ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Car Care (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/)
-   -   How to polish your car (https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-380/594816-how-to-polish-your-car.html)

jonc 29 March 2007 05:02 PM

How to polish your car

The result is staggering!! The guy doing it is an absolute perfectionist!!

Corsa Sport - for Vauxhall, Opel and Holden Corsa and Barina

Pete 29 March 2007 05:06 PM

Kinhell...................awesome

Adidas 29 March 2007 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by staffi (Post 6793208)
Kinhell...................awesome

^^^^^^^

What he said :notworthy :notworthy

Clark @ PB 29 March 2007 06:20 PM

This has been on Detailingworld for a week or two now, it must mean i'm mad to think its nothing special now as thats the lengths alot of us detailers go to, especially on our own cars! :thumb: :lol1:

Brun 29 March 2007 06:49 PM

Respect to the guy, but a bit extreme i think. If you put an identical car next to it after 2 or 3 hours polishing, i can't see there being that much of a differance unless you're looking for it :)

Probein 29 March 2007 08:43 PM

That guy has serious, serious OCD issues.

It's impressive, but what a waste of time.. After 5 minutes of driving it'll be back to normal, covered in crap and stone chips... is he HONESTLY going to do that every time he takes it for a drive?! Madness!

For the money he must have spent buying a brand new VXR and doing all that to it, he could have had a much cooler second hand car (TVR or something!).

Tone Loc 29 March 2007 09:22 PM

LOL.. love one of the replies

"I had instructed my dealership Greens of Holborough not to touch the car upon delivery off the transporter even to the point of leaving all window stickers on"

clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.
its an astra FFS!

Couldn't agree more.... Ferrari F430 maybe, but an Astra. No :D Was impressive tho!

Tony.

scoobyverysoon 29 March 2007 10:23 PM

:wonder: - dont think Im even that bad - but each to there own - he did a nice job there :thumb:

Also yes it may get dirty after a week but its protected and will be damn easy to maintain.

Clark @ PB 30 March 2007 05:11 PM

to those that are in the know and are fussy, there will be a MASSIVE difference.

Just because it is a new car doesnt mean it is perfect condition paint wise, far from it in 99% of cases :)

The Royale will give up to at least 12 months guaranteed protection with insane water beading, no other wax will come close to that!

Scooby-doo97 31 March 2007 02:04 PM

Yes, but it's only a Vauxhall at the end of the day :freak3:

DuncanR 20 April 2007 07:50 PM

Did a google search on that zymol royale
Zymol Royale Glaze (1412g) 12001

how can anybody pay that price for car polish :eek2:

bluetonic 20 April 2007 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by DuncanR (Post 6854111)
Did a google search on that zymol royale
Zymol Royale Glaze (1412g) 12001

how can anybody pay that price for car polish :eek2:

Funny as in 3-4 years times that’s what his car will be worth....

Yes the work done and products used are amazing...
But I have to question the reason for spending all that cash and work on a car that in all honesty isn’t anything that special.
Question is could you enjoy driving the car knowing all the money and work gone into making it look perfect?? I'd be afraid to take it out of the garage let alone on the stone chip, road salt, bird crap, road tar, bug splatter filled roads we all drive on every day.

GeeDee 24 April 2007 08:39 AM

Ah, but "This container is refilled for life at no charge." so must be a bargain.:cuckoo:

But there again, if the finish lasts so long perhaps you won't need much of it.:wonder:

Scudy23 24 April 2007 05:09 PM

Marc done a cracking job on that.... i dont understand why some people cant believe the work he has put into it, its someone who respects their car....also if its that insane why are some scooby owners getting it done ? after all its only a subaru.

satanbaby 24 April 2007 05:29 PM

:freak3:

Baker 24 April 2007 08:27 PM

clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.
its an astra FFS!
Think this comment is a tad harsh, the VXR model is a serious bit of kit with looks and decent performance. Never been a Vauxhall fan but I do like the VXR line up.

Hate to say it but an impreza is not viewed by the general uneducated public as a good car, (although it is in my opinion) seems that if you drive an Impreza you get tarred by people thinking you are part of the "boy racer club" not sure if the Astra has this perception yet?

Would love to be able to put that much time and effort into my Impreza, but just could not justify the time or money! but think the result looks stunning!

Triggaaar 27 April 2007 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Baker (Post 6865444)
Think this comment is a tad harsh

Hate to say it but an impreza is not viewed by the general uneducated public as a good car
That comment would have also been apt had he bought an Impreza. The car looks good, but he has gone seriously ott. If half that level of work had been done to an identical car, I don't think he'd have been able to tell the difference. It would only be appropriate to spend that much money if it was for marketing a business, or for a car worth hundreds of thousands of pounds (IMO).

What's the deal with the lifetime supply of wax though? If detailing is your business, and they keep your tub topped up, it's only £1 a day for the best wax ever made.

Wmscooby 28 April 2007 07:36 PM

Makes me want to go out and wax my satchel lol:norty: :idea: