ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   CS LAN Game - When/Where? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/59171-cs-lan-game-when-where.html)

Nimbus 12 December 2001 10:29 AM

OK, Since there's a few people around Northampton area who are up for this, how about setting a provisional date/place?

I can supply an 8 port 10mps Ethernet hub and a handfull of patch cables. Don't know where we can set this up though. As for dates, it would have to be a weekend for me. Either weekend of 19th or 26th Jan.

What do you think?

dsmith 12 December 2001 10:56 AM

Could be persuaded to make the trek from darkest suffolk :)

I could bring a Cisco 6500 with about 96 10/100 switch ports and some gigabit uplinks....or just a small sesible 24 port 10/100 switch :)

In the lab at work we have a couple of small dual 700mhz dell servers with some decent disk and memory. One could be used for a server if reqd ?.

Nimbus 12 December 2001 11:08 AM

dsmith,

OK, looks like I've been out-tech'd :D It would be great if you could bring this equipment, but a long trek for you... :)

HHxx 12 December 2001 11:21 AM

I'm up for it, as DSmith I also have some switches/hubs/NICs as required but I think the 6500 is OTT, unless we have that many people:D:D;);)

We just need a venue, my house is on the small size as 4 people CS'ing is cramped, ie don't move or your keyboard goes flying;)

Anyone suggest a venue?

Shame its not summer, we could have or still can have a Party in the Park:D;), laptops/generators etc...:D:D:D

H

dsmith 12 December 2001 11:23 AM

Steve could come up and BBQ for us :) (Whilst complaining his NIC was getting more collisions than anybody elses :D

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 12/12/2001 11:25:10 AM]

Steve Perriam 12 December 2001 11:25 AM

oi, shuuuuut it :p

roadrunner 12 December 2001 11:46 AM

Great idea Nimbus :)

We could have the venue around my house in Milton Keynes. I reckon I could easily accommodate 8 people.
I think it’s best if us local folk meet up for a drink before hand so we can get to know each other. It saves from the embracement of turning up not knowing anyone.

Steve – is that a no then ;) I quite fancied a barbeque in the middle of winter

DavidHill 12 December 2001 08:14 PM

Certainly up for this, live near Northampton, but not a problem travelling. Don't have any useful equipment though, just my pc.

Cheers,
David/Merlin :D

Steve Perriam 12 December 2001 08:44 PM

u can come down here for a bbq - did one back in early/mid nov.

not done one since although weather looking good for this weekend and maybe a xmas one :D

Neanderthal 12 December 2001 11:18 PM

ROFLMAO @ Deano's nic collision dig :D:D

As for a lan game, I am definately up for it!! :D:D

I'll have to get a nic card though ;)

Matt

HHxx 13 December 2001 12:00 AM

NP Matt,
I have some spare:)

H;)

Neanderthal 13 December 2001 12:48 AM

H...really? cool!

Got no idea where you'd get one from though ;)

Looking forward to it!

Matt

roadrunner 14 December 2001 12:35 PM

BTTT

Anyone else interested in some face-to-face killing. You know you can't hide behind your PC forever.

rr

Dizzy 14 December 2001 01:20 PM

Yeh I'd be interested... can't complain that
a) I'm cheating and b) That i'm an lpb :D

Milton Keynes isn't 2 far I could bring some coffee :) (can't out tech u lot :D)

geography isn't my strong point though... I leave that to multimap :) postcodes would be good. and Steve its only a 3 hour drive :) about as long as it takes your packets to get there :D

/me does feel guilty about the last quip :D

Steve Perriam 14 December 2001 01:30 PM

oi dizzy u lpb, that was below the belt :( :(

Dizzy 14 December 2001 02:09 PM

:) ahh steve :( I was an lpb for years :) just think you've got an excuse when you die and your kills also count for 10 of ours :)

roadrunner 14 December 2001 02:17 PM

So far, we have

Nimbus
Dizzy
Neanderthal
HHxx
Merlin
me
and possiably Deano.

Thats makes 7 according to my abacus service pack 2

Anyone else, bear in mind that places are limited...first come first served :D unless we find a bigger venue :)

rr

Dizzy 14 December 2001 02:44 PM

crikey! my names down then :)
where are you then?.. postcode? mail me ofline if u like.

orbv 15 December 2001 11:02 AM

1.5 hours drive, intresting!

Norman D. Landing 15 December 2001 06:09 PM

/Me lives in East Lancashire :(

Any chance you'd let internet interlopers join in ?

HHxx 15 December 2001 06:10 PM

Should be no prob:D

Corner:D

NM 16 December 2001 02:04 PM

Yeah baby

Count me in.

Cheers

Neal :)

Dizzy 17 December 2001 08:35 AM

bttt

date ? still on?

Steve Perriam 17 December 2001 09:31 AM

neal : u really expect to get let out for this m8 :rolleyes:

Nimbus 17 December 2001 11:03 AM

VENUE
-----
RR,

We still OK to have this at your place??

DATES
-----
Weekends are best for me, so if that's OK with everyone else, I can suggest the following...

19th, 20th Jan
26th, 27th Jan
2nd, 3rd Feb

Anyone have any preferences?

EQUIPMENT
---------
Deno, are you OK to bring the server and switch? Lets's draw up a list of stuff we need and see who can bring what...

Network cards
Patch cables
Server?
Hub/switch

Anything else...?

Damaja 17 December 2001 11:04 AM

Beer, food, beer, beer and some more beer

I am not coming but spotted you had missed the obvious!

HHxx 17 December 2001 11:26 AM

Well spotted Crack@ddict:D;)

But I don't drink anymore:(

I will be bringing a load of patch cables, some NIC's, a couple of laptops (rig too big to move:() and anything else I can fit into the wagon:D ooh, and food + soft drinks:D

Matt, I have a nice 3com card waiting for you:).

H

HHxx 17 December 2001 11:27 AM

Forgot to say those dates look fine to me:) No preference. Just go with the flow:)

Steve any chance of a bbq???:D

NM 17 December 2001 11:49 AM

The Cov area meet looks like it will be on Sunday 27th so no good for that date.

I already have a network card in my box as I reguarly connect up to my mates box to use and abuse his ADSL.

Steve I will lie to her and send her off horse riding ;)

Cheers

Neal

Nimbus 17 December 2001 12:14 PM

If the Cov meet is on the 27th, how about everyone who's playing going along so we can put faces to names and get to meet everyone before hand?