ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   DVLA 'cough up as new owner hasnt taxed car' !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/598056-dvla-cough-up-as-new-owner-hasnt-taxed-car.html)

Diesel 12 April 2007 12:01 AM

DVLA 'cough up as new owner hasnt taxed car' !!!

Yet another example of trying to fleece the motorists, and I'm really growling at this one:razz:!

Basically sold my RS4 to a dealer some 6months ago and sent the little V5 slip off. Now get a fine and back-tax demand through the post as the car isnt taxed or SORN'd [as it was exported]. Fill out back of form saying 'it now belongs to'...etc Get another letter back saying 'you dont have to pay the back tax but its still a £40 fine sonny boy [or £80 if you prefer to argue for a couple of weeks].

You could drive a truck through their logic, and it doesnt even state what I'm being fined for - if its failure to tax, why drop the back tax charge?:mad:This one will end up with me camped on the roof for 6 months refusing to pay and shooting catapults at the baliffs:mad: ;)

It all rests on apparently my responsibility to ensure I got a letter off DVLA confirming they received the V5 slip ok :Whatever_

Bunch of crooks!!! And all this after a curtain twitching visit from the rozzers as someone had nicked my pictures and sold it on E-bay for £8k to some numptie, sight unseen!!! Arghhh!!!

D

unclebuck 12 April 2007 12:05 AM

It's the New Labour Police State mate.

We are all victims...

Lee247 12 April 2007 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6829240)
It's the New Labour Police State mate.

We are all victims...

So, how do we get them out then. :Suspiciou

Lee247 12 April 2007 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 6829232)
Yet another example of trying to fleece the motorists, and I'm really growling at this one:razz:!

Basically sold my RS4 to a dealer some 6months ago and sent the little V5 slip off. Now get a fine and back-tax demand through the post as the car isnt taxed or SORN'd [as it was exported]. Fill out back of form saying 'it now belongs to'...etc Get another letter back saying 'you dont have to pay the back tax but its still a £40 fine sonny boy [or £80 if you prefer to argue for a couple of weeks].

You could drive a truck through their logic, and it doesnt even state what I'm being fined for - if its failure to tax, why drop the back tax charge?:mad:This one will end up with me camped on the roof for 6 months refusing to pay and shooting catapults at the baliffs:mad: ;)

It all rests on apparently my responsibility to ensure I got a letter off DVLA confirming they received the V5 slip ok :Whatever_

Bunch of crooks!!! And all this after a curtain twitching visit from the rozzers as someone had nicked my pictures and sold it on E-bay for £8k to some numptie, sight unseen!!! Arghhh!!!

D

It's disgraceful the way people are being treated. It seems to be a crime to own a car :(
Stand your ground on this one, Diesel.

jods 12 April 2007 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 6829232)

D

You sold the car - Title has transferred - You are not responsible - End of.

Tell em to fook off, unless of course, you live in Lambeth - In which case they'll tow your house away and crush it cos you failed to separate your plastics from your polyvinyl plastics

Puppetmaster 12 April 2007 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 6829257)
You sold the car - Title has transferred - You are not responsible - End of.

Tell em to fook off, unless of course, you live in Lambeth - In which case they'll tow your house away and crush it cos you failed to separate your plastics from your polyvinyl plastics

I hate living in Lambeth - been stuck in this regime of a council for far too long
:mad::razz::mad:

Diesel 12 April 2007 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 6829253)
It's disgraceful the way people are being treated. It seems to be a crime to own a car :(
Stand your ground on this one, Diesel.

Yeah I think I will mate. Letter just finalised and printed [no red faces in it mind :mad:]. Really cant believe how they are trying it on. D

hutton_d 12 April 2007 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 6829266)
Yeah I think I will mate. Letter just finalised and printed [no red faces in it mind :mad:]. Really cant believe how they are trying it on. D

As long as you sent the form off and put the date of sale on it then you'll be fine. If they haven't received it then if you have the receipt then they can't get around that. Just a pain having to prove your innocence rather than the other way around!!

Dave

LG John 12 April 2007 08:55 AM

This one will end up with me camped on the roof for 6 months refusing to pay and shooting catapults at the baliffs
That's what I like to see :D Too many of the do-gooders on this site would just pay the £40 to save the trouble. You, like me, would rather fight till your dying breath out of principle :thumb:

stilover 12 April 2007 09:20 AM

Don't pay the fine. Simple as. You've done everything correct.

