ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Audi Coupe Quattro-20V-1990-Black (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/590891-audi-coupe-quattro-20v-1990-black.html)

Lee247 14 March 2007 01:17 AM

Audi Coupe Quattro-20V-1990-Black

This car is in my garage on two flat tyres and a flat battery, simply because it is the same age as my son. Sentimental, I know, but, it is pristine and I love it.
How long before it starts to appreciate in value, bearing in mind it is now 16, only got 80k on the clock and full service history :wonder:

Andy M3 14 March 2007 08:58 AM

I have noticed desirable model E30 BMW's are creeping up, so the Quattro's turn could be coming!

vindaloo 14 March 2007 01:02 PM

If it was not stored - in other words you merely stopped driving it...

No matter how much it appreciates, it'll cost quite a bit to get it sorted out and roadworthy again. Start with tyres and brakes....

IMO: Get the tyres pumped up (if they'll still hold air) and get it wheeled out into the sunlight. Then get someone to give it a bl**dy good looking over for rust. Then get a second opinion. Also IMO, unless you're super-lucky it'll need some welding.

J.

Lee247 14 March 2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 6746276)
If it was not stored - in other words you merely stopped driving it...

No matter how much it appreciates, it'll cost quite a bit to get it sorted out and roadworthy again. Start with tyres and brakes....

IMO: Get the tyres pumped up (if they'll still hold air) and get it wheeled out into the sunlight. Then get someone to give it a bl**dy good looking over for rust. Then get a second opinion. Also IMO, unless you're super-lucky it'll need some welding.

J.

Thanks for that. Am getting a friend out at the weekend. He owns a coachworks company. He says the wheels should be removed, all oils taken out and replaced with God knows, bodywork waxed with some special stuff (his words) and put on ramps. Whatever they are. He knows the car well, so will leave him to it :)
That made no sense to me at all, so best if I go shopping :D

J4CKO 14 March 2007 09:29 PM

Wont have rusted, they were galvanised by 1990, it is however not worth much unless its a 'Halo' model rather than just a nice spec.

Lee247 14 March 2007 10:46 PM

It's doing no harm where it is. I just wondered if it would appreciate in time. :)
I'm very attached to it, it's a female thing :D

Daz1121 15 March 2007 12:21 AM

Where abouts in the country is the car and do you know the reg of it. Reason being its that I used to have a car exactly like that, same model, age colour, full service history and wondering if it's the same car.

Lee247 15 March 2007 12:33 AM

In my garage, Newcastle area :)
I've had him for 13 years now, he was 3 when I bought him :)
Original reg is a "G"

Daz1121 15 March 2007 12:37 AM

Won't be my old one then. It's a cracking car and when the new owner drove away with mine it honestly brought a tear to my eye.

Lee247 15 March 2007 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Daz1121 (Post 6748910)
Won't be my old one then. It's a cracking car and when the new owner drove away with mine it honestly brought a tear to my eye.

I can't bear to part with him :) pathetic isn't it
I'm on my second scooby now, yet that old fella is still at home :D

J4CKO 15 March 2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 6748923)
I can't bear to part with him :) pathetic isn't it
I'm on my second scooby now, yet that old fella is still at home :D

Re-commision it and use it !

I like the old Audi's, that lovely 5 cylinder engine mainly.

Nat 15 March 2007 01:40 PM

If i had that in my garage, well it wouldn't be in my garage i'd be making it road worthy and sticking the scoob in the garage!

Scrappy08 02 April 2007 03:16 AM

That's worth a sale. Call it vintage or whatever, but I would never dare sell a good collection.