ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Got some goodies delivered today (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/603011-got-some-goodies-delivered-today.html)

V4JDMSTi 02 May 2007 10:55 PM

Got some goodies delivered today

Well as most of you know i'm on the hunt for another scooby. So knowing it will be a classic, I've started to get some bits together for the new one. So far I have:

Left over from the last one:

my02 intercooler
equal length headers
ngk pf7b

Today I had delivered:

Front sti upper strut brace
Rear sti upper strut brace

On Friday I will have the following delivered:

Rear lower strut brace

On order:

Intercooler deflector from you know who ;)

To come (when i've seen the ones i want):

Wheels (dependant on the car i get)
4 point harnesses
roll cage
a few other goodies :D

So watch this space.

joey_turbo 02 May 2007 10:57 PM

That would do my head in. Having all those goodies, but nothing to put them on.
Good luck with the Scoob search.

V4JDMSTi 02 May 2007 11:00 PM

:lol1: have got a scooby to go and look at at the weekend. been waiting to hear about this one for a while. the guy works odd hours as he's a chauffer. still should be getting to see it on saturday afternoon. i can't wait.

i know what you mean, itching to get my hands on another scooby so i can put all the parts on.

frayz 02 May 2007 11:15 PM

LOL

I started buying scooby bits before the cossie got sold ha ha :D

joey_turbo 02 May 2007 11:15 PM

What if you buy one, and it all ready has all these parts + more?

solosteve 02 May 2007 11:16 PM

good luck with the viewin on saturday,

being with-out one is hard work i know,
i lasted a week,

that was better then the fags and beers,
that only lasted a evening..:norty:

:thumb:

wrx_yank 02 May 2007 11:27 PM

sweet!

V4JDMSTi 03 May 2007 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 6890447)
LOL

I started buying scooby bits before the cossie got sold ha ha :D

:lol1: got to be done hasn't it. one thing i can't buy before i get the car is a 4 wheel alignment at mocoms :)

V4JDMSTi 03 May 2007 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 6890451)
What if you buy one, and it all ready has all these parts + more?

looking around for a bit of a black canvas so shouldn't be too much of a problem. i can always sell on what i don't use. I've managed to get stuff at pretty good prices so may even be able to make a slight profit. :D

V4JDMSTi 03 May 2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by solosteve (Post 6890456)
good luck with the viewin on saturday,

being with-out one is hard work i know,
i lasted a week,

that was better then the fags and beers,
that only lasted a evening..:norty:

:thumb:

:lol:

V4JDMSTi 03 May 2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by wrx_yank (Post 6890489)
sweet!

oh yes!

just need to work out how to get a roll cage delivered from the states for a resonable price ;)

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 10:37 AM

Just took delivery of the lower rear strut brace and should be getting the intercooler deflector tomorrow night :D

plus last night i found a brand new oil filter and a full unopend bottle of silkolene pro s 10w 50 in my shed :D

will be ordering the harnesses today. not 100% sure what to go for yet, 3 or 4 point?

wongy 04 May 2007 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 6893789)
Just took delivery of the lower rear strut brace and should be getting the intercooler deflector tomorrow night :D

plus last night i found a brand new oil filter and a full unopend bottle of silkolene pro s 10w 50 in my shed :D

will be ordering the harnesses today. not 100% sure what to go for yet, 3 or 4 point?

go for the 4 point ones :thumb:

Cornelius 04 May 2007 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 6890390)
Well as most of you know i'm on the hunt for another scooby. So knowing it will be a classic, I've started to get some bits together for the new one. So far I have:

Left over from the last one:

my02 intercooler
equal length headers
ngk pf7b

Today I had delivered:

Front sti upper strut brace
Rear sti upper strut brace

On Friday I will have the following delivered:

Rear lower strut brace

On order:

Intercooler deflector from you know who ;)

To come (when i've seen the ones i want):

Wheels (dependant on the car i get)
4 point harnesses
roll cage
a few other goodies :D

So watch this space.

:norty: If you're getting an induction kit, I might be able to make up an aluminium (6mm) heat shield/air dam for it;)

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 02:42 PM

wongy - yup leaning towards the 4 point :thumb:

Cornelius - mmmm. sounds interesting. I am tempted by an induction kit this time. Just a bit worried about it killing the maf? How much £?

