ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hangover Cures..................? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/605681-hangover-cures.html)

hail-hail 14 May 2007 09:48 AM

Hangover Cures..................?

Off to Magaluf this weekend for a stag. 20 of us, so babes beware :D

Anyway, on a more realistic note i am 33 and happy to accept that I am no longer the drinking machine that i was in my youth.

So what are your best hangover cures? I currently try and drink loads of water before going to sleep, but this is easy enough to forget when bloutered.

All cures welcome.................

Scoobychick 14 May 2007 09:53 AM

I've found that RU21 helps but you have to remember to take them which isn't easy when you're pished :D

paulr 14 May 2007 09:54 AM

Thats what i used to do. Alcohol is a poison so to combat that the body tries to dilute it therefore drains the body of water. Drinking water helps combat this effect.

SiPie 14 May 2007 09:56 AM

Water and 1000mg of vitamin C just before bed....

Or if you forget to do that before bed .... exercise to sweat it out and a full scottish breakfast with a bottle of Irn-Bru :thumb:

hail-hail 14 May 2007 10:00 AM

:D Irn-Bru definatly works for me, but my stomach has to be open for business, and some mornings it just isn't :D, especially after a couple of days of all-inclusive burgers, crap beer and cheap spirits.

TelBoy 14 May 2007 10:05 AM

More beer :thumb:

hail-hail 14 May 2007 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 6922840)
More beer :thumb:

Please don't, I am getting upset just thinking about it.

Onan The Barbarian 14 May 2007 10:33 AM

Go to your Chemist before you go and buy some Dioralyte. It's oral rehydration solution that is really meant for when you have Diarrhoea :)

If I have any in I neck one lot before I go to bed and another one when I get up :thumb:

The only downer is that mixing it's a bit of a chore when you're mullered and you can't prepare it before you go out :mad:

Paul3446 14 May 2007 10:38 AM

Only drink clear liquids, ie: vodka all night.

If you have to drink beer, then drink only beer and nothing else.

plenty of water before bed, maybe even a pinto water halfway through evening too!

Cocker 14 May 2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 6922908)
maybe even a pinto water halfway through evening too!

And get absolutley cained by your mates for being a girl

djuk 14 May 2007 10:43 AM

The one and only solution which works for me every single time is lots of water and a big, dripping, greasy sausage and bacon sandwich covered in tomato sauce first thing in the morning :D

wrx-kris 14 May 2007 10:52 AM

have a big meal before you start drinking, then neck as much water as poss before you go bed....

letting your hangover kick in before you go to bed works too :D

hail-hail 14 May 2007 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Onan The Barbarian (Post 6922900)
Go to your Chemist before you go and buy some Dioralyte. It's oral rehydration solution that is really meant for when you have Diarrhoea :)

If I have any in I neck one lot before I go to bed and another one when I get up :thumb:

The only downer is that mixing it's a bit of a chore when you're mullered and you can't prepare it before you go out :mad:

excellent, got some of this in the house from when the little un wasn;t too well, will get it packed :D

hail-hail 14 May 2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cocker (Post 6922918)
And get absolutley cained by your mates for being a girl

I already have my line rehearsed.........

"Look, I am 33 years old and if I want a bottle of insert expletive water, then I will have a bottle of insert expletive water!"

Holy Ghost 14 May 2007 11:16 AM

after years of field research and sometimes disastrous trial and error ... stagging is all about pace and on-the-job maintenance!

- have a 'pitstop pinta' of water every fourth drink. you'll be pi55ing for england after you break the seal but you'll stay hydrated and reasonably together.

- pint of water before bed if you can remember but deffo x2 nurofen. will stop a hangover dead in its tracks before it even develops. if you're really REALLY stinko, just take the nurofen as you may suffer an unwanted nocturnal bladder incident otherwise because you're comatose.

- couple of pints of water and a banana for breakfast (buy a bunch when you arrive and stick it in the mini-bar to keep cool). while you might crave a greasy spoon, a nana will sort you out with slow-release sugar and settle your stomach better than anything else. save the full english for lunchtime.

- smile smugly next day as you tackle a bloody mary sharpener and your fellow staggers are dying on their feet. keep up your water intake and you'll be cruising ...

GazTheHat 14 May 2007 12:17 PM

Isn't cranberry juice supposed to help?

I hate the water idea, as you just keep getting up in the night/morning. So feel more knackered than just a hangover.

My cure, was to stop. It's Becks Blue for me. :rolleyes: :cry:

MJW 14 May 2007 12:22 PM

Don't mix your drinks. Last stag weekend I went on I just drank vodka from 10am till 4am and was ok hangover-wise. Couldn't walk like, but there you go ! Also stay away from cocaine and amphetamines as they will convince your body that you're not pissed when in fact, you're hammered.