ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Innovit alloys - rusty bolts anyone? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/594229-innovit-alloys-rusty-bolts-anyone.html)

EddScott 27 March 2007 04:04 PM

Innovit alloys - rusty bolts anyone?

Sorry mods, I put this in here because styling is a bit quiet and a fair few have Innovit alloys.

The bolts that come with my innovit alloys are rusty inside. Has this happened to anyone else and has anyone found replacements or fixes for this.

Ta :)

Dan W 27 March 2007 04:08 PM

exactly the same happened to mine. I bought them last june. I will be replacing them at some point with rust free ones though.

sarnyboy 27 March 2007 04:13 PM

mine are the same...

EddScott 27 March 2007 04:15 PM

Are replacing with new same or new different make?

Also, I guess this is tyre dependent, but does the out lip of the alloy stick out alot? Mine do and they are covered in little knicks from our driveway (Not drop curve so easy to clout :( )

Neanderthal 27 March 2007 04:24 PM

What size tyre have you put on them?

Big_Dan531 27 March 2007 04:26 PM

i have the same problem minare black and have gone all rusty only had them a couple of months i have also rounded a couple of the off as well i have the ones u use a alan key type tool to get them off as soon as i can get my car up my m8s when its back on the road he is going to get them off so i can change them

Dannybwoy 27 March 2007 04:30 PM

Mine are the same (Tarmacs)

Bolts have gone rusty on the inside and outer edge of alloy does stick out a fair bit, (got 215's on as well, so didnt think this would be a problem)

Might replace mine, where do u get replacements?

EddScott 27 March 2007 04:32 PM

My tyres are 215 too. I don't know enough about tyres but they seem a bit stretched over the rim - They also rub with people in the back.

Mine are ST IV. Don't get me wrong, I love my wheels (buggers to clean but love them) just have a few issues with them.

DannyBoy007 27 March 2007 06:15 PM

Mine only lasted about a month rust free, Chucked um in the bin and replaced with a lightweight set I got off a friend.

paul2070 27 March 2007 07:05 PM

Have any of you actually tried speaking to Jase @ Scoobybits,as mine went the same,and i phoned him,he spoke to the guy at Inovit.....................and the same week i had a brand new set in my hand.

I would recommend them to anyone,very pleased!!

Woody1 27 March 2007 07:32 PM

My wheels got delivered without so I used my OE bolts, so no rust on them.

explore 27 March 2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 6786245)
Sorry mods, I put this in here because styling is a bit quiet and a fair few have Innovit alloys.

The bolts that come with my innovit alloys are rusty inside. Has this happened to anyone else and has anyone found replacements or fixes for this.

Ta :)

i have airospeeds and there the same

onslow 28 March 2007 12:49 PM

my wheel nuts have gone rusty to and so have the small "screws" in the inovit centre caps
really should get some black tuner nuts to co-ordinate it all