Cornelius 04 May 2007 04:14 PM

They do have a reputation for killing MAF's newage are more prone.

The ECU needs to be mapped for an induction kit as t wil make the car run lean, so more fueling is needed.

I've had various induction kits on my car for over 3 years now and it;s still the original MAF (Touch wood!)

I'll do the air dam for £10 unfortuantely, haven't got much ally left to make many, maybe enough for 2

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 04:33 PM

what about if it's an early classic with self learning ecu? think it will be ok then?

am very tempted. have seen blitz are doing dry cotton induction kits now for about £80.
.............. go on i'll have one. :D roll cage can always wait and i'll get a scooby ecu.

the heat shield will be another nice custom touch for the new impreza. shall i pick it up the same time as the intercooler deflector. will save you taking mine to posers tomorrow night. i'm in no rush as i've still not got the impreza yet :lol1:

just thinking what else you could make for me? ;)

Cornelius 04 May 2007 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 6894791)
what about if it's an early classic with self learning ecu? think it will be ok then?

am very tempted. have seen blitz are doing dry cotton induction kits now for about £80.
.............. go on i'll have one. :D roll cage can always wait and i'll get a scooby ecu.

the heat shield will be another nice custom touch for the new impreza. shall i pick it up the same time as the intercooler deflector. will save you taking mine to posers tomorrow night. i'm in no rush as i've still not got the impreza yet :lol1:

just thinking what else you could make for me? ;)

I'll take a few measurements from my scoob and make one up tonight mate, you can have both for the Posers if you want;)

I've got a few projects on the go at the moment, not saying what the main one is yet as it's not finished but is looking good so far and lets put it this way - It's VERY beneficial for modded scoobies;)

I can also make a I/C water spray, John1UK has got the prototype on his car, but am looking into making it fully automatic

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 05:10 PM

if you manage to get it done that'd be great. But don't worry if not. i'm not in a rush for it.

this main projects sounds intriguing. do i need to keep a few £ aside? ;)

the ra i'm looking at tomorrow has the button push water spray, but i had thought about trying to get it made so it'll work automatically. keep me posted as if i don't get the ra and end up with one without the water spray, i'll be wanting a kit put together. :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 05:15 PM

oh forgot to say, i ordered 90 meters of exhaust wrap earlier :D. bargain price too, £42 :D the place that i'm getting it from is only just around the corner to me so i managed to save on postage too. will go and pick it up next week.

will be fun wrapping the headers, downpipe, centre section and up to the back box :lol1:

although still not ordered the harnesses as i can;t make up my mind what ones i want :lol1: they will be 4 point. i've got that far. just can't deceide on a make.

Mark_B4 04 May 2007 05:31 PM

Matt,

:wonder: Have you actually got a new scooby yet???

V4JDMSTi 04 May 2007 05:37 PM

er, nope. :lol1: i just know it will be an early classic so am buying a few goodies for one. :D

i should be going to see one tomorrow that i've had my eye on for a while. providing it's all ok, i will be coming home with it :D or at least having put a deposit down on it.

Milamber 04 May 2007 07:23 PM

will you have them fitted in time for Brighton though?

Cornelius 05 May 2007 02:53 AM

air dam made and ready;)

SirFozzalot 05 May 2007 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 6894747)
They do have a reputation for killing MAF's newage are more prone.

I thought it was the other way round :wonder:

I thought classics were more prone to knackering the MAF with an induction kit.

V4JDMSTi 05 May 2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 6895229)
will you have them fitted in time for Brighton though?

I hope so :thumb:

Put a deposit on a red type ra today :D bit of a bargain :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 May 2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius (Post 6896694)
air dam made and ready;)

:luxhello: see you at tescos. will pop up to pay and collect :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 May 2007 08:41 PM

cheers cornelius for the parts. few more bits for me to put on now :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 May 2007 08:46 PM

here it is :luxhello: won't be looking like this for long though :lol1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...newscooby1.jpg

note the important badge on the back under the offside light :norty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...newscooby2.jpg