ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A success in Afghanistan! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/605838-a-success-in-afghanistan.html)

Prasius 14 May 2007 07:48 PM

A success in Afghanistan!

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed this buried deeply in the news of the day..

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Afghan Taleban commander killed

Not that I want to accuse the UK's press of being a bunch of liberal, biased scumbags..

:wonder:

Oh.. thats right, I do! I'm amazed the BBC hasn't described him as a "disinfrancised Afghan Community leader brutally murdered by the Zionist US-led opression of the islamic people" ;)

Mullah Dudullah Lang was a major Taliban commander, not only in Southern Afghanistan, but had a massive amount of influence extending throughout the Taliban command structure.

But who cares right? I mean - Chris Tarrent was arrested for a non-assualt. :rolleyes:

andythejock01wrx 14 May 2007 11:57 PM

It's good news, although we can only "win" by gaining the support of the Afghan people, ie reducing the Taleban base support.

MJW 15 May 2007 08:21 AM

Someone else will just take his place ..
.. also only a small amount of column inches was given to the 45 people killed in a truck bombing in the northern Iraqi town of Makhmur ; such a common occurrence these days its hardly worth reporting.

Leslie 15 May 2007 11:46 AM

It was featured on Newsnight.

Les

Prasius 15 May 2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MJW (Post 6925826)
Someone else will just take his place ..

Not quite as simple as that. Organisationally, yes, someone will, but MDL had something of a personality cult around him.

As for the truck bomb - Iraqi's killing Iraqis. If it doesn't make British or US forces look bad they're not interested.

turboman786 15 May 2007 05:09 PM

The 'coalition' will never win.

Why? Becuase these are Afghans, they will never allow themselves to be occupied, as history has confirmed so many times before...

I mean surely the US and UK with all its might B52 bobmers, sattelite technology, carpet bomobing etc., is looking a little silly after 6 years of not being able to beat a rag tag army armed with grenades and AK47s!!

Sadly the invasion was another misconceived Bush/Blair initiative.

The Trooper 1815 15 May 2007 05:21 PM

:lol:

Equipped by Iran, using some seriously hi tech kit from Russia, trained in Pakistan (like the 7/7 bombers, high quality Britsih citizens one and all, not) and Syria and killing British people. But, you have never been there and would probably **** your pants at the mention of hard work or defending YOUR, the UK, country:mad:

Prasius 15 May 2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by turboman786 (Post 6927717)
The 'coalition' will never win.

Why? Becuase these are Afghans, they will never allow themselves to be occupied, as history has confirmed so many times before...

I mean surely the US and UK with all its might B52 bobmers, sattelite technology, carpet bomobing etc., is looking a little silly after 6 years of not being able to beat a rag tag army armed with grenades and AK47s!!

Sadly the invasion was another misconceived Bush/Blair initiative.

...and please witness the result of our liberal media who is at pains to publicise any success by the Armed Forces. :rolleyes:

If you actually knew anything about the current situation in Afghanistan you wouldn't use the "Becuase these are Afghans, they will never allow themselves to be occupied"; but thats hardly your fault with the nonsense "news" that leaves the country.

Jamie 15 May 2007 07:32 PM

It was good news last week :)