ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   the best impeza ever!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/599869-the-best-impeza-ever.html)

daz_don1 19 April 2007 07:04 PM

the best impeza ever!!!!

i am thinking of swappin my current scooby

can anyone tell me which is the best impreza made and what sort of prices do they go for?

Thanks in advance!!:thumb:

dan83590 19 April 2007 07:13 PM

Any classic..

:thumb:

<awaits the firing squad>

F1 CJE UK 19 April 2007 07:14 PM

2007 WRC car cost around 250,000:thumb:

Depends on budget mate the type 25 is often classed as the best Scooby you can buy from new, think it’s around £45,000.

then you go down to a type C around the 30,000 mark, then a sti JDM and then UK models

Fantom 19 April 2007 07:22 PM

22b if your budget isn't as high as above

STi8 19 April 2007 08:35 PM

There are usually a couple of Type-25s for sale second hand in the mid 20s

Tidgy 19 April 2007 08:50 PM

22b all the way, or classic type r with sc450, ast's etc

spuddy 19 April 2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dan83590 (Post 6850794)
Any classic..

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Robin Mullan 19 April 2007 08:55 PM

Whats your budget, what model are you selling, and whats your favorite shape?

dan83590 19 April 2007 09:08 PM

Seriously now, IMHO the classic is or can be the best looking model and can be had for very little money. I bought one of the first WRX's from 93 for just over 3 grand last year, realistically it has cost me nearer 5 after some TLC. Okay it had a few things that needed looking into but I am comfortable doing the repairs myself (well most). Depends on how much you wish to spend, how able you, etc etc. I'm loving mine. Each to there own. If I did the same again I would deffo go for an STI of some guise. Stronger engine in these, more scope for tweeking. Again IMHO I think the Impreza's look went downhill from 2001 (?) with the bug-eye, great car just not for me. Whatever model you end up choosing you'll have a lot of fun, apart from your visits to the Shell garage!

:notworthy the classic.

little rick 19 April 2007 09:14 PM

Its purely personal choice

I'm a big fan of the P1 but thats just me
Best to have a look at a few and test drive to see what you think

I dont dislike the bug eye but cant get comfortable in them so they're a big no no for me

With all the mods about for all models you can tune any to how you really want it - but obviously cost is a big factor

juggers 19 April 2007 09:27 PM

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI SPEC C TYPE RA-"R" :norty:

Jaybird-UK 19 April 2007 10:23 PM

Id take an RB320 please :D

skyline gtr v 19 April 2007 10:29 PM

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture028.jpg
Classic type r :luxhello:

fmp 19 April 2007 10:58 PM

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI SPEC C TYPE RA-R

without a doubt!

Lee247 19 April 2007 11:01 PM

Mine, of course :D

hades 19 April 2007 11:06 PM

Rather an open question. The best sttandard road going Impreza interms of outright pace is the latest WRX STi Spec C Type RA-R as noted above, these were not sold from UK dealers and very few worldwide. The "normal" Jap Spec C is still pretty special. The best standard road going impreza sold by UK dealers in recent years is the RB320, although even that was a bit of a special edition based on the STi with PPP (with a fair bit more added).

The Type 25 is something quite special, but is not really a "standard" Subaru, although with the warranty, quality and completeness of the package added to the faintly ridiculous performance, it is many ways better than any standard Subaru.

Both the P1 and 22B made convincing arguments about being the best original shape imprezas, and several people still prefer these to the newer models.

Prices will depend on which of the above you want!

daz_don1 20 April 2007 10:24 AM

currently i have a classic 95 wrx

i pay 275 insurance so i think its reasonable to run, i asked the question as i have just sold my house and made a killing so want something to be proud of!!

Andy Porter 20 April 2007 10:31 AM

Somewhere else to live might be a start........

;)

daz_don1 20 April 2007 10:34 AM

dont panic i got that bit sorted lol:luxhello:

but if i didnt n i get the impreza of my dreams i could always live in that:lol:

GazTheHat 20 April 2007 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by hades (Post 6851582)
Rather an open question. The best sttandard road going Impreza interms of outright pace is the latest WRX STi Spec C Type RA-R as noted above, these were not sold from UK dealers and very few worldwide. The "normal" Jap Spec C is still pretty special. The best standard road going impreza sold by UK dealers in recent years is the RB320, although even that was a bit of a special edition based on the STi with PPP (with a fair bit more added).

The Type 25 is something quite special, but is not really a "standard" Subaru, although with the warranty, quality and completeness of the package added to the faintly ridiculous performance, it is many ways better than any standard Subaru.

Both the P1 and 22B made convincing arguments about being the best original shape imprezas, and several people still prefer these to the newer models.

Prices will depend on which of the above you want!

Good post!! :thumb:

That and the S20x models are pretty special.

All depends on budget and model preferred.

~DrEaM~ 20 April 2007 01:27 PM

Best impreza ever made?

Newage :S204, Type RA-R

Classics: P1, 22B

~DrEaM~ 20 April 2007 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by dan83590 (Post 6850794)
Any classic..

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::th umb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thu mb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thum b::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb ::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::th umb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thu mb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thum b::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb ::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:: thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::t humb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::th umb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thu mb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thum b::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

lol...............:D

Pete 20 April 2007 01:46 PM

Classic V6 RA.:thumb: :thumb: