and 2 passengers....

The SeaCat goes from Liverpool and is a little more Expensive.

The earlier you book the more discount you'll get.

One other thing to mention August is a very busy time on these routes so my advice is sort this out sooner rather than later, to save disapontment.

Criss...

WR1JLD 31 May 2007 12:27 AM

Would be well up for that but to close to hols:cry:

Different dates would be better:D

Julian

mervil 31 May 2007 06:43 PM

And I'm planning on going to Nurburg in Germany, apparently there's some sort of track there :wonder:

Think its called the Nur-bur-gring??? I'll have to look into that one :lol1:

Merv :thumb:

johnny2007 04 June 2007 02:00 PM

we mite b a yes see bout nipper n sorting out the house! only jus came on u will have to tx him the details i broke the pc:| well the nipper did!! i kno john got time off around then:-s n will wanna go specially if he gets his way n they get bk asap wiv the engine.

charlotte;)

johnny2007 04 June 2007 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=johnny2007;6983667] We mite b a yes see bout nipper n sorting out the house! only jus came on u will have to tx him the details i broke the pc:| well the nipper did!! i kno john got time off around then:-s n will wanna go specially if he gets his way n they get bk asap wiv the engine.

charlotte:wonder:

johnny2007 04 June 2007 02:04 PM

:| i keep writing the wrong thing...... i mean i will ave to tx him the details:|

KJD Mk1 04 June 2007 02:21 PM

:wonder:

PIXIEDUST 04 June 2007 09:40 PM

wrc rally ireland in october only a thought as it"s free unlike rally wales

WRX RCY 06 June 2007 09:01 PM

If this year doesn't fit alot of those who want to go how about we hold out till next year and then you can pencil in a date we confirm.

WR1JLD 06 June 2007 09:26 PM

that sounds good to me ;)