ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Who to use for Alloy wheel carrier service ????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/597150-who-to-use-for-alloy-wheel-carrier-service.html)

HI SOOB 08 April 2007 09:42 AM

Who to use for Alloy wheel carrier service ?????

I need a set of wheels collected from Devon and delivered to Central Scotland.
They have tyres fitted and are an estimated weight of 30k each. (4x4 wheels)

Just not sure who to use. DHL looks like the cheaper of the carriers but are still close to £80+.
I know folk normaly charge £50 when they sell wheels on the likes of eBay so where am I going wrong??

Any info appreciated

SVXNUT 08 April 2007 10:04 AM

Use a Pallet Carrier like Palletways or Nightfreight. As long as your not north of Perth there is not usually a surcharge and they will all come as one. I do contract work for Parcelforce and they will arrive in one piece but will have to be sent as four seperate parcels by any of the standard courriers.
Stick with the Pallet carrier on none urgetnt is my advice, but you might have to wait for a week until they have a wagon heading your way from Devon. Either that or try a few haulage companys based near where they are coming from and see if they have anything coming your way with enough space on board. Most will be willing to pick them up and drop them for a few extra quid. There is nothing less cost effective than a half load!!.

richiewong 08 April 2007 10:05 AM

UK Courier Services, Express Parcel Delivery & International Shipping

silverstrike 08 April 2007 11:15 AM

PM'd you regd, this Jamie... ;-)

HI SOOB 08 April 2007 12:34 PM

Thanks Silver Strike.

Wheels getting collected tomorrow. Four big Range Rover wheels and tyres for only £29.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man oh man...what a good price.

If anyone else needs this kind of service, look on ebay under dab200369 as the user name.

Cracking service!!

Thanks to all for their help

Anth-S 08 April 2007 12:54 PM

Perfect timing for this!

Selling some old Mondeo ST24 alloys on eBay, £29.99 for delivery sounds great. A lot better than £50+ from the Royal Mail.

Thanks to everyone involved in this!

HI SOOB 08 April 2007 01:09 PM

E mail address for the guy I used is david(at)barclay3106.fsnet.co.uk

Anth-S 08 April 2007 01:32 PM

Thanks HI SOOB!

silverstrike 08 April 2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by HI SOOB (Post 6819414)
Thanks Silver Strike.

Wheels getting collected tomorrow. Four big Range Rover wheels and tyres for only £29.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man oh man...what a good price.

If anyone else needs this kind of service, look on ebay under dab200369 as the user name.

Cracking service!!

Thanks to all for their help

No probs Jamie, glad you got it sorted and saved a bit of Sterling in the end!!!