ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   test drove a clio 172 cup (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/593057-test-drove-a-clio-172-cup.html)

delcbr 22 March 2007 07:08 PM

test drove a clio 172 cup

test drove a clio 172 cup today and found the engine to have a rough idle it sat around 800 rpm and sounded like it was about to cut out but didnt is this normal on this model?

jonesy172 22 March 2007 08:55 PM

They do run abit rough on idle but not as bad as its about to stall

BUG4LIFE 23 March 2007 09:37 AM

What was it like to drive though mate? I want my girlfriend to get one, but she wants a StreetKa!!!

jimblive 23 March 2007 10:05 AM

I used to have a 172 when they first came out and now the wife has one. The idle is far from smooth but not like it's going to stall. They are great fun to drive, love it to bits and you can find some bargins if you look around. They are know to have a few faults but if you not what to look for then you should be able to get a good one.

Solly 23 March 2007 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE (Post 6773692)
What was it like to drive though mate? I want my girlfriend to get one, but she wants a StreetKa!!!

NOT a streetka!!
I admit that i've never been out in one but I do like the look of them!

BUG4LIFE 23 March 2007 11:09 AM

Hey, she wants one of the baby pinks ones too [brought out as part of the Thunderbirds film a few years ago]...though as there is only 8, so she has decided on black.

I reckon they look sweet, for a girl, and my girlfriend's a girly girl..she gonna look hot in it :)

Ka's have always be highly rated as drivers cars, and at the moment she got an L reg 1L Polo - the StreetKa gonna fell like a supercar to her!!! I've tried explaining to her that the 172 Clio gets to 60 twice as fast as the StreetKa but she more interested in the soft-top :confused:

delcbr 23 March 2007 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by BUG4LIFE (Post 6773692)

i didnt get to drive it but could feel the idling through the car...... just sat as as a passanger though he did accelerate through the gears tbh it didint feel like a fun car in other words didint feel excited in such a way that a5gtturbo would make you feel.....it is very plasticy inside and just felt very cheap.i think il look for somethin else.i got the feeling that problems wouldnrt be far around the corner.

Chris L 23 March 2007 01:54 PM

Drove the new 197 Clio last week - nice car, but I reckon the older 172 / 182 (especially the Cup version) are better. The new one feels a lot heavier and it didn't pull as I expected for a car with nearly 200bhp. Never noticed that the older versions idle that roughly. I would expect that the Cup would feel quiet raw compared to the Street Ka though - might not be what your g/f wants.

Jonto 23 March 2007 01:54 PM

walk away mate........i will get flamed if i say anything more than that as people don't seem to be able to admit that they are anything less than perfect !

ps - mine was the worse car i ever owned.

delcbr 23 March 2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jonto (Post 6774533)
walk away mate........i will get flamed if i say anything more than that as people don't seem to be able to admit that they are anything less than perfect !

ps - mine was the worse car i ever owned.

cheers think your right....il look for a different make of car