ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Vectra 2.0 di fuel pump how much? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/607011-vectra-2-0-di-fuel-pump-how-much.html)

kingofturds 18 May 2007 07:52 PM

Vectra 2.0 di fuel pump how much?

Just got home from work this evening and had a call from the local garage saying that the car needs a new fuel pump and incuding labour thats going to come to 950 quid:eek: had a look on the net and cant seem to find a price for one, but 800 quid surely he is yanking my chain here? the car is only worth 1k tops.

B0DSKI 18 May 2007 08:08 PM

Sounds like they're taking the P1ss to me, surely a fuel pumps not a difficult or expensive job to replace on any common car like a Vectra???

kingofturds 18 May 2007 08:19 PM

Thats what I thought, although im not to good on these new diesels:wonder:

The Zohan 19 May 2007 09:18 AM

The newish diesels run very high pressures, may be right. I would call you local Vauxhall stearlship anc check, also hunt around for a recon or one in a breakers.

scoobynewbie72 19 May 2007 09:39 AM

Sounds right im affraid for a stealer, Ive got a CDX estate sat outside for that exact reason, not many garages even know what there doing with these Pumps so make sure garage is a Bosch diesel pump expert,
The Derv Doctor does recons with 12month warrenty for about 600 inc vat,
as the post above its a High and low pressure pump as is sucks the fuel from your tank then ditributes(sp), a Bosch dealer may be able to repair.
hth
Brett

B0DSKI 19 May 2007 09:44 AM

Might be worth giving Colchester fuel injection a ring on 01206 862049 they are Bosch diesel experts, they might be able to help

corsaklillerz 20 May 2007 03:05 AM

Picked her up today and she drove home fine like there was not a problem in the world!

ru' 20 May 2007 07:26 AM

You, entering shop "Good morning sir, I really need a fuel pump for a Vectra 2.0 di"

Shop Assistant "Hmm, make it £500 on top and you've got yourself a swap!"

:D (the old ones are the best!)

The Zohan 20 May 2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by corsaklillerz (Post 6942272)
Picked her up today and she drove home fine like there was not a problem in the world!

???

CharlesW 20 May 2007 04:12 PM

The fuel injection pump on my daughters 2.0 DI Astra failed recently. Vauxhall dealer quoted 2,600 notes! :eek: Do you want to go ahead sir? Not bl**dy likely. That's more than the car's worth.

Anyway got a reconditioned one with 1 year warranty from Diesel Bob for 599 notes.

Diesel Bob Tuning - The ultimate diesel engine tuning as well as a diesel fuel injection service. Repairs and reconditioning of injectors and diesel pumps, suppliers of diesel fuel system parts and additives

So your local garage aren't ripping you off. Changing the pump is a bit of b*ggar, so the labour costs will be high.

kingofturds 21 May 2007 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by CharlesW (Post 6943155)
The fuel injection pump on my daughters 2.0 DI Astra failed recently. Vauxhall dealer quoted 2,600 notes! :eek: Do you want to go ahead sir? Not bl**dy likely. That's more than the car's worth.

Anyway got a reconditioned one with 1 year warranty from Diesel Bob for 599 notes.

Diesel Bob Tuning - The ultimate diesel engine tuning as well as a diesel fuel injection service. Repairs and reconditioning of injectors and diesel pumps, suppliers of diesel fuel system parts and additives

So your local garage aren't ripping you off. Changing the pump is a bit of b*ggar, so the labour costs will be high.

:eek: Car only cost me just under a grand, and I have just spent over 1200 on the scoob , so I wont be paying that, looks like the best option is the car auctions and let some sucker take it off my hands:thumb:

tronlc 26 June 2007 03:22 PM

Dont the pumps need to be "programmed" to the car? Rather than just bolt it on and away?

kingofturds 26 June 2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tronlc (Post 7054445)
Dont the pumps need to be "programmed" to the car? Rather than just bolt it on and away?

Think the vauxhall garage said something along those lines. It ran fine for 2 weeks,even managed a 200 mile trip no problems, then started playing up again:( been sat on the drive for 2 weeks atm have not got time for it.

tronlc 27 June 2007 05:15 PM

So those companies that refurb the pump for you just send it then you have to take it to a dealer to get it programmed to the car?