ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   EOM meet - 26th April - Squires Cafe - Be there..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/597132-eom-meet-26th-april-squires-cafe-be-there.html)

Alan C 08 April 2007 01:55 AM

EOM meet - 26th April - Squires Cafe - Be there.....

Good news edition...

It's about time we had a good news, manly hug, slap on the back edition.... don't you think?

Scouring back through a few pages and over hearing a few conversations I noted these warm hearted moments... (I'll forget the few indiscreet ones I heard about madam Zaza's 24 Hr massage & stress relief service.. Wakefield 01924 685987)

I passed my CISSP.. If Carlsberg made Information Security Qualifications.. This puts me up a few rungs on the IT & Security ladder and I'm well chuffed...

I also had the run of my life with a 911 Turbo-S last week.. The memory stays sharp.. and the hairs prickle a little bit..

Dave passed his ADI Pt3 on his first attempt. A no mean feat from the Man at C&A stand in model.... A fine achievement and one worth noting... I just fear for the scarred young drivers he'll be turning out after he's shown them a few sideways antics......

Ian.. well, the chiseled jawed Jarvis Cocker sound alike picks up his Grigio Silverstone F1 430 soon...a monumental event in anyone's life.. If he manages to get this to the EOM, then you're going to find a few drooling, giggling & nudging adults occupying the WYIOC car park.... There goes those hairs again..

POB... Our very own hazel eyed Princess dons her running gear for a 5Km charity run... for those who may think she'll end up walking.. remember the Three Peaks race she completed a few years ago... Scott will be tucked up nicely in the pub with a pasty shouting 'go on girl' through a whirl of flaky pastry and Tetleys.. You take it easy mate..

Mick got himself headhunted... He really is a top geezer and one of the funniest blokes I know (especially working with Scott).. he deserves every success as Ford obviously spotted the hard working talent and wanted a piece.. there's plenty to go around...so no pushing at the back..

Stu's headlining at the Gay Festival in Leeds this year.. Oh, hang on.. that's Mr UK... easy mistake to make..

Sticky gets top marks again for his work on Steve's (P20SPD) car.. we all know only too well about the immense talent and genius that is the Stickmeister.. only his rugged good looks eclipse his magnificent art work... (what does a man have to do to get a sticker done these days????)

JB's died and gone to heaven... as he changes job....again... But this one's different.. this one's special. Now working for The Clinic as Adam's biatch, he'll be there making your stay pleasant and enjoyable.. If you're really lucky, he may get to road test your motor after it's service.. which means you'll be getting a complimentary set of pads, disks and suspension..

Zac & Drew @Precious Metal have started proper and have done the club proud... The servicing is top notch, their engineering skills continue to impress but the only thing letting the side down was the lack of Bourbons at the last meet there... tsk.. tsk.. But they'll improve.. you mark my words..

Finally.. club members continue to show just what a nice, helpful and decent bunch they are with help being offered, given and shared behind the scenes and out of the public glare to get other members through the day.. Big hearts boys and girls..

My God.. even the Sun's shining and the light nights are here.... and the event Calendar looks mighty fine with Blyton this month and the big 5 coming up.... Keep your eyes peeled for the various stuff coming up and make sure you get stuck in with organising something.. don't be afraid... just let Mick know if you're going to do a major car type event..

Damn.. this club still makes me proud....and I've only had 5 Stella...

If you want to contribute to the warm fuzzy feeling.. then come on down to the EOM... :thumb:

Convoy leaving;
The Brickworks @7:00 pm (ish)
Them meeting up at the Trading Post @7:15 pm (ish) for the run in...

See you there!! :D

MickWrx 08 April 2007 07:14 AM

Alan

Absolutely brilliant mate,

Do you know what you have done there,

No?

Well Mate let me tell you ( If I may be so bold)

You have created a masterpiece

I can only thank you and of course Stella in no small part for the above EOM manuscript.

Your EOM openers are all good mate, but some are really good. And this falls into the latter it simply filled me with exuberance.

The man hug, The slap on the back, it did exactly what you set out to achieve, I am sat here nekid having not been up long and feel like you just hugged me ;)

top drawer mate, top drawer :notworthy

Sticky Stuff 09 April 2007 11:59 AM

* Sticky shudders on Al's behalf at the thought of the above *

Alan C 09 April 2007 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by MickWrx (Post 6818974)
I am sat here nekid having not been up long and feel like you just hugged me ;)

Sticks.. call me if you need counseling... :freak3:

Sticky Stuff 09 April 2007 12:15 PM

Call made.

Feel a little better, but not sure I'll be doing any intricate scalpel work for some time :D

sherburn spen 09 April 2007 01:25 PM

any chance of those plates :Suspiciou sticky for E.O.M:wonder: cheers

Sticky Stuff 09 April 2007 02:43 PM

NP, they'll be done this week (Sticky searches frantically for the bit of paper with all the details scribbled down....)

