ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Have you ever spoken to me ? Virgin media ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/605391-have-you-ever-spoken-to-me-virgin-media.html)

auto scooby 18 May 2007 02:47 PM

So,

Say I go a bit bezerk on a torrent site, and fill my 3gb boots during the day, when would the shaping begin and how long would it last for.

Thanks for the customer service by the way !!

Dr Hu 18 May 2007 03:02 PM

Its ADSL mate and Virgin.net the merge made no difference to them, get out ASAP mate!!
So your backing up what I thought - they have no thought for a badly overloaded ADSL backbone

Do I have any grounds to get out of the 12 month contract they foisted on me, from the 3 month one it was when it was Virgin, due to to piss poor performance - not fit for purpose......?

InvisibleMan 18 May 2007 03:32 PM

i see virgin staff morale is high...

pimmo2000 19 May 2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan (Post 6937815)
i see virgin staff morale is high...

See the problem is we're being force to support a network the higher levels are just forcing more and more people onto.

I'd like to see you leave work smiling when you've spent the day promising angry customers that you'll sort it when in fact you know (although you try) its not going to get better cause the people at the top dont care.

As for the limit, if you go over 3gb on a 10mb connection between 4pm and 12 you get a 4 hour limit of 5mb ! if you go over at 11:59 you still get 4 hour limit

Sonic' 19 May 2007 12:48 AM

Pimmo got your email, not had chance to reply yet, been a very busy day today, will reply sometime over the weekend though :)

We have been having a few major problems with some of our customers, and Telewest are saying most of it is down to BT, now we are an ISP and get all our feeds from Telewest, and provide a few leased lines back to us, and a high number of Radio feeds either to or from Billinge, think that is now 100mb too :)

It is going to be insteresting how this will pan out, or even if the business side will be affected, some of our lines are contented some are uncontended, but we have had threats of legal action against Telewest today as Telewest service has been down for two days to one customers office :eek:

Sonic' 19 May 2007 12:18 PM

Apples, was that someone from Pakistan or India that you were speaking to yesterday ?

apples24 19 May 2007 01:03 PM

havent got a clue it was the wife speaking to her, but she was awfull, i mean real bad, the wife just couldnt believe it she held the phone in the air on handsfree so we could all listen to what she was shouting, glad we left them to be honest, well i say left were just ending our 30 day notice thingy, got sky package now and its great

pimmo2000 19 May 2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by apples24 (Post 6940507)
havent got a clue it was the wife speaking to her, but she was awfull, i mean real bad, the wife just couldnt believe it she held the phone in the air on handsfree so we could all listen to what she was shouting, glad we left them to be honest, well i say left were just ending our 30 day notice thingy, got sky package now and its great

there is a log on your account, you should have complained !

apples24 19 May 2007 02:13 PM

service is useless we cancelled our full account weeks ago or gave notice so to speak, weeks ago we called they had no recollection atall useless, so we cancelled again, then called them last week and the broadband hadnt been cancelled so wife had a moan again, bare in mind this is costing us money on our bt landline as ntl landline ended a week or so back, so weve cancelled all direct debits and when they call us to complain we will put them straight