ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   babys in car scoobs? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/608087-babys-in-car-scoobs.html)

Matt_taylor 23 May 2007 04:06 PM

babys in car scoobs?

Well found out today im gonna be a dad! :notworthy

im only 22, but im ready for it and love my gf very very much,

So i am doin my sums, we are gonna rent a nice little 2 bed house and get that sorted and i can afford to keep my scoob!

So rekon this is a good idea keeping it? or will i have toys and food everyqwhere?

imprezaworks 23 May 2007 04:14 PM

If u can keep everybody happy and afford it, id keep it. You will only miss it mate

AlexJReid 23 May 2007 04:15 PM

Congratulations. I was only a year older than you when I became a Dad, thankfully we already had a house and things.
Don't sell it just yet - it will cost more when you miss it and want to get another!

wrx-kris 23 May 2007 04:17 PM

i carry 3 round in my wagon sometimes......

keep it! :thumb:

oh btw i'm only 24

SwissTony 23 May 2007 04:20 PM

I have 2 kids (boys ) 7 and 4 and yes i am older :rolleyes: , but wiser :razz:
so let me put it this way....your life in about 9 months time will not be yours again, in a few years time nothing you value in the house will exist or be undamaged and to top it all, they make a soddin mess in your scoob.

is that pretty much what you were thinking ? :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

wrx-kris 23 May 2007 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 6951304)
your life in about 9 months time will not be yours again, in a few years time nothing you value in the house will exist or be undamaged and to top it all, they make a soddin mess in your scoob

so true......... :lol1:

Matt_taylor 23 May 2007 04:31 PM

haha cheers guys,

i have done my sums, i have a pretty good job i na good firm which i can progress in, not overly great money but still good,

Her job isnt bad and she wants to do a college course in childcare,

im so happy, not told my parents yet.....

SwissTony 23 May 2007 04:33 PM

Matt
its not too late to deny all evidence, say that you are gay and do a runner :thumb:

good luck either way :D

Matt_taylor 23 May 2007 04:37 PM

yeh cheers swiss, i dont think she will blame me,

we dont know how it happend, she has been on the pill and took it religiously,

i didnt think i would be like this but i am so excited!

Gotta name it,

Subaru?? Impreza??

DANNYBOY2511 23 May 2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_taylor (Post 6951379)
yeh cheers swiss, i dont think she will blame me,

we dont know how it happend, she has been on the pill and took it religiously,

i didnt think i would be like this but i am so excited!

Gotta name it,

Subaru?? Impreza??

STI???

IJE71 23 May 2007 04:55 PM

I bought my first scoob last june when the missus was 7 months pregnant, he was born in august then in december we found out she was pregnant again :eek: (so easy to get caught when they've just had 1), next ones due in september , no way i'm sellin the scoob though :)

Coffin Dodger 23 May 2007 04:56 PM

Welcome to the end of your life as you know it :)

Jay m A 23 May 2007 05:05 PM

If its got a minimum of 4 doors, aircon and central locking, its baby friendly I say :)

Woody1 23 May 2007 06:32 PM

Scoobs were made for having kids.

Room for a pram in the boot
4 doors for ease of access to the child seat
Bloody fast so you can get home from work and spend more quality time with the family !!!!

gonorr 23 May 2007 06:44 PM

Just pray its not twins........ten years on and still costing me loads:nono:

Congratulations though, enjoy they grow up quickly.

HOOPS78 23 May 2007 06:45 PM

Congratulations i had a little girl 8 months ago i sold my fiat coupe 20vt and got a scoob the scoob is just as cheap as any car get all the probs sorted if any b4 baby is born all will be good dont sell cost your more :)

TonyBurns 23 May 2007 07:23 PM

Always put your family before your car, it if means selling your scoob to enjoy a better quality of life then do it, a car is a piece of metal, your family isnt ;) though its nice to have everything :D that isnt always possible :(

Tony:)

DAVE-W 23 May 2007 08:59 PM

Congratulations m8! :thumb:

We have a four year old and a 9 week old and I bought my blobeye when I found out the second was on the way......it's sensible - 4 doors, five seats, bigish boot etc. ;)

Whilst the reality is that we almost always use the other half's Vectra if we're going out with the kids (I honestly think Emma has only even been in the Scooby twice or three times since I've had it :D) I can take the kids out in the scooby if need be.