As will Bullit Rich's

I'll bell PM you when yhey're ready :thumb:

BULLITT 09 April 2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff (Post 6821698)
NP, they'll be done this week (Sticky searches frantically for the bit of paper with all the details scribbled down....)

As will Bullit Rich's

Ace, your a star mate :D:thumb:

I'll bring the £££ and the first drink and pasty is on me ;):thumb:

Alan C 09 April 2007 04:51 PM

This means my stickers should be ready soon too... :lol1:

sherburn spen 09 April 2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff (Post 6821698)

As will Bullit Rich's

top man cheers:thumb:

Sticky Stuff 09 April 2007 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alan C (Post 6821889)
This means my stickers should be ready soon too... :lol1:

I may (or may not) have done the artwork today (or not)

Perhaps

corradoboy 22 April 2007 08:57 PM

Will probably be there along with CG this time. I think Daz and Emma are coming too :thumb:

Will have to check my diary but either Brickworks at 7pm or meet you all there.

Alan C 22 April 2007 09:26 PM

Ta for the BTT :thumb:

It will be good to see Helen..

fl6 23 April 2007 10:44 PM

sorry folks cant make it to the meet workin on knight's tue's, wed, thurs.:cry:

JAKbauer24 24 April 2007 12:38 AM

has john gone all medievil :)

fl6 24 April 2007 12:45 AM

:razz:

chrisgreenall 24 April 2007 07:26 AM

Well, following one of my rare apperances at the Blyton blast last weekend I was due to come over to this on Thursday and possibly in the rally car with Mrs Chris G (Katrina) so you could all take a closer look..... At the car that is :razz:

However as mentioned on the Blyton blast thread I need some urgent repairs following Blyton (Rear anto rollbar bracket re attaching to chassis) and the boys have said the only time they can do it is Thursday evening :cry:

So I may come over depending on what time they get finished and it will probably be in my other car!

Chris

Princess on board 24 April 2007 07:32 AM

See you all Thursday !

Pob

bgood 24 April 2007 08:34 AM

Hope you all have a good one, can't make it this time I'm afraid, I'm working nights too :(

sherburn spen 24 April 2007 09:20 AM

have to pick car up from ricks(in elvington):notworthy first then get some petrol at the bp station if anyone from that side wants to meet for a drive down let me know.:thumb: hopefully there about 8.30:luxhello:

DaveSTI350 24 April 2007 04:27 PM

Yes me and liz+kids will be there in strenght.:thumb: ps great speach alan:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

MickWrx 24 April 2007 05:29 PM

I may not be able to make this guys and gals, just thought I would give you a heads up, I know how much some of you miss me.

Sticky Stuff 24 April 2007 06:55 PM

I think some serious discussion is required, as Nostell is only a couple of weeks off.

Alan C 24 April 2007 07:13 PM

We'll discuss Nostell tactics at the meet....:thumb:

Sorry some of you can't make it.. :( Mick.. the place will have slightly less laughter.. but we'll see you at the next doo..:thumb:

skywalker23 24 April 2007 08:53 PM

Should be there.....:thumb:

Hope u can make it Mick....:)

We need to stand tall in numbers if we've to beat these VW boys to the seats and the pasties......:lol1:

BRI STI 24 April 2007 09:08 PM

This is the last time the vw lads will be there:D jason pulled me on sunday and told me after this meet on thursday its going to be the vw's last one because he has moved them to the 1st thursday of the month to accommodate us bless him so we will just have to bear with it for this week then back to normal parking the next time..:luxhello:.. so see you thursday..:thumb:

corradoboy 24 April 2007 09:22 PM

Shame, I would have brought my old VW if I hadn't sold it :( Still got mi Skoda though :D

Daz-WRSport 24 April 2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I think Daz and Emma are coming too :thumb:

Yes "the we three long time no see gang" will be there this time :luxhello:

Just to clarify, is it at the Trading Post or at Squires now? I've not been for ages.

corradoboy 25 April 2007 08:41 AM

Squires mate, but there's usually a meet up and run out from the TP, and from the Brickworks.

I'll be a little late as I'm teaching 'til 7 and then have to get CG.

KnobbySP1 25 April 2007 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Alan C (Post 6818927)
Ian.. well, the chiseled jawed Jarvis Cocker sound alike picks up his Grigio Silverstone F1 430 soon...a monumental event in anyone's life.. If he manages to get this to the EOM, then you're going to find a few drooling, giggling & nudging adults occupying the WYIOC car park.... There goes those hairs again..

Well the car was due to be ready Friday afternoon since it's having a few stone chips done on Friday morning.

I made the request to get the car early and they are coming to the office to do the stone chips on Friday morning instead.

So - it's in the office car park now :D

I'll defo be there - should be about 8 ish...