ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The Champions League Final Thread. (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/607540-the-champions-league-final-thread.html)

FlightMan 21 May 2007 11:49 AM

The Champions League Final Thread.

Ok, its almost here, a possible 6th European Cup for the Reds. I can't believe it myself, 6 times? I mean, 5 is awesome, but 6, well, that half a dozen. :notworthy

So, before you mancs and chelski boys start blathering on about this and that, let me say here and now, WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY! :D We're in the final, you aint and win or loose, that aint going to change. :thumb:

Now, onto the game. Whatever the merits of AC are, and granted they are an exceptional side, I think we've won the mind games, before we turn up. 2005 must be a deep deep mental scar on AC, and Liverpool are really setup to counter their style. I'm predicting a really close match, with Liverpool winning in extra time, may 6-0 . :D

Ok, then 1-0. :lol1:

C'mon the Reds, make us proud. :luxhello: :luxhello:

davegtt 21 May 2007 12:54 PM

As much as I want to see an English club take the trophy home with them I cant see you doing Milan like last time. I think they will have a point to prove this time around and put things right. If they dont get sloppy then I think 3-0 to Milan.

Thats where I'll put my money so its not a dig. Its how I really think it'll turn out.

RLE 21 May 2007 01:59 PM

Be surprised if it was 3-0. Liverpools defence isn't as fragile as the one Milan was lucky to come across when playing Man U.

I think if Liverpool score first they will go on to win.

ash1 21 May 2007 02:17 PM

7.30 on Sky tonight, repeat showing of that fabulous night in Istanbul tonight.

Have to agree with Gerrard, we're a better team than 2 years ago. Better players. Can see Masc being deployed from the start to counter Milans exceptional midfield. Would expect Rafa to have a plan for Kaka too.

They dont have Sheva and Crespo up front this time.

jaytc2003 21 May 2007 02:24 PM

I think Milan only beat united because they knew they would face Liverpool in the final. I think they have played their "exceptional" game and I expect Liverpool to come out as 1-0 or 2-1 winners.

Gattuso also has a bit to prove as Gerrard slated him in his book, so I expect him to be booked early.

pj748r 21 May 2007 02:43 PM

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lfc/300LFC.jpg

Don't think it will be as open as 2 years ago,especially the first half

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...dAcropolis.jpg

Lets bring home No 6.:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Pics courtesy of RAWK.

ash1 21 May 2007 05:20 PM

great article by Hansen

BBC SPORT | Football | Premiership | Alan Hansen's column

nullify Gattuso and Kaka like we did two years ago in the 2nd half and we've got more than a chance. You let these guys play like ManUre did in the semi's and they will kill you.

NAF 21 May 2007 06:58 PM

The excitement is building boys!

:D

cant wait!!!

NAF 21 May 2007 07:00 PM

"Liverpool are going to win the Champions League final - I am absolutely 100% confident of that. "

Alan's confident ;)

STi wanna Subaru 21 May 2007 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by pj748r (Post 6945533)
COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...lfc/300LFC.jpg

Don't think it will be as open as 2 years ago,especially the first half

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...dAcropolis.jpg

Lets bring home No 6.:luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Pics courtesy of RAWK.

That top one is the gayest thing ever :D :lol1:

ash1 22 May 2007 01:33 PM

50,000 expected in Athens. Fan park is going to be great for those who cant watch it.

My lineup

reina

Finnan JC Agger Riise

SG Masc Alonso Kewell

Kuyt Crouch

jaytc2003 22 May 2007 02:12 PM

my line up

..................Reina..................
.Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa.
......... Masc........ Alonso.........
.Pennant.........................Riise.
................Gerrard..................
................Bellamy..................

Reasoning is the ability to exploit their slow defence with Bellamys pace. If things dont work out then I would drop Riise to left back, bring on Kewell and maybe swap Bellamy for Kuyt. Keeping Gerrard in the middle will be the key to success, if he is on the right I think we will struggle.

ash1 22 May 2007 02:25 PM

Jay - No Crouch ? think Italians are bricking it as prospect of Crouch.

Milan dont seem to have any real width in their team, could be good opportunity to use wingers to get balls into the ball for Crouch. Then either Kuyt or Bellamy for 2nd ball.

jaytc2003 22 May 2007 02:36 PM

yes I would think about crouch as I rate him more than bellamy, bellamy is only there due to his pace.

Suppose second half could remove Alonso and bring Crouch on for him so we have the 2 strikers up front. whilst retaining the services of mascherano with Gerrard dropping to a slightly deeper supporting role.

pauld37 22 May 2007 04:57 PM

COME ON MEEELAN!!! :D

Abdabz 22 May 2007 05:00 PM

Hoping for an Inzaghi hat trick on the night with Gatusso taking the fire out of "Stevie G" and a show by Kaka that we can reminisce on for years to come. :notworthy

Come on Milan... make it so :luxhello: Make tomorrow night one I can look back on with a smile :luxhello:

Ted Maul 22 May 2007 05:01 PM

FORZA MILAN!!!

ash1 22 May 2007 08:34 PM

milan wont get the space, they are not playing ManUre here or boring, boring Chelski.

NAF 22 May 2007 10:00 PM

God the bitterness and jealousy in here !!! :rolleyes: lol :D
My starting line up almost same as yours ash ..

No alonso , SG in d middle , Pennant on the right

ash1 22 May 2007 11:47 PM

been watching all the build up on Sky and ITV. Pennant has blabbed and said he is playing on the right. Redknapp reckons SG behind free role behind Kuyt with Masc & Alonso taking care of Kitten and Kaka in the middle.

Forza Liverpool. Cin. Cin.

NAF 23 May 2007 06:44 AM

COME ON YOU REDSSSSS !!!!!!!! :D

Reality 23 May 2007 08:22 AM

Liverpool 2-0.

:thumb:

Neverguess 23 May 2007 10:37 AM

Backing the Reds tonight :thumb:

ash1 23 May 2007 01:17 PM

Lets all get behind Britains most successful club and the best fans in the world. In confident mood. Cmon Red Men.

Played out the Liverpool vs AC Milan on the xbox, went to 2-2 after extra time (Milan late goal from Gilardinho). We won on penalties.

STi wanna Subaru 23 May 2007 02:28 PM

You found a cafe in Athens to post from ash? Good work!

STi wanna Subaru 23 May 2007 04:06 PM

You'd think they'd have other things to think about :rolleyes:

Sky News Pictures - Athens Turns Red

pauld37 23 May 2007 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6950936)
You found a cafe in Athens to post from ash? Good work!

:lol1: :notworthy

pauld37 23 May 2007 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 6950759)
Played out the Liverpool vs AC Milan on the xbox, went to 2-2 after extra time (Milan late goal from Gilardinho). We won on penalties.

Saddo or what? :cuckoo:

richie001 23 May 2007 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6951244)
You'd think they'd have other things to think about :rolleyes:

Sky News Pictures - Athens Turns Red

Burning Man Usa shirts how sad is that :cuckoo:

well done on your 5000th post paul :luxhello: :thumb:

richie001 23 May 2007 05:29 PM

[quote=NAF;6949413]God the bitterness and jealousy in here !!! :rolleyes: lol :D
My starting line up almost same as yours ash ..

No Alonso , SG in d middle , Pennant on the right[/quote

i will admit to being a little bit jealous and i would swap Chelsea's Fa cup and Carling cup wins just to be in the final