ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   My NHS dentist has just retired. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/590468-my-nhs-dentist-has-just-retired.html)

paulr 12 March 2007 07:08 PM

My NHS dentist has just retired.

And i'm without a dentist. From what i understand getting a new NHS dentist is near on impossible. I'm going to ask around if anyone can recommend a good private one. Do i have any other options,anyone got any good advice.

sociophobe 12 March 2007 07:11 PM

Ask tony lover boy.

Nat 12 March 2007 07:14 PM

My old NHS dentist who i had since i was a nipper and since she qualified retired at the age of about 40 a little while ago. Then she suddenly died. Very sad :(

Got a top private dentist now.

paulr 12 March 2007 07:15 PM

Is it too much to ask for people to take this seriously.

RE: the first reply.

paulr 12 March 2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 6740944)
Got a top private dentist now.

How did you make the decision of who to go with?

scoobian 12 March 2007 07:16 PM

I recently got a new dentist (NHS)
gorgeous blue eyed blonde
....called: Judith Priest !!!!!

I kid you not!

David Lock 12 March 2007 07:21 PM

Presumably he sold his practice or his stake so someone will be taking over his list. Do you know what the score is on that?

Some non-NHS dentists will accept you on a Denplan (or similar) which will still cost but may not hit as hard as a big Private bill.

Or get a season ticket to Prague. dl

Is that serious enough? :D

sociophobe 12 March 2007 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6740947)
Is it too much to ask for people to take this seriously.

RE: the first reply.

For me, knowing you (knowing me, aha) as being tony's lover boy, well yes :lol1:

Simon C 12 March 2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6740927)
And i'm without a dentist. From what i understand getting a new NHS dentist is near on impossible. I'm going to ask around if anyone can recommend a good private one. Do i have any other options,anyone got any good advice.

Alot will be with the new rules that are coming in.

Mind you I'm in the same boat, dad's about to retire too by the looks of things.

paulr 12 March 2007 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 6740973)
Presumably he sold his practice or his stake so someone will be taking over his list. Do you know what the score is on that?

Two Polish dentists have taken over. My sister and her family had the same dentist as me. They are not too happy with the new set-up and are looking for a new dentist. My problem is i missed an appointment and have been "struck off".

Nat 12 March 2007 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6740949)
How did you make the decision of who to go with?

He came in as a partner to replace the lady who retired then he and the original partner took the practice 100% private. I think the original partner had been planning this (my old dentist didn't want to go non-nhs) since he knew she was leaving and had spent a good deal of time finding someone very very good. He's been superb with me and i haven't heard anyone else saying any different :)

J4CKO 12 March 2007 08:42 PM

You forgot to add,

'My NHS dentist has just retired'

'To his yacht in the Bahamas, aged 41'

Make hay while the sun shines robbing extractors of teeth and cash, hopefully a glut of newly qualified Dentists will force prices down and availability up !

paulr 12 March 2007 11:33 PM

If you live in nottingham,there's quite a choice of NHS dentists.

List of all Dentists in Nottingham City PCT

Do you get better treatment going private. It seems in some well off area's there's no trouble getting a dentist. I live in a pretty poor area (Grimsby) and there's not one NHS dentist on the PCT list.

Lee247 12 March 2007 11:36 PM

My Dentist is fantastic, but too far away from you :( :(
Got my teeth scaled and polished on Thursday, they have just lost the edge now :lol1:

Dazza01 13 March 2007 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6742031)
If you live in nottingham,there's quite a choice of NHS dentists.

List of all Dentists in Nottingham City PCT

Do you get better treatment going private. It seems in some well off area's there's no trouble getting a dentist. I live in a pretty poor area (Grimsby) and there's not one NHS dentist on the PCT list.

This is my dentist and they are bloody great :thumb: and are situated in the grounds of Nott'm university so driving through looking at the totty takes your mind off the toothache :D:D:D:D

Cripps Dental Centre
Universirty Park, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2RD
Tel: 0115 9506781 or 9513099