ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Has Blair Been The Small Investor's Friend? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/606993-has-blair-been-the-small-investors-friend.html)

pslewis 18 May 2007 07:03 PM

Has Blair Been The Small Investor's Friend?

Tony Blair pledged "an end to boom and bust" and this is one promise he's kept. New Labour has not just avoided recession, the economy has shown growth in every quarter of the Prime Minister's tenure. Inflation has been spirit-level steady until this year.

You lucky shareholders have been rewarded with a 94% rise or 6.9% PA!!

Quite an achievement.....

Full article here:-

Has Blair Been The Small Investor's Friend? - 17/05/2007

SWRTWannabe 18 May 2007 07:55 PM

That is a disgusting piece of discrimination. Why should diminutive investors have it better than taller ones? ;)

pslewis 18 May 2007 08:10 PM

Oh God - now I'll get an Infraction for attacking 'small' people!! :lol1: :lol1:

AND another for bringing the reliability of the Infraction System into question!! :lol1: :lol1:

Charley Horse 18 May 2007 08:45 PM

:sleep:

bluto22b 18 May 2007 08:50 PM

Have to agree even though I have been a conservative for my entire life. Inflation has been rock steady, steady growth, and house prices have certainly gone in my favour owning two properties :norty:

Pity Blair has stood down as his policies were spot on. I am a little apprehensive about working class Brown though I feel he may lead Labour back into the dark ages of spend spend spend and the winter of discontent.

Anyone remember the days of Calaghan? :rolleyes:

Smiler 18 May 2007 09:02 PM

:wonder: Labour took over a very strong economy from the Tories.

Gordon Brown has created a very large hole in the financial staus of the Country.

Boom and bust hasn't happened? Only because of the BTL market, otherwise you would of had the housing crash ages ago. BTL is nothing to do with Labour.

Now this bafoon will be running the Country:eek:

bluto22b 18 May 2007 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Smiler (Post 6939042)

Now this bafoon will be running the Country:eek:

I share you anxiety ;)

pslewis 18 May 2007 11:09 PM

Of course, the impossible may happen ...... one of the best leaders of modern times (Tony Blair) may end up being followed by another great leader (Gordon Brown)?

I doubt it, but Brown has spoken some sense over the last few days.

unclebuck 18 May 2007 11:13 PM

tum, tee, tum....

Like a true junkie he just can't stop....

:lol1:

john banks 18 May 2007 11:33 PM

It is a great debt mountain that has been built publically and privately. It has gone on so long by moving the goalposts on inflation (CPI and replacing basic items with cheap Chinese imports spring to mind) and keeping interest rates too low for too long. Now the inflation and bust chickens will come home to roost. Rather than building in some reserves into the public finances during a long bull market, we've incurred more debts. The housing boom has simply transferred the "wealth" from new subprime debt taken on by the younger generation and transferred it to the old.

pslewis 18 May 2007 11:39 PM

Boom or Bust I will do very nicely - because I can move and take chances as they present themselves.

Rather than moaning. I feather my nest :thumb:

Boom - you can cash in on the right markets.

Bust - you can cash in on cheaper properties and goods.

You have got to be intelligent - but, every government can be good if you play to your strengths.

Above all, never wait for others (the Government) to help you - everyone needs to help themselves!

unclebuck 19 May 2007 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6939666)
Boom or Bust I will do very nicely - because I'm on benefits as a retarded cripple after I was sacked from Morrisons for failing to meet my trolley collection targets

edited for accuracy... :thumb:

B-B 19 May 2007 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6939761)
edited for accuracy... :thumb:

HA HA HA

pslewis 19 May 2007 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by B-B (Post 6939765)
HA HA HA

Don't encourage the imbicile called UB :lol1:

unclebuck 19 May 2007 12:20 AM

Only an imbecile would spell imbecile like that.

:iamwithst :lol1:

pslewis 19 May 2007 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6939778)
Only an imbecile would spell imbecile like that.

:iamwithst :lol1:

I simply threw you a lead-in ...........

B-B 19 May 2007 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6939781)
I simply threw you a lead-in ...........

Nah he got you!!

unclebuck 19 May 2007 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by B-B (Post 6939786)
Nah he got you!!

:D :thumb:

It's like taking candy from a baby....

pslewis 19 May 2007 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6939801)

It's just B-Bs way of chatting me up ........... don't get too excited ;)

B-B 19 May 2007 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6939801)

Yep - but you still gotta take it!! :lol1:

B-B 19 May 2007 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6939804)
It's just B-Bs way of chatting me up ........... don't get too excited ;)

I thought you were chatting me up! :lol1:

john banks 19 May 2007 10:14 AM

Agree with you pslewis on making gains in either type of market. That is why I've converted debt to savings and enjoyed gains from various asset classes through this bull period. Doesn't forgive this government's tax raids and drag on tax allowances. Compare the allowances for PEPs compared with average incomes and the present ISA allowances, and we won't start on stealth taxes. The government have just taken on more debt and slack monetary policy has encouraged many of the public to do the same.

I see X5s sitting outside crappy houses (that cost a fortune) being sold cheap.

Leslie 19 May 2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6939537)
Of course, the impossible may happen ...... one of the best leaders of modern times (Tony Blair) may end up being followed by another great leader (Gordon Brown)?

I doubt it, but Brown has spoken some sense over the last few days.

PSL,

I have asked you before but you will not give us an answer. Why did Flash feel the need to flog off half of the gold reserves at the lowest possible price thus losing some £2 billion of our country's money?

The technicoloured chameleon seems to have ignored the chance to ask why he did this, no guts perhap's, but it seems to me a very significant question. If our economy is as solid as you say, why should he have to do this?

Your are an NL expert or so you would have us believe-please put us out of our misery over this!

Les