ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   206 cc (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/598800-206-cc.html)

bob r 15 April 2007 03:35 PM

206 cc

The wife is showing an interest in the above, what with the sun shining etc, great for her as she can be seen easier fluttering her eyelids.:Whatever_

The car would have to seat her and 2 youngsters and a bit of shopping.
Do they have a boot, any reliability issues, would it suit the requirements?.

Performance is not a factor as she has no idea.

B9GLY 15 April 2007 03:41 PM

i didnt think they had back seats????

bob r 15 April 2007 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by B9GLY (Post 6838054)

I've not looked at one closely, but I recall seeing 2 rear headrests:wonder:

NotoriousREV 15 April 2007 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by B9GLY (Post 6838054)

They do, but the leading edge of the seat cushion actually touches the front seats, so unless Mrs bob r is really short, the kids probably won't be comfy.

ScoobySnack 15 April 2007 04:39 PM

Misses is on her second................

Yes to back seats but quite upright and small amount of legroom, not for adults but ok for small children. Has a roof divider in the boot , so when roof is down space can take 8 shopping bags' ish. With roof up, boot is huge, i.e bigger than most saloons.

Other points...
- if you add a winddefector , which really works, you lose the ability for people to sit in the rear seats
- Typical peugeot build isnt great but not bad.... however dealers are not of a high quality in my opinion.
- Recall on a pedal pin should be done free
- Brakes squeal is known issue
- Older cars do not have a strip on the roof, so if its rained water comes off the roof and onto you and the car, when you get in

J

bob r 15 April 2007 07:04 PM

ScoobySnack............

Thanks for that informative report:thumb:

Your Scooby is awesome. I remember attempting to overtake one of these on a Dual carriageway :nono: The thing just howled past me like I wasn't moving.:eek:

matchmaker 15 April 2007 07:23 PM

My boss has a 206cc. Nice enough little car, but it feels really tinny after my Octavia :eek::eek:

ScoobySnack 15 April 2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 6838481)
ScoobySnack............

Thanks for that informative report:thumb:

Your Scooby is awesome. I remember attempting to overtake one of these on a Dual carriageway :nono: The thing just howled past me like I wasn't moving.:eek:

Ok Bob R.... you have the drop on me.. :) my last Scooby was over 3 years ago.... was it me really? or another SSnack... :) ?

Or do you mean the AMG :) cos its not standard now :)

J

bob r 15 April 2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySnack (Post 6838813)
Ok Bob R.... you have the drop on me.. :) my last Scooby was over 3 years ago.... was it me really? or another SSnack... :) ?

Or do you mean the AMG :) cos its not standard now :)

J

The AMG :cool:

ScoobySnack 15 April 2007 10:32 PM

yep its a lovely car, and that noise when your on a full throttle run.... :)
but come Sept what do i get to replace...... that comes close...

Forgot to say, that the 206cc has some good handling traits for a FWD cabrio

J

AudiLover 15 April 2007 11:15 PM

Had a ride in of these before. In the front seats, with the windows up it doesnt even look or feel like your in a cabrio at all, which kinda defeats the purpose of the free flowing feeling.

ScoobySnack 16 April 2007 01:27 PM

Saw a new blue 3.2 TTRin the flesh yesterday at a dealer...... i liked it, and well equipped.

I wish they would boost the torque and power a bit :) , say 350bhp/lbft. Just enough to be really fun, but not enough to worry their RS models.... I'd think seriously about taking one.

J

AudiLover 16 April 2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySnack (Post 6840541)
Saw a new blue 3.2 TTRin the flesh yesterday at a dealer...... i liked it, and well equipped.

I wish they would boost the torque and power a bit :) , say 350bhp/lbft. Just enough to be really fun, but not enough to worry their RS models.... I'd think seriously about taking one.

J

I have to say that for sporty driving im not a fan of the 3.2 V6. Its a good cruiser, but overall its lacking the extra power to warrant it over the excellent 2.0T.

Hopefully audi will start sales of the refreshed 3.2 with valvelift technology soon as that boosts the power and fuel economy. :thumb:

monkeysan 16 April 2007 05:02 PM

they have an ATTEMPT at back seats - however unless you have a family of DWARVES or kids under 4 then i wouldnt bother!

i prefer the 307CC - bigger and WAY cooler looking

ScoobySnack 16 April 2007 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6840964)
I have to say that for sporty driving im not a fan of the 3.2 V6. Its a good cruiser, but overall its lacking the extra power to warrant it over the excellent 2.0T.

Hopefully audi will start sales of the refreshed 3.2 with valvelift technology soon as that boosts the power and fuel economy. :thumb:

Any idea on increase and when

Cheers

J

AudiLover 16 April 2007 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySnack (Post 6842171)
Any idea on increase and when

Cheers

J

TBH my circle of info are at complete loss when audi will introduce valvelift technology. We expected it to come along with the A5 but that didnt happen. We are now holding out for september when the new A4 gets revealed. I will see if I can get any info on it actually as I havent been pushing the sources for info about it.

On a side note the 3.2 V6 will valvelift is already to have been confirmed to be capable of 300hp.

ScoobySnack 16 April 2007 11:06 PM

Now we are talking if we can get 300BHP...... in a TT or TTr. It would make a very cost effective daily fun driver for me.

i will keep my eyes open for info ......

As an aside , i canceled my order for the R8 and got a refund, for 2 reasons. I will go for a cheaper daily car , and a specilaised weekend/Eurohoon car. Secondly i just didnt get a good feeling on the R8 as time progressed and when i thought about the 80K plus tag i started to wonder would it be the ultimate ...

J

ScoobySnack 16 April 2007 11:10 PM

and apologies for taking a 206cc thread into Audi land

:)

J

AudiLover 16 April 2007 11:13 PM

I think that cancelling was possibly a very good move as the 480hp version doesnt seem to be too far off, and some people with the 420hp version might get pretty miffed, that is if they have the extra money to spend on getting the 5.2 V10 version. Then theres also the possibility of the V12 diesel coming into play. Interesting to see how it folds out. Im also pushing for more news on the possibilities of a 350hp TT, as that would be a scorcher.

Bob has your wife considered the megance CC?

ScoobySnack 16 April 2007 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6842530)
I think that cancelling was possibly a very good move as the 480hp version doesnt seem to be too far off, and some people with the 420hp version might get pretty miffed, that is if they have the extra money to spend on getting the 5.2 V10 version. Then theres also the possibility of the V12 diesel coming into play. Interesting to see how it folds out. Im also pushing for more news on the possibilities of a 350hp TT, as that would be a scorcher.

Bob has your wife considered the megance CC?

Keep me informed on the TT front ...... and cheers for the info :)

Back on track :
Megane as mentioned
206cc price tumbled with 207cc launch
Good old solid Golf rag top

J