ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Scooby Clinic reviews please (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/603445-scooby-clinic-reviews-please.html)

Ste1711 04 May 2007 10:48 PM

Scooby Clinic reviews please

Has anyone (I'm sure there is) been to scooy clinic in Chesterfield to have any work done on there subaru?

I'm planning on taking my P1 up for a new turbo(VF34), a new fuel pump and a remapping, all in all about 1800 english euros!

Don't wana be splashing out if they are, how do I say it, sh*t!!!!

Any feedback would be most welcomed. :)

wrx-kris 04 May 2007 10:49 PM

i heard they are very good mate :)

richiewong 04 May 2007 10:54 PM

You'll probably find they are one of the most respected and well trusted tuners around.

fl6 04 May 2007 10:57 PM

ask the members from the wyioc one of us work's there :thumb:

scoobchrissy 04 May 2007 11:33 PM

Top lads :thumb:

new boy 04 May 2007 11:39 PM

good lads
:)

ads from hull

Daft Lad 04 May 2007 11:54 PM

Click on 'search' and type their name in mate, the results will speak for themself :thumb: Wouldn't trust anyone else with my car :)

satanbaby 05 May 2007 12:20 AM

am off down there tomz morning sat. check up on my car see how its getting on its been down there 2 weeks missing it now :brickwall

it had a new turbo and a rebuild about less than 2k miles ago but then a valve collet popped off and ended up in the sump.

i also need a remap gonna see how things are getting on.
i might get a remap from there n some other bits n bats done just to tidy up the car.

all lads i know who have scoobys and my close mates use them. the owner man called kev his been very helpful each time.

if you own a scooby it will prob become your 2nd home lol.

haroldhettaturbo 05 May 2007 12:35 AM

Got nothing but respect for the lads.

Kev is the owner who is always busy as hell but finds time to chat to u.

Adam is mad as a hatter, top lad. Can often be seen running from customer - customer.

When i had mine rr andy the mapper was sound looked after our cars (Group rr day) and gave some sound advice on what to do nxt.

My m8ts bug eye is having a remap on the 17th and mines going sometime this year.

Hope this helps
Dave

Dr.P 05 May 2007 05:48 AM

I've said it on other threads they are the only people who should be aloud to look at scoob's. A top bunch and they really know what there talking about.:thumb:

reano 05 May 2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.P (Post 6896707)
I've said it on other threads they are the only people who should be aloud to look at scoob's. A top bunch and they really know what there talking about.:thumb:

Don't agree they are the 'only' ones!!! But they are good had plenty of work (many thousands spent there) done.
  • In my opinion they are joint equal with Powerstation. Powerstation I think win on mapping and handling mods. Also of course Powerstation winning the Tuner GP speaks for itself. Scoobyclinic on variety (e.g. you can get more work done all in one go there), Transmission, engine, bodywork and friendliness.
  • Then next TSL
  • Then WRC TECH (their website not going anymore).
I have spent in excess of £1000 at each place and so have a good idea (based on my own car)

Lord Bass 05 May 2007 08:49 AM

If your in stockport why dont you go to Prosport as they're local and always offer excellent service do a search you won't be dissapointed.

Prosport - 0161 4329999 - service@prosport.ltd.uk

SC008Y_MAD 05 May 2007 09:44 AM

The best bunch of lads you could possibly know and trust with your car.

It take me a good 1hr 45 mins to drive to Chesterfield. I don't think I would be doing that If I did not this they were worth it.

monkeyboy840 05 May 2007 10:34 AM

had my rear sti 8 spolier put on there (mine cars the second picture on the website)

good lads there very helpful

found them too expensive for my engine upgrade though so I went to API Engines

Welcome to the API website and got the same upgrade for £700 cheaper. (The 330bhp upgrade on an 03 WRX)

Plus APi put me ported and wrapped headers on the car ontop of scoobyclinics package.:norty:

Up to you though its your car go where you feel happy.

JAKbauer24 11 May 2007 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by fl6 (Post 6896145)
ask the members from the wyioc one of us work's there :thumb:

That I do ..... :D

honestly top set of lads been a customer for 3 yrs and i like it so much i work here now :)

Tidgy 11 May 2007 12:52 PM

spent a fortune there, just had my gearbox replaced witha straight cut ppg gearset :), and how sexy does it sound lol

had front end resprayed and braided lines put in amongst other things, worked out cheaper for the lot when API was just the gearbox on its own, so tis swings and roundabouts.

juggers 11 May 2007 01:18 PM

Had my map done by SC and a few other bits and bobs and they did a sound job,but if your in stockpot you can get top notch service from Pete at prosport it's just off didsbury road behind the parrswood complex.

classic Subaru Si 11 May 2007 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ste1711 (Post 6896113)
Has anyone (I'm sure there is) been to scooy clinic in Chesterfield to have any work done on there subaru?

I'm planning on taking my P1 up for a new turbo(VF34), a new fuel pump and a remapping, all in all about 1800 english euros!

Don't wana be splashing out if they are, how do I say it, sh*t!!!!

Any feedback would be most welcomed. :)

I've heard they are the dogs mate, gonna be going there soon myself for a remap! P.S. was that you I seen the other day on Marple rd??