ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   car still wont start. senser advice please (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/596414-car-still-wont-start-senser-advice-please.html)

dabow 04 April 2007 10:00 PM

car still wont start. senser advice please

well i rebuilt the engine, i've checked every thing i can think off. & still nothing. i'm getting fuel, also a spark. but it seems out of time.

know the only other thing i my self can think of doing is checking the cam senser/crank senser & the maf.

but is this posable, does anyone know how to do this. i've even got to the trouble to get another ecu just in case.

the car did go in to a garage for a check, in the end they damaged the car. but charged me £325. so i'm not going to do that again, but any ideas regards checking these sensers at all

Jolly Green Monster 04 April 2007 11:47 PM

if you have fuel and you have spark then it is picking up the crank sensor etc..

most likely the cambelt is wrong.. crank 180degree out?

cams are in the wrong place?

Coil packs plugged in wrong.. black is back.. black plugs are the back of the engine coilpack connections.

Injector plugs incorrect?

Simon

dabow 05 April 2007 07:13 AM

all checked mate, all coils are new. the belt is a dayco belt all timming marks lines up. the injectors seem fine too.

but i notice that when i get a spark, it seems lazy. the plugs are new too
my other idea was the cams, but i re-checked them the other day & there in proper too

the engine turns perfect & smooth. by hand, its tight with plenty of compresion
i'm running out of ideas, i've got another ecu comming with in the next couple of days, but could it be the cam senser at all. i read that can corse the same thing, ie not starting.

Jolly Green Monster 05 April 2007 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by dabow (Post 6812142)
but i notice that when i get a spark, it seems lazy.

now you say this.. lol worth checking the crank sensor.. get a replacement..

Simon

dabow 05 April 2007 05:37 PM

this i'm looking at very carfully mate. today i even changed the maf senser. but i checked the spark from the plugs again to day, & i get a spark but not all the time. i did try to take the crank senser out but damaged it, do you have any ideas on the price of them. i may also change the cam sencer too.

i also re-checked the cam belt. it seems timmed up ok
but if you know where i can get one of these crank senser from asap mate, please let me know

Jolly Green Monster 05 April 2007 08:59 PM

HDC SUBARU - parts .. breaking .. salvage .. consumables.. mail order, Essex Subaru Breakers, www.gradea-subaru.com

Simon

dabow 05 April 2007 10:04 PM

thanks again, you have helped no end

Thedevilandhiscar 05 April 2007 10:05 PM

PM sent to you regarding sensors