ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   who has the highest bhp scooby on here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/596673-who-has-the-highest-bhp-scooby-on-here.html)

scoobywrx320 05 April 2007 09:24 PM

who has the highest bhp scooby on here?

hi all,

just curious who has the highest bhp and torque scooby on here?

is it alan g's uk500?

top 10 fastest scooby's on here?

stevebt 05 April 2007 09:28 PM

there is bigger cars than alan's on here :)

scoobywrx320 05 April 2007 09:31 PM

lol, they must be pretty quick then!

LUCKO 05 April 2007 09:31 PM

PSLewis has a 850bhp wagon ive heard :D

stevebt 05 April 2007 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrx320 (Post 6814476)
lol, they must be pretty quick then!

i would say a 500bhp car now is as common as what a 400bhp impreza was 2 years ago :)

andythejock01wrx 05 April 2007 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by scoobywrx320 (Post 6814457)
hi all,

just curious who has the highest bhp and torque scooby on here?

Andy F ?

rabskyline 06 April 2007 07:47 PM

andy's probably isnt the biggest bhp wise but probably one of the fastest ive ever seen ! :thumb:

stuart148 06 April 2007 07:54 PM

is andy f's road legal,,,,if it is we should all take our car's to the person he uses !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

thats if your on about road legal cars

stu

Jay m A 06 April 2007 08:01 PM

I don't think Andy has to take it too far to get it tuned

Ian 06 April 2007 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jay m A (Post 6816218)

;)

Hol 06 April 2007 08:05 PM

Big power only ever comes with downsides.

You can strap a rocket engine to a 2cv, but can you use it to go round a roundabout and change speed/direction fast?

Rally cars are not huge power when compared to drag cars, but they are ultimately more drivabled from speed to zero to speed to zero etc...

andythejock01wrx 06 April 2007 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jay m A (Post 6816218)

Think it's just one of those "DIY" jobs. Actually, it was on the ramps when i popped round to visit him.

:D

andythejock01wrx 06 April 2007 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hol (Post 6816232)

You can strap a rocket engine to a 2cv, but can you use it to go round a roundabout and change speed/direction fast?

Rally cars are not huge power when compared to drag cars, but they are ultimately more drivabled from speed to zero to speed to zero etc...

Yeah, the drag car driver is just thinking "Fook, I hope I can keep this thing on the ground !" :norty:

Trout 06 April 2007 10:45 PM

All forms of performance whether low or high comes with downsides.

And there are upsides and so it really depends on what compromise you are seeking.

In terms of performance - Gulli's Team Ice car is a nine second car that is also astonishingly accomplished around the circuit.

As you reference rally cars - they might go and stop quickly and I would suggest that the average human could not live with Group A or WRC tarmac spec suspension for more than a few miles. Even the most ardent performance man I know on here swapped out his Group A springs as even he felt sick on the motorway never mind b road!

In answer to the original question - the Team Ice car may be about the most powerful, Andy F is probably the quickest in terms of top speed and quarter.

The two cars come from very different schools of tuning ;)

Andy.F 06 April 2007 11:48 PM

Steve Gearys auto box drag car is around 850bhp making it probably the most powerfull in the UK.
My car is still a compromise as I still want it to go round corners, have a manual gearbox and be road legal. Last year spec was around 700bhp before the nitrous, made a few mods for this year ;)

frayz 07 April 2007 02:31 AM

Dont forget Paul @ Zen.. thats pushing over 600bhp.

scoobyDAZZA 07 April 2007 02:52 AM

and the 'other' RCM car

the white classic

i read recently that Paul now has 700+

CrisPDuk 07 April 2007 03:05 AM

Not a strictly accurate analogy, any tuner worth his salt should be able to build a road car capable of out-performing a WRC car, both in a straight line and round a corner, for two simple reasons; One, the tuner doesn't have to fit a restrictor to the inlet of the turbocharger and two, there are no restrictions on how much surplus weight he can remove from the car.

CrisPDuk 07 April 2007 03:08 AM

PS: I can probably muster 500bhp at a pinch:D

Unfortunately it's distributed between 3 cars:(

Pete 07 April 2007 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 6814486)
i would say a 500bhp car now is as common as what a 400bhp impreza was 2 years ago :)

And there was me thinking my 320 bhp was good...:lol1: :lol1:

I`d better get saving then...;)

Hol 07 April 2007 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk (Post 6817094)
Not a strictly accurate analogy, any tuner worth his salt should be able to build a road car capable of out-performing a WRC car, both in a straight line and round a corner, for two simple reasons; One, the tuner doesn't have to fit a restrictor to the inlet of the turbocharger and two, there are no restrictions on how much surplus weight he can remove from the car.

I think you mis-read my point :confused:

I think there is a time and place for big power cars. But they are normally more laggy with higher power bands than lower specced cars.

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 6816659)
All forms of performance whether low or high comes with downsides.

As you reference rally cars - they might go and stop quickly and I would suggest that the average human could not live with Group A or WRC tarmac spec suspension for more than a few miles. Even the most ardent performance man I know on here swapped out his Group A springs as even he felt sick on the motorway never mind b road!

The two cars come from very different schools of tuning ;)

lol. I dont think anyone would want to go tesco- shopping in a rally car. But if I had to drive a timed lap round a real world urban circuit, I know which I would rather.

Prasius 07 April 2007 09:08 AM

Yip, lets be honest - if your going for max performance, without any consideration to practicality and don't mind the car being stripped down every few thousand miles it's (relatively) easy to build an awesome performance car.

But most people would rather not have to do engine rebuilds every month or so, and might occassionally like to take a passenger ;)

I'm impressed by many of the super-tuned imprezas, evos, ect that you see, but I don't think they have any real relevance to my everyday driver.

rabskyline 08 April 2007 12:34 AM

quote !!
lol. I dont think anyone would want to go tesco- shopping in a rally car.

i would and do !! here she is ! :lol1:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1719Medium.jpg

worbs 08 April 2007 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 6816206)
is andy f's road legal,,,,if it is we should all take our car's to the person he uses !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

thats if your on about road legal cars

stu

Lol had to giggle at this, no offence intended though. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Ian.

SPEN555 08 April 2007 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by rabskyline (Post 6818847)
quote !!
lol. I dont think anyone would want to go tesco- shopping in a rally car.

i would and do !! here she is ! :lol1:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...1719Medium.jpg

Putting stickers on a car does not make it a rally car ;)

MonkiP1 08 April 2007 10:27 AM

I presonally like to have a good balence between torque and BHP.
Just standard 280bhp P1.

MonkiP1 08 April 2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by SPEN555 (Post 6819208)
Putting stickers on a car does not make it a rally car ;)

Either will he forget what to buy at Tescos with the shopping list on the car too.

Terminator X 08 April 2007 12:21 PM

The Litchfields 600bhp car seems fairly good ;)

Does that count as a car on here though :wonder:

TX.

martyp1 08 April 2007 08:38 PM

And i thought my P1 had a lot of power 550-600bhp,still a fair bit away from a lot of scoobys :eek:

AudiLover 08 April 2007 08:42 PM

Is the worlds most powerful road legal scooby more powerful than the worlds most powerful audi?

How fast is the worlds fastest road legal scooby?