ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Number plates are these legal???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/600659-number-plates-are-these-legal.html)

clsbscooby 23 April 2007 10:32 AM

Number plates are these legal????

I need new plates as one has cracked. i want the scooby badge on the left hand side instead of european one. will this be road legal or a fancy plate track only?

Help??????????:wonder:

little rick 23 April 2007 10:54 AM

As long as the text size and font are 'normal' there shouldn't be a problem as there would be no issue with identifying the number plate

If its just a symbol on the side (Like the GB on euro plates) then it should be legal - as long as the symbol is not offensive

stressymare 23 April 2007 11:10 AM

Claire

do you care ????

mine are not legal as the spacing is wrong
i dont care lol

:)

clsbscooby 23 April 2007 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by stressymare (Post 6860532)
Claire

do you care ????

mine are not legal as the spacing is wrong
i dont care lol

:)

Will let the police know!!!:lol1:

hey have you done that on purpose so that the young attractive constabularly of Cheshire will stop you?????

i don't want any more points!!!

clsbscooby 23 April 2007 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by little rick (Post 6860489)
As long as the text size and font are 'normal' there shouldn't be a problem as there would be no issue with identifying the number plate

If its just a symbol on the side (Like the GB on euro plates) then it should be legal - as long as the symbol is not offensive

thanks. mmmm :wonder: :wonder: not offensive he says Liz!!!!

Martin-STI 23 April 2007 03:39 PM

With Subaru badge they are Illigal.

But 99% of Police wont stop you as long as spacing and size is normal.

clsbscooby 23 April 2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Martin-STI (Post 6861403)

Guess i will have to be illegal !! i will be going too fast they won't notice!:)

cw42 24 April 2007 01:52 AM

And there was me thinking of inviting a traffic policeman to one of our meetings! :( (Phil Cross, from bbc's car wars, is an old work collegue) Better not know, as he'll get a book full of infractions! :D

clsbscooby 24 April 2007 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by cw42 (Post 6863142)
And there was me thinking of inviting a traffic policeman to one of our meetings! :( (Phil Cross, from bbc's car wars, is an old work collegue) Better not know, as he'll get a book full of infractions! :D

Oh no go on invite him does he drive one of the unmarked scoobs??? can he bring it with him?
although you can spot them as police scoobs a mile away coz of all the aeriels on the back!!!

supertouring 24 April 2007 08:29 AM

>is an old work collegue

Could we get him to chase us around the streets of Wilmslow for a bit of fun?

EVOLUTION 24 April 2007 09:26 AM

ive got black lettering and digits on the bonnet as my plate snapped off a while back, it looks **** lol, (not had the time to sort plates out) but ive had no hassle from the law

i do tend to find an awful lot of cars seem to get out my way on the motorway for some reason tho lol

i thought i would have been in bother long before now

Carsey-STI 24 April 2007 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Martin-STI (Post 6861403)

As martin said, and its only a 30quid fine, no points. Ihave the badge on mine and not had a problem.

EVOLUTION 24 April 2007 11:46 AM

unlikely to get pulled for a badge TBH, but you must be aware that they can take the reg plate from you if its a personalised plate

cw42 24 April 2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by clsbscooby (Post 6863273)
Oh no go on invite him does he drive one of the unmarked scoobs??? can he bring it with him?
although you can spot them as police scoobs a mile away coz of all the aeriels on the back!!!

He certainly does drive one of the unmarked scoobys :) and from what I've seen of them, there aren't that many aeriels on it.

I'll ask him about chasing you around wilmslow super, and pass on your reg so he doesn't mistakenly chase Martin/Carl/Dave instead :D

scoobyverysoon 24 April 2007 12:48 PM

:lol1:

clsbscooby 25 April 2007 08:08 AM

Well they have arrived very quick service and they look good. well at least they don't have a great big crack across them.

will fit them this weekend.

supertouring 25 April 2007 08:12 AM

He would have to pass them all to get to me anyway:norty:

Originally Posted by cw42 (Post 6864113)
and pass on your reg so he doesn't mistakenly chase Martin/Carl/Dave instead :D