I did consider selling it this month but couldn't find anything that I'd be happy with for sensible money so it's staying.

As said above, if you really can afford to keep the car and look after your family comfortably then keep it but don't sacrifice any family stuff just to do it......you can have a nice scooby again. :)

Dave :cool:

BeeSTi 23 May 2007 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 6951304)
I have 2 kids (boys ) 7 and 4 and yes i am older :rolleyes: , but wiser :razz:
so let me put it this way....your life in about 9 months time will not be yours again, in a few years time nothing you value in the house will exist or be undamaged and to top it all, they make a soddin mess in your scoob.

is that pretty much what you were thinking ? :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

FPMSL :lol: :lol: So right there Tony.....Congratulations Matt and GF :thumb:

scooby-tc 23 May 2007 09:56 PM

I regulaly have the baby seat in my type r to ferry kids out and about but being a 2 door its just not practical so it has to go.,to be replaced with a 4 door family friendly car

an MY05 Spec C :thumb:

congrats fella

pjhsid 23 May 2007 10:15 PM

I did a 20 minute drive with a kid in the back seat of my immaculate RB5.

The next day I discovered Extra Strong mints stuck to the alcantara seats, crisp crumbs all over the seats and floor (wasn't even eating crisps!) and drool...

Ain't going in the car again!

Puff The Magic Wagon! 23 May 2007 10:27 PM

Heh

I got a scoob as a result of having a sprog :D

Wife WANTED a car that was a 5 door estate and that had air-con - who was I to refuse her ;)

PTMW! arrived 1 month after Ez did & the rest is history.

Good thing is that you can get your kids turned into petrol-heads at an early age :D

Ez and Emily Jane in Chuckster's (Old Fart's) 22B Type UK

http://www.goorey.com/Pics/ezej-1.jpg

Tell me they're not having fun? :D

:cool:

RobScreene 26 May 2007 07:52 PM

Congratulations and don't worry about amy practicality problems.

A '97 Turbo 5-door here and my kids are now nearly 5 and 3 and it's the only car I've had for the last 9 years.

I got side swiped by a big Mercedes sprinter van on may way to work the other morning and I can vouch for how strong the rear passenger doors impact bars appear to be.

Firm suspension seems to ensure nobody feels car sick. The recent Eibach pro springs and KYB adjustable dampers have even made it a tiny bit more comfortable around town at low speeds.

My kids still happily fall asleep in it. Perhaps it's that comforting flat-four burble.

One downside is that my kids have no idea that 0-60 in 5 seconds is unusual for a car.

Go for it!

Rob.

amazingjames 28 May 2007 05:15 PM

i had the same dilema but i have an evo 6 but its the same thing just different shape to be honest. i thought of selling up and buying a mondeo estate or the like but then realised what was going to happen. the facts are 1s your little byundle of joy arrives your life belongs to them. they depend on you for evrything and i mean everything. its good fun but titeing and it does take its toll on you. your mrs will become tired as well meaning she'l become crankt but its not her fault its just 1 of those things. you wont have anything for yourself any more. so do what i did. keep the car. its your little bit of salvation. its an escape for you. somewhere too get some quiet time. you will need it i promise you that. youur going to make loads of sacrifices as it is dont lose yout car. not only that if you sell it then you might never get a chance to buy another and that would be a shame. good luck mate i hope i havent put you off. iom became a dad for the first time this time last year and have loved every minute and wouldn't change anything. but thn i kept the car.

Norman Dog 28 May 2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_taylor (Post 6951243)

im only 22, but im ready for it and love my gf very very much,

I loved shagging the world at 22... :norty:

Originally Posted by Matt_taylor (Post 6951243)

So rekon this is a good idea keeping it? or will i have toys and food everyqwhere?

No mate, it's not. Kids, especially babies, have a habit of vomiting all over car upholstery, it stinks and you can't get rid of the smell.

Sell the Scoob :cry: , buy a Xsara Picasso or something sensible then save the money you would have spent on extra fuel and insurance and put it towards buying your first house. :)

fmp 28 May 2007 06:46 PM

i have a 10 months old daughter, and have chopped my clio 182 in for a larger family car. It happens to be a 03 Spec-C :D

The Dogs B******s 28 May 2007 06:58 PM

Keep it, i've got twin boy & girl and out of my last four cars the only car that i can fit the twin pram in is my impreza.(and before anyone asks,the other cars were a decent size)