ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ripped off by a scooby owner (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/596850-ripped-off-by-a-scooby-owner.html)

scoobyfella 06 April 2007 07:58 PM

Ripped off by a scooby owner

All sorted now, dodgy echeques on paypal.

Hi Folks,

Sold a H&S backbox on ebay last week. The guy paid through paypal with an echeque (never heard of before). Anyway because it was in the account and paypal is meant to be guaranteed I despatched the item. Today, somehow, he has cancelled the echeque, simple as that and is now not returning my emails. He lives down in the Crawley area of Sussex.
I can't believe paypal can allow this to happen. This must have been pre-meditated, in my opinion.

Can't believe a fellow scooby owner would do this.

Well naffed off, first time I have been done in 5 years trading on ebay.

Anger 06 April 2007 08:03 PM

Sorry to here that mate :mad:

H4RDY-P1 06 April 2007 08:09 PM

GET HIS EBAY NAME POSTED UP DUDE,TO WARN OTHERS

funkyspider 06 April 2007 08:14 PM

Because everyone who buys a subaru is honest .. ? You should see some of the characters driving around in thrashed classics round here m8 !

Unfortunately Echeques are a common scamming mechanism which paypal seem quite happy to ignore.

Avoid The Paypal e-Cheque Scam - It Could Cost You!

When you say 'in your account' is there any way you can trace the account it came from and take it from there ?

KIPS 06 April 2007 08:15 PM

E CHEQUES TAKE TIME TO CLEAR Bit like a normal cheque go through the paypal/ebay procedures and as above post their ebay ID up for others

Alan MaC 06 April 2007 09:03 PM

BANDIT!!

Sorry to hear that.

Hope stuff works out for you.

Kind regards

Alan MaC :thumb:

fl6 06 April 2007 09:17 PM

name & shame :nono:

sarasquares 06 April 2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyfella (Post 6816210)
Hi Folks,

Sold a H&S backbox on ebay last week. The guy paid through paypal with an echeque (never heard of before). Anyway because it was in the account and paypal is meant to be guaranteed I despatched the item. Today, somehow, he has cancelled the echeque, simple as that and is now not returning my emails. He lives down in the Crawley area of Sussex.
I can't believe paypal can allow this to happen. This must have been pre-meditated, in my opinion.

Can't believe a fellow scooby owner would do this.

Well naffed off, first time I have been done in 5 years trading on ebay.

maybe he is not returning your emails because he has gone away for the Easter break. he may have cancelled the cheque thinking he would do it when he got back. he may not have realised you have sent the item....i think you should give the guy a bit more time :thumb:

~DrEaM~ 06 April 2007 10:32 PM

E CHEQUES ??

never heard of them? :wonder: is this another method of paying by paypal?

scoobyfella 06 April 2007 10:37 PM

All sorted. Seems the problems lie with this dodgy echeque thing. The email I recieved from paypal said that the sender had 'cancelled' payment with no other info.

Will watch that one in the future.
James

Luminous 06 April 2007 10:42 PM

SS, real ebay life is not like that. You don't go around cancelling payments out of the blue :(

Sounds like he has cancelled the payment at his bank. If his account was legit then you have a case to get your cash back. You can contact his bank and fight it out. More likely though, he paid through a stolen card, which means the whole transactions was fraudulent. The bank will reverse as many transactions as possible leaving you out of pocket. Great system eh? :mad:

ozzreid1964 06 April 2007 11:46 PM

ripped off by scooby owner

should sell ur stuff on ere not on flea bay:nono:

rossyboy 07 April 2007 08:13 AM

If there are no funds in my paypal account I have to pay by echeque. Takes 7-10 days to clear, which is pain in the arse, but it gets there in the end.