ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Web based cctv question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/600133-web-based-cctv-question.html)

sammyh 20 April 2007 08:06 PM

Web based cctv question

I'm looking for some cctv equipment that I can remote access from home, i'm sure i've seen these somewhere can anyone help?

Jamie 20 April 2007 08:10 PM

Google it you lazy git :)

Johnny E 20 April 2007 08:12 PM

Just do a search on Google most DVR's have the option to dial up.

You should get a 4 channel for around £250

little rick 20 April 2007 08:21 PM

Try this

On TV - The Gadget Show

I'm not sure how good it is as I've not looked at it properly - just remembered the gadget show doing a thing a while ago on it

mark engers 20 April 2007 08:25 PM

Clearly your google skills run closely behind your moderator skills...

I use this system, coupled to 6 IP CCTV cameras, 3 of which are exterior IR enabled.

Zip Boing Arial Whoop 20 April 2007 09:26 PM

If you want a mediocure system (which to be fair will do the job for a while) buy a Chinese 4 way DVR of ebay for the above stated £250.00.

I install DVrs all day every day and have a great deal of experience installing all levels of DVR, from the Fleabay £250.00 jobs to MOD spec 2Tb high end DVrs.

All I can say is that you really do get what you pay for. IN my experience , and I am sure there are many happy owners of PC based systems, but avoid PC based systems, Windows is designed to run many different types of programs and does most of them OK. but Windows is a Jack of All Trades and compromises are made when it comes to recording vital CCTV information, the biggest is that most PC's won't reboot and automatically restart recording in the event of a power cut.

Although most of the Chinese DVRS offer a specification similar to better known branded DVRS when you actually campare them next to each other the differences are startling. Try comparing a poor quality unbranded LCD monitor or LCD / plasma television with a well know high end brand and you will see what I mean.

A branded (Dedicated Micros, Samsung) 4 channel DVR with a 160Gbyte hard drive (enough for 7days worth of high quality real time frame rate) can be purchased for about £750.00 + vat (ouch) if you want any further info PM me.,

Regards

ZIP

PS forgot to say, most DVRS have an ehternet connection, all you then need is a router / modem and a fixed IP address for your ISP and Bobs your Uncle, remote viewing.

Dedicated Micors offer the best remote viewing software, avoid Internet Explorer based remote viewing, although these are more convienient (i.e. you can view them from a Internet Cafe when on holiday) they are slower and usually require you to download a Java application anyway, which Cafes etc don't normally like.