ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/)
-   -   Car Parking / Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/scooby-sprint-championship-scoobylive-421/597138-car-parking-security.html)

James Neill 08 April 2007 07:22 AM

Car Parking / Security

Just been reading the thread about the poor guy that had his car stripped in the car park at Donnington this weekend.

What are the security arrangements at Elvington this year?

MonkiP1 08 April 2007 10:02 AM

Hopefully better than that at Donnington. Theiving T***s

air.mech23 08 April 2007 11:59 AM

If its anything like the air show, it will take them 6 hours to get out the car park!!

ex-webby 08 April 2007 04:50 PM

Attendants will be walking around the parking area.

wrc350+ 08 April 2007 05:09 PM

like donnington then??

ex-webby 08 April 2007 08:16 PM

I can't comment on Donington, but we could always get the SAS down in the bushes just to be sure! :D

alanbell 08 April 2007 08:18 PM

The worst theft Ive heard of from cars at Elvington are dust caps ???? bad but not that bad , Lets hope it stays that way ,

stevey 08 April 2007 09:10 PM

agree with alan never heard/seen or had anything taken or damaged at Elvington. Hopefully it will stay this way

wrc350+ 08 April 2007 09:17 PM

thats a confidence booster, i might just go then:)

Robin Mullan 08 April 2007 09:48 PM

Sounds good to me, after reading all these threads about peoples pride and joy going missing or being stripped:mad: im sure as well as myself all you other guys are getting more and more increasingly worried about taking your car to any event.

air.mech23 08 April 2007 10:45 PM

Cars will be quite safe, its Yorkshire!! :thumb:

Big-G 09 April 2007 12:28 AM

So, nothings ever stolen in Yorkshire then. :razz:

chrisT.O.T.B. 09 April 2007 12:28 AM

security on car park all day long, and specific queuing arrangements as per last totb event which worked very well, 10mins was about the longest standing time for access.

Worth pointing out this year that ANY car seen speeding or messing about on site in public parking will be evicted from site immediately by security and banned from future events, and their reg no passed onto the appropriate authorities. Elvington is a decent safe venue please dont lose it by your actions, and also when leaving site and driving through nearby villages.
Certain scooby "club" members were reported to us last year from local villagers by description for racing thro the village at excessive speed, it tars everyone with the same brush.

air.mech23 28 April 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Big-G (Post 6820851)

Was a joke :cuckoo:

girl-in-a-scoob 28 April 2007 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Big-G (Post 6820851)

well if they can find their way out of yorkshire..we dont put many road signs up here ..

scoobymods 23 May 2007 09:09 PM

can i ask if the event area is going to be fenced off from the public car park or is it going to be like last year every one parking anyplace they liked

chrisT.O.T.B. 23 May 2007 11:17 PM

there will be public parking seperate to pitlane and seperate to the club scooby areas. security on all areas as usual. anyone dicking about or causing probs is likely to be ejected immediately.

simonbb1328 23 May 2007 11:32 PM

There is quite a few coppers going too

bishop 24 May 2007 09:28 AM

Security

We have YSS security on site overnight and all day Sunday they will be in the car parks and the club parking area and they will also be patrolling the entire site in plane clothes ,,, we have also set aside a ladies toliet compond for this year,,, and lastley don't be put off by the weather reports it will be OK,,,,Bishop (Straightliners)

Abdabz 24 May 2007 10:14 AM

Never a problem when I have been in the past. Security present, lots of people chilling round their cars, looking at other cars etc... In fact the car park can often provide some real treats :thumb: Worth a wander round when it's full...
Because of this flow of people, the security and the 2min walk from car park to event, it means that you can be confident things are all fine.

Sonic' 24 May 2007 10:28 AM

Donnington is known for high thefts etc

Elvington has always been great for car parking & security, not seen any d1cking about by anyone in the public parking areas either, seen a few 'boy racers' leaving in the past too, having to try and overtake 50 scoobs in a line on blind bends too