ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Exact mods needed to run TD05 16g?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/604005-exact-mods-needed-to-run-td05-16g.html)

steve0 07 May 2007 04:43 PM

Exact mods needed to run TD05 16g??

My MY99 Turbo 2000 needs a new turbo, so im gunna get a TD05 16g.

What I need to know is; what exact mods are NEEDED to run this turbo efficiently??

My car currently has;-

Full Ninja System & Decat
Green Panel Filter
Forged Pistons
Billet Rods
Uprated Fuel Pump
Uprated Oil Pump
Standard Intercooler and headers

Could I run it with just those, a 4bar FPR and a remap?? And what sort'a power is achieveable?

Cheers

silent running 07 May 2007 05:39 PM

Better TMIC or a FMIC definitely. Bigger injectors maybe.

steve0 07 May 2007 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by silent running (Post 6902607)
Better TMIC or a FMIC definitely. Bigger injectors maybe.

Right. I have been informed the injectors are ok, as the FPR will adjust the fuelling.

New_scooby_04 07 May 2007 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by steve0 (Post 6902468)
My MY99 Turbo 2000 needs a new turbo, so im gunna get a TD05 16g.

What I need to know is; what exact mods are NEEDED to run this turbo efficiently??

My car currently has;-

Full Ninja System & Decat
Green Panel Filter
Forged Pistons
Billet Rods
Uprated Fuel Pump
Uprated Oil Pump
Standard Intercooler and headers

Could I run it with just those, a 4bar FPR and a remap?? And what sort'a power is achieveable?

Cheers

3 port boost soleniod would be a very good idea; allows much finer boost control.

Ported and wrapped headers would also help with the spool up (which will be signifcantly slower than the Std TD04)

Ns04

movi-star 07 May 2007 07:04 PM

You could just stick the 16g on and get a remap and it will be fine, perhaps change the Y-pipe under the intercooler to the alloy one. One thing that may need changing after you fit the turbo is the gearbox, mine lasted 27 days before it went bang. Depends on the mileage of your current box.

steve0 08 May 2007 02:13 PM

Yeah, I had a feeling the gearbox would be the next thing to go!!

Any idea of a rough power figure with just those mods then and the 16g?

I forgot to mention, there will be a 3 port boost solenoid fitted when it is mapped aswell!

borat52 08 May 2007 02:29 PM

Well all pre 1996 saloons came as standard with a 16g, with a small top mount, 380cc injectors ect, so just bolting it on and mapping will bring good gains. Standard top mount and injectors are fine to about 300bhp. Ported and wrapped headers are a good idea as has been said but nothing major needs changing. You should be getting a genuine 300bhp with these mods with enough boost, maybe slightly more. You may also be lucky with your gearbox so dont write it off.

steve0 08 May 2007 03:47 PM

Absolutely spot on that mate, cheers!

And I can always get the map slightly altered, when I have enough money for other mods.