ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Oh My God, how petty (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/600330-oh-my-god-how-petty.html)

Luminous 21 April 2007 09:10 PM

Oh My God, how petty

Just heard on the news that British Airways airbrushed Richard Branson (and his Virgin Atlantic plane) out of the bond film Casion Royale when it was shown on their flights :eek::eek:

I mean, just how petty can you be when you are showing a film. Heaven forbid they fall out with anyone else, or will have a film that lasts only 5 mins due to all the "airbrushing"

STi wanna Subaru 22 April 2007 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 6856429)
Just heard on the news that British Airways airbrushed Richard Branson (and his Virgin Atlantic plane) out of the bond film Casion Royale when it was shown on their flights :eek::eek:

I mean, just how petty can you be when you are showing a film. Heaven forbid they fall out with anyone else, or will have a film that lasts only 5 mins due to all the "airbrushing"

I think it reflects how dumb they think their customers are to be honest.......

Diesel 22 April 2007 10:35 AM

Dunno - you hardly want to be be promoting someone elses brand and figurehead in your manor do yah; Virgin probably paid a few bob for that association and exposure/promotion? Why boost the competition's 'cool-factor'? Its like working for Merc, but driving a BM!

D 'I'd never have them on MY airline':lol1:

Frosty The Snowman 22 April 2007 12:10 PM

I'm very surprised BA were allowed to do it if Virgin paid for the advertising, I would guess it was just a cameo for Branson

Diesel 22 April 2007 12:16 PM

Yes! I can imagine lawyers talking to lawyers lawyers!

mark6 22 April 2007 12:21 PM

Out of curiosity,how many off you actually noticed Richard Branson in the film going through the metal detector??

what would scooby do 22 April 2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by mark6 (Post 6857696)
Out of curiosity,how many off you actually noticed Richard Branson in the film going through the metal detector??

I did, pointed and shouted "coooooooont" as the screen :mad: not been back to the cinema since :D

pimmo2000 22 April 2007 12:55 PM

Richard Branson landed cameo roles for himself and his son in the James Bond movie after he helped to save movie dollars by providing a plane at the last minute.

Luminous 22 April 2007 06:31 PM

I noticed someone v like Branson when watching the film (missed the jumbo jet :lol1:) without knowing that he was going to make an appearance.

Just seems wrong that you are allowed to cut a film how you like. Next step is to keep cutting films more to make them shorter, then you can show more films in a shorter time to earn more cash - if this catches on...:lol1:

molko 22 April 2007 06:41 PM

aye its a bit ****ing stupid ! a film is a film, if you dont like it then dont ****ing show it on your plane !....BA = Pathetic !...

SlimJ_2005 22 April 2007 07:46 PM

Removing these scenes from the film will only go in Virgins favour, everyone thats watching it on the BA planes is likely to know that BA airbrushed both scenes out!

I noticed it was Branson when I saw the film, but I had to check after the film to be sure... it was so quick!

bugeyeandy 22 April 2007 07:49 PM

Censorship at its best - the less I see of that grinning fool the better :)

FlightMan 22 April 2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy (Post 6858658)
Censorship at its best - the less I see of that grinning fool the better :)

You mean the multi millionaire grinning fool. :Whatever_

Daz34 22 April 2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 6857742)
Richard Branson landed cameo roles for himself and his son in the James Bond movie after he helped to save movie dollars by providing a plane at the last minute.

IIRC the plane was the one parked by the Top Gear runway though, and not a Virgin Jet.

joey_turbo 22 April 2007 09:17 PM

Seen the film 3 or 4 times, and I DIDN'T even notice him. :lol1:
Maybe the copy I had was from BA.

B-B 22 April 2007 09:37 PM

Ironically they have probably provided more publicity for Branson by doing this, as everyone is discussing it, than if they had left it in!!

CrisPDuk 23 April 2007 02:27 AM

If you want the full lowdown on BA's relationship with Richard Branson, this is highly recommended:thumb:

Amazon.co.uk: Dirty Tricks: British Airways' Secret War Against Virgin Atlantic: Books: Martyn Gregory