Tell them to shove it up their @rse.

Luminous 12 April 2007 09:33 AM

Good luck on this one Diesel, give em hell :thumb:

SJ_Skyline 12 April 2007 09:36 AM

Stick to your guns mate :thumb:

CrisPDuk 12 April 2007 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 6829246)
So, how do we get them out then. :Suspiciou

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/CrisPDuk/Vote.jpg

Leslie 12 April 2007 11:44 AM

Stick with it Diesel, don't let them grind you down. I am sure you can win and when you do I would claim expenses for all the trouble and personal grief!

Les

Lee247 12 April 2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 6829596)

:lol1:

Diesel 12 April 2007 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 6829596)

What's the gpoing rate for one of them? An e-bay link:notworthy anyone? LOL

TopBanana 12 April 2007 12:35 PM

I find if you drop or drag out correspondence with the DVLA they'll forget about it, as they're such a shambles.

monkeysan 12 April 2007 12:46 PM

just tell them to crush the car LOL

Minitrue 12 April 2007 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 6830159)
What's the gpoing rate for one of them? An e-bay link:notworthy anyone? LOL

That looks like a Dragunov SVDS to me; its little more than an adapted AK-47/AK-74, the like of which can be bought for about $75 in may ex-Eastern Bloc countries...

Much more fun (but with less range) would be a CZ Skorpion VZ 62 at 115 Euros a piece!

http://www.bvs.cz/images/CZ_61_76217Skorpion.jpg

War is Peace!

MoT

Diesel 12 April 2007 02:21 PM

Now you are scaring me! I'll see how the letter goes first:thumb:

miss*scoobygav555* 12 April 2007 03:11 PM

I've just sold my car this week and the tax is due on the 30th of this month, I got the letter off the dvla saying you need to re-new your tax etc.. Shall I just phone them and tell them I don't own the car anymore because they wouldn't have received the v5 form yet saying I no longer own the car!?:wonder: This might sound like a silly question but not to good with all this tax $hite..:lol1:

AudiLover 12 April 2007 03:23 PM

I was doing 150mph on the motorway and the rozzers had the cheek to pull me over :mad: Who do THEY think they are? :mad:

All bloody labours fault :razz:

Diesel 12 April 2007 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555* (Post 6830674)
I've just sold my car this week and the tax is due on the 30th of this month, I got the letter off the dvla saying you need to re-new your tax etc.. Shall I just phone them and tell them I don't own the car anymore because they wouldn't have received the v5 form yet saying I no longer own the car!?:wonder: This might sound like a silly question but not to good with all this tax $hite..:lol1:

As long as you send the little slip off and they aknowledge that within 4 weeks all is fine [:rolleyes:] D

miss*scoobygav555* 12 April 2007 03:46 PM

don't roll your eyes at me sonny!!!:D

DCI Gene Hunt 12 April 2007 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555* (Post 6830674)

They require a topless photo a proof of identity now, so if it helps pm me one and I'll forward it on to them for you :)

Da Booga 12 April 2007 03:48 PM

Make sure you follow it through properly mate, don't just not pay the fine and think that because you've sold the car and not heard from them since that everythings OK.

They are now issuing CCJ's for unpaid SORN fines (i've got one!!!!:mad: :mad: )

I only found out when I looked into changing banks last year and got told there was an unsatisfied CCJ on my record. Looked into it and it was from the DVLA, I'd never had any correspondance from them about it and because it was over a month old could not get it off my record, got to wait 6 years!! (only 4 & 3/4 years left!)

Still makes me :mad: today!!

miss*scoobygav555* 12 April 2007 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 6830769)
They require a topless photo a proof of identity now, so if it helps pm me one and I'll forward it on to them for you :)

:lol1: *goes to find a picture*

DCI Gene Hunt 12 April 2007 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555* (Post 6830776)
:lol1: *goes to find a picture*

*gets all excited :D *

miss*scoobygav555* 12 April 2007 03:51 PM

:lol1:

Diesel 12 April 2007 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by miss*scoobygav555* (Post 6830765)
don't roll your eyes at me sonny!!!:D

Err not YOU - THEM:razz: [again at THEM;)]