ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   Is it possible to check new posts ignoring 'muppets' (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/591357-is-it-possible-to-check-new-posts-ignoring-muppets.html)

Mick 15 March 2007 08:04 PM

Is it possible to check new posts ignoring 'muppets'

Is it possible to use the new posts link aand not be shown the millions of posts from the 'Muppets' forum :lol1:

I have on occassion got interested in a thread for a while before realising it was a muppet one :Whatever_ - my fault I know :Suspiciou but I prefer not to make this mistake if possible :lol1:

Cheers

Mick :D

hectic 15 March 2007 08:09 PM

you could just stick everyone that happens to post in muppets in your ignore list...

Chip Sengravy 15 March 2007 08:21 PM

I'm also interested if this can be done :thumb:

sarasquares 15 March 2007 08:35 PM

yeah, me too :p

hectic 15 March 2007 08:46 PM

why am I getting blank posts above where I post :wonder:

sarasquares 15 March 2007 08:57 PM

because you have run out of ink :thumb:

hectic 15 March 2007 08:58 PM

theres another one ABOVE this post and BELOW my last post

sarasquares 15 March 2007 09:12 PM

youve gone....... :Suspiciou

have you ran out of paper too? :D

Mick 15 March 2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 6751329)
you could just stick everyone that happens to post in muppets in your ignore list...

Yes I could I suppose - but I wouldn't want to ignore their posts if they are posting in a 'sensible forum' ;) - I like a bit of a joke and jest - but some of those muppet threads do my head in :lol1:

You know... just an example - if sarah posts in 'non scooby related' that her cat (feline variety - not catalyst ;) ) is driving her up the wall and what is the best way to dispose of it - I might reply :thumb:
- but if the same post was in muppets I'd steer well clear :Suspiciou :D

- you know what I mean? :wonder:

Quatto 15 March 2007 09:53 PM

If the post intrigues you, what does it matter where the thread is located?

Heaven knows, if there are more "outsiders" posting in there, then it may dilute the mass of "cliques" that reside in there LOL

sarasquares 15 March 2007 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 6751672)
Yes I could I suppose - but I wouldn't want to ignore their posts if they are posting in a 'sensible forum' ;) - I like a bit of a joke and jest - but some of those muppet threads do my head in :lol1:

You know... just an example - if sarah posts in 'non scooby related' that her cat (feline variety - not catalyst ;) ) is driving her up the wall and what is the best way to dispose of it - I might reply :thumb:
- but if the same post was in muppets I'd steer well clear :Suspiciou :D

- you know what I mean? :wonder:

i have a chiuhuaha :p

sarasquares 15 March 2007 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quatto (Post 6751692)

Heaven knows, if there are more "outsiders" posting in there, then it may dilute the mass of "cliques" that reside in there LOL

he is prolly worried that he will get drawn in to muppets :D

btw i am not in any clique, thank god :thumb:

Mick 15 March 2007 11:21 PM

because if the post is in muppets it's 98% likely that an intriguing title will be a headliner to a completely daft and irrelevant series of postings, whereas in the rest of the forums it probably more like... 50/50 :lol1:

What's the point of diluting muppets - I thought that was the whole point of having the forum separated from the rest of the board... :wonder:

Mick 15 March 2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 6752020)
i have a chiuhuaha :p

Stands to reason that you wouldn't want a cat then... it might choke to death on the chiuhuaha (had to copy and paste the dogs breed name :D )

joey_turbo 15 March 2007 11:26 PM

I'm sure it can be done, where you can choose what you want to see in new posts. I remember doing it when I signed up, but at the time I had no preferences. Then I could never find it again. I'm sure I asked about this ages ago, but never got a response. So I hope they give you one.

sarasquares 16 March 2007 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 6752097)
Stands to reason that you wouldn't want a cat then... it might choke to death on the chiuhuaha (had to copy and paste the dogs breed name :D )

i spelt it wrong :lol1:

muppets isnt a happy place to be in right now so no one is missing much :thumb: